- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a supplier legally impose minimums, in exchange for exclusivity?
- A customer requested early termination of a contract part way through which was accepted and acknowledged by an employee performing the work. The employee did not have authority - is the termination binding?
- If initial negotiations have taken place at premises, and further negotiations then take place and the contract is concluded later, will this take it past a gathering of information, making it an on-premises contract?
- Where a customer is due a rebate on purchases due to hitting certain targets or performing marketing activities, could this be considered a payment for services on which interest arises?
- Is the beneficiary of a guarantee which also contains indemnification provisions bound to mitigate its losses?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Supreme Court holds that agent's authority to collect debts owed to the principal was not irrevocable
- ASA rules on appropriate targeting for YouTube ads unsuitable for children
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: Lords Scrutiny Committee criticises government proposal to delay compensation provision for rail passengers
- Execution of a document using an electronic signature: Law Society and CLLS practice note
- Commission grants exemption from Utilities Directive for courier and other services in Poland
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.