- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do you have a template that covers the right for parties to renogiate payment terms at the end of an initial or extended term of agreement?
- Can a third party sue a company where it wrongly believed the employee it was dealing with had authority to bind the company?
- If the terms of a distributorship agreement are silent as to whether a debt can be assigned, is assignment of the debt without consent permitted?
- Can a purchase order be defined as property?
- Can you become a party to a contract by making a payment on behalf of a party?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
An article considering some potential implications of Brexit for commercial and contract law.
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on consumer law.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
- DCLG consults on addition to Best Value Statutory Guidance
- Digital Economy Bill: House of Lords debates making use of digital harvesting software for ticketing abuse an offence
- Portability of online content services: COREPER endorses informal trialogue agreement on proposed Regulation
- Contiguous extension of time in sub-contract (Court of Appeal)
- High Court finds term in timeshare exchange agreement was not unfair
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.