- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a partnership continue to retain exclusivity in a trading name after the partners have agreed to stop using it?
- Are non-trading companies with an overall turnover over £36m caught by the Modern Slavery Act? Are groups in which the cumulative revenue of their subsidiaries is over £36m caught by the Modern Slavery Act?
- Is a company obliged to pay an invoice where the contract came to an end over a year ago, e.g. the contract ended April 2014 but the invoice was raised in December 2015?
- Does the late payment of commercial debts act apply to settlement agreements?
- Can suppliers' terms be incorporated into a supply of goods contract merely by reference to a statement that the contract will be governed by terms on their website?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- No implied retainer, but solicitors owed limited duty of care to third parties (High Court)
- Consultation on devolving Sunday trading rules: government response
- The Legislative Reform (Exempt Lotteries) Order 2016 made
- ICO consults on revised privacy notices code of practice
- Temporary cessation of work by subcontractor did not preclude TUPE business transfer or service provision change (EAT)
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.