- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do you have B2B T&C's for supply of goods where the supplier has purchased goods and modified them for resale, or where the supplier sells on to another party who incorporates goods into a finished product for resale?
- If C sells to A products that include parts from B, is there a clause to insert in the contract between C and A that allows C to assign to B the debt if A fails to pay for goods, so that B must pursue A for the debt directly?
- What is the easiest way to find a template for an "indemnity" or hold harmless" letter in PL materials?
- Can third party suppliers and resellers offer extended warranty services to consumers independently of those offered by the manufacturer?
- Do you have authority or practice notes to show that payment instructions are merely given to expedite the process and do not affect the underlying obligations of a contract?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Revised thresholds from 1 January 2016 under new public procurement directives
- Explanatory Memorandum to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 published
- Speech by David Currie on markets and the role of the CMA in Scotland
- Commission opens infringement action against Hungary for breach of public procurement rules
- Parties' agreement not conditional and summary judgment granted (TCC)
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.