- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- If a photocopy company discovers it has under-charged, can it issue another invoice for the excess where the other party has paid the original sum?
- Is a business sale agreement covered by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998?
- Do you have guidance on rights of cancellation for bespoke products?
- Can liquidated damages be used in the event of a breach of a non-solicitation clause?
- Does putting the slavery and human trafficking statement in a drop down box under 'Social Responsibility' mean that it is sufficiently prominent for the purposes of the Modern Slavery Act 2015?
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
- Law Commission publishes annual report 2015-16 and launches consultation on 13th programme of law reform: commercial aspects
- Cabinet Office announces the merger of BIS with the Department of Energy to create a new Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- ECJ rules that it is unlawful to require a contractor to directly perform a specified percentage of works
- Did you know? EUR-Lex provides non-exhaustive list of EU documents related to UK and its position in the EU
- Government confirms to High Court that Article 50 unlikely to be triggered before end of year
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.