- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a contract term limit a company's exposure to enforcement of US criminal law?
- Can you terminate for material breach of a warranty?
- Do the Consumer Contract Regulations apply to guarantee agreements entered into between a Landlord and the guarantors of residential tenants?
- Schedule 2 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations states that a consumer should be given information of "where applicable, a complaints handling policy". Is this a legal requirement?
- If a contract states that payment is due on a fixed date, and that date falls on a weekend, when is the payment due?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Monitor finds no breach of Procurement, Patient Choice and Competition Regulations in commissioning community services in Devon
- Crown Commercial Service Procurement Policy Note on supporting apprenticeships and skills through public procurement
- Crown Commercial Service guidance on "public/ public" contracts
- Effect of expiry of notice to complete (High Court)
- Cabinet Office consults on transposition of new Concessions Directive and Utilities Directive
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
2015 will see the launch of a new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.