A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- FCCA mandate for carrying out inspections revised by legislative amendment
- Federal Cartel Office fines manufacturer of sparkling water for abusive hindrance of competitors
- TCA publishes draft communique on vertical agreements block exemption in fuel oil and LPG sectors
- COMESA Merger Assessment Guidelines
- China imposes record antitrust fine on Qualcomm
- High Court allows Council to proceed with award of new contract following challenge by incumbent NHS Trust supplier
- CMA decision on anticipated acquisition by esure of Gocompare.com
- CMA working paper on pricing strategies of Six Large Energy Firms
- Merger clearance
- CMA consults on draft guidance on approval of voluntary redress schemes
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.