- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What is the legal basis for the statement that for public policy reasons, an agreement to indemnify a person against a criminal or civil penalty is not usually upheld?
- Under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes Regulations, is there any guidance on what "any offer made to a consumer by email" and what "competent to deal with" a matter means?
- Is the supply of gas and electricity considered to be 'services' for the purposes of Part 1 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015?
- Can a manufacturer who manufactures goods where the end user is a member of the public be a service provider under the Equality Act 2010 and therefore be under a duty to make reasonable adjustments to those goods?
- Do the Commercial Agents Regulations apply to the appointment by a UK company of an agent in France promoting sales in Africa?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- ASA to adopt stronger approach to broadband price claims in adverts from October
- European Commission consultation on introducing a Services Passport and addressing regulatory barriers to cross-border provision of business services
- Construction sector: European Commission launches public consultation on proposal to introduce services passport
- Member state insolvency laws cannot prevent insolvency courts' investigation into breach of EU consumer protection law (ECJ)
- Commission publishes Roadmap for evaluation of Consumer Rights Directive
The 3rd Annual Retail Law Forum takes place on 15 June 2016. For the most up to date information, including the agenda and speakers, click here to visit our website.
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.