Agreement for lease
An agreement for lease for use where:
- The terms of a lease have been agreed but completion of the lease will not occur immediately.
- The agreed form of lease is to be annexed to the agreement.
- There is no premium payable for the grant of the lease.
The standard document contains alternative wording for use where the lease is to be:
- Excluded from the security of tenure provisions of sections 24 to 28 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Conditional upon the grant of planning consent for change of use.
It is drafted from the landlord's point of view but aims to achieve a fair balance between the parties.