- Anti-bribery, corruption and fraud
- Competition law
- Cyber security
- Data protection
- Environmental law
- Health and safety
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Reputation management
- Risk management: general
- Demystifying company accounts
- Demystifying auditing for lawyers
- Demystifying business plans for lawyers
- Good faith and commercial contracts: playing fair
- Why traditional legal terms are costing your business (and what to do about it)
Managing and leading teams
- Leading small and medium legal teams
- Team emotional intelligence: how to avoid being a "quarrel of lawyers" and create a high-performance
Getting started in-house
Working with other people: skills for the new SRA regime
Kelli Read, Managing director, beyondBlackletter
Some early birds have already adopted the new regime, but from 1 November 2016 all solicitors will be required to adhere to the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s (SRA) new approach to continuing competence.
An introduction to the ethical leadership for in-house lawyers project
Richard Moorhead, Professor of Law and Professional Ethics at UCL
The Centre for Ethics and Law, UCL Laws, has recently published the first stage of our Ethical Leadership for In-House Lawyers Project. In this project, we are collaborating with in-house lawyers to understand the ethical challenges they face and help them build their capacity to deal with such challenges.
Modern Slavery Act: vital insights from soft law
Anna Triponel, Triponel Consulting
At a recent panel I spoke at relating to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (MSA), the Home Office representative was showered with questions regarding the transparency in supply chains provision (Section 54, MSA).
Top 10 Practical Law resources that are most popular with in-house lawyers.
Our most popular short form standard agreements for in-house lawyers.
Browse key resources for company secretaries.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Latest Ask Questions
- Merger relief: can a company use its merger reserve to redeem its preference shares?
- Company formation and constitution: can a company limited by shares be converted into a company limited by guarantee?
- Overseas companies: how will the acquisition of an overseas company impact its UK establishment?
- Intra-group sale: can the gain resulting from an intra-group sale be distributed?
- Share buybacks: where a company has classes of shares that are voting and non-voting, should only the holders of the voting shares signify their agreement to a written resolution to approve a share buyback?
- CMA announces settlement in the furniture industry products investigation
- Public M&A: Trends and highlights from 2016
- Corporate governance: PLSA Corporate Governance Policy and Voting Guidelines 2017
- Limited partnerships: revised draft legislative reform order on amendments to Limited Partnerships Act 1907 in respect of private investment funds
- Limited partnerships: BEIS call for evidence on review of limited partnership law