Flowcharts: UK Competition
This section of the website provides direct access to all UK competition law flowcharts (some of which also appear within Practice Notes). These flowcharts are schematic diagrams which represent the key steps in applying competition law to a number of situations. In the list below, the flowcharts are divided between those which demonstrate the application of the law to various transactions, practices and agreements and those which demonstrate investigation or compliance procedures. For details of other competition flowcharts see Flowcharts: EU.
Flowchart diagrams demonstrating the analytical steps in assessing whether a particular transaction, practice or agreement is caught by UK competition law.
Chapter I prohibition
- Application of Chapter I prohibition to IP agreements ( www.practicallaw.com/5-102-2942)
- Application of Chapter I prohibition to R&D agreements ( www.practicallaw.com/3-102-2943)
- Commercial agreements under the Competition Act ( www.practicallaw.com/6-102-2946)
- Regulation of pricing practices ( www.practicallaw.com/2-102-2948)
Chapter II prohibition
- Criteria for relevant merger situation under the Enterprise Act 2002 ( www.practicallaw.com/0-102-3251)
- Joint ventures - control under EU and UK law ( www.practicallaw.com/8-102-2988)
Procedure, compliance and enforcement
Flowchart diagrams demonstrating the procedural steps taken by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) or the parties in various situations.
Chapter I/ Chapter II prohibition
- Competition Act 1998 - investigation procedure (including participation by complainants) ( www.practicallaw.com/4-205-4452)
- CMA settlement procedure ( www.practicallaw.com/3-580-5025)
- Dawn raids procedure ( www.practicallaw.com/2-102-2953)
- Procedure on an investigation by the CMA ( www.practicallaw.com/7-102-2955)
- The voluntary redress scheme approval process ( www.practicallaw.com/8-618-9770)