- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Outsourcing Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Although there appears to be a trend for contracts to include a clause stating that the contract shouldn't be construed against the party that drafted it, is there any benefit in such a clause?
- What is the effect on the contract if it doesn't specify the currency in which the price is to be paid?
- If a franchise agreement is terminated for breach, can the franchisor still enforce the restrictive covenants?
- To what extent should we redact documents that are disclosable under section 35 of the Data Protection Act 1998?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
How to search.
- Consumer Rights Bill: House of Lords proposes new amendments to regulate secondary ticketing sales
- Valid disclaimer of responsibility to third parties in audit report meant claim against auditors should be struck out (High Court)
- Warranty claims: construction of notice of claims clause and attribution of fraud to corporate buyer (High Court)
- Court of Appeal considers duty to supply information under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- High Court finds aggrieved party had no right to keep repudiated contract alive and considers liquidated damages clauses
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.