About the NDPB Lawyers' Group
The NDPB Lawyers' Group first met in May 2010. Its aims are to enable in-house lawyers working within Non-Departmental Public Bodies (NDPBs) to:
- Develop networks.
- Share information and expertise.
- Achieve communal benefits, for example, through the provision of joint training.
The group provides significant networking and information sharing opportunities for NDPB legal teams, which are traditionally small and often outside centrally funded networks such as the Government Legal Service.
The Executive Committee
Our Executive Committee meets regularly to identify issues of mutual interest and plan the group's events. All our members, including those on the Executive, are volunteers.
The current members of the Executive Committee are:
Dipti is Senior Legal Counsel at the Health Protection Agency, advising its national and regional offices on all legal matters.
Tom works at the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority and advises on public law issues, civil litigation and fire safety prosecutions.
Helen is Legal Director at the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
Juliet is General Counsel at the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Julie is senior legal counsel at the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST) Corporation, which is the trustee of the NEST pension scheme.
Twice a year, the group runs a full-day training conference, hosting a number of guest speakers.
Details of the event will be publicised through these pages to public and regulatory lawyers, who need not be working within an NDPB or a member of the NDPB Lawyers' Group to attend.
For the agendas of past and forthcoming NDPB Lawyers' Group events, please see NDPB Lawyers' Group training events.
Members of the group can access copies of the slides from past training events. To do so, please see the Members' area or email: email@example.com.
Should you wish to attend any of the training events or have any suggestions for the content of future training days, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NDPB Lawyers' Group is a voluntary organisation and we are very grateful to the following, who have generously hosted or spoken at our events:
- 11KBW, London
- Bates Wells Braithwaite LLP, London
- Bevan Brittan, London
- DWF LLP, Birmingham
- Eversheds LLP, London
- Hill Dickinson LLP, Manchester
- Fieldfisher LLP, London
- Mills & Reeve LLP, Birmingham
- No 5 Chambers, Birmingham
- Pinsent Masons LLP, London
- RSM Tax and Accounting, London
- Selman Ansari, Bates Wells Braithwaite
- Jonathan Auburn, Thirty Nine Essex Street
- Joseph Barrett, 11KBW
- Paul Bentall, former General Counsel/in-house lawyer (non-practising)
- Jamie Burton, Doughty Street Chambers
- Kevin Calder, Mills & Reeve
- Hanna Basha, Hill Dickinson LLP
- Huw Beverley-Smith, Fieldfisher LLP
- Magnus Boyd, Hill Dickinson LLP
- Mark Bradley, 42 Bedford Row
- Jonathan Branton, DWF LLP
- Melanie Carter, Bates Wells Braithwaite
- Olivia Carter, Bevan Brittan LLP
- Gayle Ditchburn, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Elizabeth Dunford, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Claire Edwards, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Mark Fitzgibbon, Hill Dickinson
- Clare Francis, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Claire Gamage, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Paul Gilbert, Chief Executive, LBC Wise Counsel
- Nick Glockling, Legal Services Board
- Eleanor Grey QC, Thirty Nine Essex Street
- Mark Hammerton, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Clifton Harrison, DWF LLP
- Olivia Harrisson, Fieldfisher LLP
- Scott Harwood, RSM Tax and Accounting
- Victoria Hordern, Fieldfisher LLP
- Shailee Howard, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Mugni Islam-Choudhury, No. 5 Chambers
- Huw Jones, Eversheds LLP
- Peter Jones, Eversheds LLP
- Daniel Keating, Hill Dickinson LLP
- Alex Keenluside, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Sophie Kemp, Kingsley Napley LLP
- Nicola Kenward, Senior Solicitor, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Andrew Little, Hill Dickinson LLP
- Guy Lougher, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Rosie Macadie, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Elizabeth Marshall, Eversheds LLP
- Jill Mason, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Scott Matthewson, 42 Bedford Row
- Jonathan Moffett, 11KBW
- Judge Fiona Monk, Regional Employment Judge
- Fenella Morris QC, Thirty Nine Essex Street
- Michael Mousdale, DWF LLP
- Graeme Nuttall OBE, Field Fisher
- Ellie Okereke, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Juliet Oliver, Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Matthew Orme, Bates Wells Braithwaite LLP
- Simon Osborne, Chief Executive, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Naomi Owen, No 5 Chambers
- Gavin Paul, Eversheds LLP
- Timothy Pitt-Payne QC, 11KBW
- Richard Plaistowe, Associate, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Anya Proops, 11KBW
- Natalie Prosser, Ofqual
- Daniel Purcell, Capsticks
- Caroline Rai, RSM Tax and Accounting
- District Judge Anthony Rich TD
- Sarah Riding, Associate, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Abbie Rumbold, Bates Wells Braithwaite LLP
- Joanna Shaw, General Medical Council
- Angharad Shurmer, Eversheds LLP
- Duncan Sinclair, Thirty Nine Essex Street
- Matthew Smith, Capsticks
- Susie Smith, Bevan Brittan LLP
- Tim Suter, Fieldfisher
- Jonathan Swift QC, 11KBW
- John Vallance, Solicitor, BBC
- Steven Vaughan , Senior Lecturer and Director of Research, Birmingham Law School
- Oliver Wall, Regional Head of Political Engagement – Europe, HSBC
- Trevor Watkins, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Catriona Watt, Anderston Strathern
- Tim Winn, Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Neil Woodbridge, CEO Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions CIC
- George Woodhead, Ely Place Chambers
- Michael Wright, Hill Dickinson LLP
This area is intended to allow NDPB lawyers who are members of the NDPB Lawyers' Group to communicate in a secure environment. Access is therefore restricted and requires log-in details. If you would like to enquire about receiving log-in details, or have not yet received your log-in details, please e-mail: NDPBlawyersgroup@thomsonreuters.com.
To access the members' area, please click on the following links: