- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do we have to rely on a contract from the other side which has hand-written amendments which do not appear on our counter-signed copy which shows them?
- Are discounted and bespoke goods covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015?
- Can a party who 'wilfully defaults' rely on exclusions of liability if there is an intentional breach of the terms of an agreement?
- Where personal injury or death have not been carved out of a limitation clause in a business to business contract, does this render the whole clause void under UCTA?
- Can a performance guarantee pre-date the signing of the contract whose performance is guaranteed?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Corporate bodies are protected from discrimination under Equality Act 2010 (EAT)
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: main provisions now in force
- Crown Commercial Service guidance on electronic procurement and electronic communication
- Northern Ireland High Court considers whether it had jurisdiction over Scottish defendant
- Enforcement under the Consumer Rights Act 2015: two Statutory Instruments made
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.