- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What happens if an agreement is silent on the circumstances in which commission is not payable to the introducer?
- Does section 48A(3) Sale of Goods Act 1979 (that is, the presumption that the goods are defective within six months of delivery) only apply to faulty and not to damaged goods?
- If a seller informs the buyer that it will exercise a retention of title clause, is he entitled to change his mind and instead sue for the balance of the invoice?
- Can a contract be terminated for a force majeure event where there is no contractual provision to terminate for force majeure?
- What is the position when there are two conflicting clauses in a contract and it has been stated in open correspondence that one of the clauses should be removed, but thereafter is mistakenly left in the contract?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- ECJ dismisses European Dynamics appeal against EMA procurement procedure
- High Court refuses to imply a term of good faith
- ECJ ruling on changing technical specifications in tenders
- Rectification not available as use of inappropriate precedent term not clerical error (High Court)
- High Court refuses to lift suspension on award of contract by Bristol City Council
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.