- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where equipment is hired, but without a contract, is there is a default position as to when risk passes and which party is under a duty to insure the relevant equipment?
- Can a party terminate if there is no contract, despite acting as if one was in place? Can terms of the drafts be implied or can a party simply walk away?
- If a company has undercharged a customer, can the extra monies be recovered?
- Do you have a non-solicitation/poaching clause for a commercial agreement?
- If a seller provides T&Cs with a quote, but the buyer states on a subsequent purchase order that their conditions shall apply but does not provide them but states they are available on their website, whose terms prevail?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- European Commission 2017 Work Programme: commercial aspects
- Government to introduce personal liability for directors for nuisance call fines in spring 2017
- Crown Commercial Service publishes updated guidance on buying goods and services: options for public sector buyers
- Department of Health publishes EU procurement guidance for NHS commissioners
- Scottish government publishes draft bill on second independence referendum
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.