- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Outsourcing Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where a customer has 'opted-in' to being contacted by the company, and for the company to pass on the customer's details to a third party, but then notifies the company that it no longer wishes to be contacted, what obligations does the company have?
- Would an exclusive distributorship clause appointing the distributor as the "exclusive reseller" of the product to end users prevent the supplier from selling the product directly to end users?
- Is there a requirement for a car manufacturer to keep spare parts for a certain period?
- If terms and conditions are purportedly attached (but are not) to an email, have they been incorporated by notice?
- Can Section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 be impliedly excluded by an express warranty limited in time?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
How to search.
- ASA consults on new prioritisation principles to guide its complaints-handling work
- Valuer not negligent where report relied on for purpose outside scope of instruction (High Court)
- Services Directive: Europcar, Hertz and Avis stop discriminatory practices against consumers
- TSI launches website for businesses selling to consumers
- Government publishes response to consultation on changes to street trading legislation
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.