- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- In contracts with consumers, can we include a right to recover any costs incurred by the supplier in collecting overdue payments?
- If a party has orally waived a right to terminate, should the waiver be acknowledged in writing?
- Do you have consumer terms and conditions that comply with the requirements of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer ADR Regs?
- Can you validly execute a contract by applying an image (for example, pdf) copy of your handwritten signature?
- Can we serve a notice to terminate the contract in six months under a clause that provides for three months notice?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- BIS consults on proposal for Small Business Commissioner
- CCS publishes commercial capability contract management standards
- Supreme Court confirms relevance of events after breach to assessment of damages in single sale cases
- Home Office publishes results of consultation re modern slavery in the supply chain
- Government publishes further commencement order under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
This year we’re upgrading the Practical Law website to provide you with a fresh interface and exciting new features. Find out more information and see a list of FAQs here.