- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is a company obliged to pay an invoice where the contract came to an end over a year ago, e.g. the contract ended April 2014 but the invoice was raised in December 2015?
- Does the late payment of commercial debts act apply to settlement agreements?
- Can suppliers' terms be incorporated into a supply of goods contract merely by reference to a statement that the contract will be governed by terms on their website?
- If we act for individuals who have property portfolios, are they a "consumer" for the purposes of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013?
- Is a contract with a consumer for airport parking exempt from a right of cancellation under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Temporary cessation of work by subcontractor did not preclude TUPE business transfer or service provision change (EAT)
- BIS responds on consultation about protection for small businesses when buying goods and services
- Appeal of 'support gay marriage' cake case adjourned after intervention by NI Attorney General
- General Court dismisses appeal by PRIMA against Commission procurement decision
- Government response to consultation on transposition of new Concessions Directive and Utilities Directive
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.