- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a supplier legally impose minimums, in exchange for exclusivity?
- A customer requested early termination of a contract part way through which was accepted and acknowledged by an employee performing the work. The employee did not have authority - is the termination binding?
- Where a customer is due a rebate on purchases due to hitting certain targets or performing marketing activities, could this be considered a payment for services on which interest arises?
- Is the beneficiary of a guarantee which also contains indemnification provisions bound to mitigate its losses?
- If a photocopy company discovers it has under-charged, can it issue another invoice for the excess where the other party has paid the original sum?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Execution of a document using an electronic signature: Law Society and CLLS practice note
- Commission grants exemption from Utilities Directive for courier and other services in Poland
- Law Commission publishes annual report 2015-16 and launches consultation on 13th programme of law reform: commercial aspects
- Cabinet Office announces the merger of BIS with the Department of Energy to create a new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- ECJ rules that it is unlawful to require a contractor to directly perform a specified percentage of works
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.