- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do you have consumer terms and conditions that comply with the requirements of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer ADR Regs?
- Can you validly execute a contract by applying an image (for example, pdf) copy of your handwritten signature?
- Can we serve a notice to terminate the contract in six months under a clause that provides for three months notice?
- Do delivery packaging/documents constitute "business correspondence" under the Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008?
- In an IT context, would an exclusion of indirect losses clause ordinarily cover losses such as loss of business, loss of goodwill and wasted management time?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Government publishes further commencement order under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- High Court ruling on remedy following finding that local authority made errors in tender evaluation
- Pre-incorporation contracts: meaning of contrary agreement (High Court)
- Indirect discrimination claim may be brought by person not possessing protected characteristic (ECJ)
- Practical Law Commercial publishes Consumer Rights Act compliant terms for online supply to consumers
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
This year we’re upgrading the Practical Law website to provide you with a fresh interface and exciting new features. Find out more information and see a list of FAQs here.