- Anti-bribery, corruption and fraud
- Competition law
- Cyber security
- Data protection
- Environmental law
- Health and safety
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Reputation management
- Risk management: general
- Demystifying company accounts
- Demystifying auditing for lawyers
- Demystifying business plans for lawyers
- Good faith and commercial contracts: playing fair
- Why traditional legal terms are costing your business (and what to do about it)
Managing and leading teams
- Leading small and medium legal teams
- Team emotional intelligence: how to avoid being a "quarrel of lawyers" and create a high-performance
Getting started in-house
Working with other people: skills for the new SRA regime
Kelli Read, Managing director, beyondBlackletter
Some early birds have already adopted the new regime, but from 1 November 2016 all solicitors will be required to adhere to the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s (SRA) new approach to continuing competence.
An introduction to the ethical leadership for in-house lawyers project
Richard Moorhead, Professor of Law and Professional Ethics at UCL
The Centre for Ethics and Law, UCL Laws, has recently published the first stage of our Ethical Leadership for In-House Lawyers Project. In this project, we are collaborating with in-house lawyers to understand the ethical challenges they face and help them build their capacity to deal with such challenges.
Modern Slavery Act: vital insights from soft law
Anna Triponel, Triponel Consulting
At a recent panel I spoke at relating to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (MSA), the Home Office representative was showered with questions regarding the transparency in supply chains provision (Section 54, MSA).
Top 10 Practical Law resources that are most popular with in-house lawyers.
Our most popular short form standard agreements for in-house lawyers.
Browse key resources for company secretaries.
A selection of articles on the key changes for companies operating in Ireland.
Latest Ask Questions
- Share certificates: what date should be included in a share certificate?
- Share buybacks: where a company purchases shares out of capital pursuant to an employees' share scheme, how does the time limit for the surrender of the shares relate to the effective date of the resolution?
- Written resolutions: if the company fails to circulate a written resolution proposed by members, and the members circulate and pass the resolution, would section 293(7) of the CA 2006 make the resolution valid?
- Written resolutions: can a company's articles include a provision that deems a member's agreement if the member does not respond to a proposed written resolution within a specified time frame?
- Company meetings: can a person other than the registered member exercise the right to vote attached to the shares in the company?
- ICO publishes comments on EU-US data transfers
- Energy sector weekly round-up to 22 August 2016
- ERS online: HMRC employment-related securities bulletin number 23 on late online filing penalties
- MAR: CLLS and Law Society second Q&A
- Directors' remuneration: revised GC100 and Investor Group directors' remuneration reporting guidance
Join us for a lively debate on 1 September 2016 as our expert panel explore the issue of accountability in political campaigning.