- Anti-bribery, corruption and fraud
- Competition law
- Data protection
- Environmental law
- Health and safety
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Reputation management
- Risk management: general
- In-house counsel's know-how and training expectations of law firms
- Leading small and medium sized legal teams
Getting started in-house
Legal advice privilege: not just for legal advice
Jan O'Neill, Herbert Smith Freehills
"A recent High Court decision has provided reassurance to both lawyers and clients as to the scope of legal advice privilege."
Country focus : India – finally embracing foreign lawyers?
Neha Bajpaee, Practical Law Global
"The Indian government, in consultation with the Bar Council of India and the Society of Indian Lawyers has given its go-ahead to a proposal allowing foreign law firms to enter India on a reciprocal basis."
Supreme Court attempts to clear up century-long mess
Harry Adamson, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
"In Cavendish Square Holding BV v Talal El Makdessi and ParkingEye Limited v Beavis  UKSC 67, the Supreme Court gave its first judgment on contractual penalty clauses in 100 years."
Disciplinary investigations: when is HR advice appropriate?
Chris Stone, Barrister, Devereux
"In the widely reported case of Ramphal v Department for Transport UKEAT/0352/14, the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) upheld a finding of unfair dismissal due to the inappropriate level of interference in the dismissal process by an HR manager."
Top 10 Practical Law resources that are most popular with in-house lawyers.
Our most popular short form standard agreements for in-house lawyers.
Browse key resources for company secretaries.
Latest Ask Questions
- Can an employer make redundancies to cover the anticipated increased costs of compliance with the introduction of the National Living Wage?
- Can we ask employees to provide a selfie for use on the company website and do we need specific consent for the use of their image ?
- Are there any general requirements regarding complaints procedures where the sector is unregulated?
- Why do your consumer terms and conditions not make the ban on third parties enforcing subject to the rights of any assignee of the trader?
- Is there a legal obligation to hold a meeting where a worker raises a concern under a whistleblowing policy?
- Private equity: Invest Europe updated handbook of professional standards (corporate aspects)
- Energy sector weekly round-up to 23 November 2015
- What's Market weekly industry sector activity to 23 November 2015
- Annual reporting and AGMs 2015: What's Market practice?
- Transparency Directive: home member state notification