A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Practical Law UK Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Government decisions on implementing EU Damages Directive and draft Regulations published
- Commission seeks views on jurisdictional and procedural aspects of EU merger control
- BIS launches consultation on options to refine UK competition law regime
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Schwenk Zement appeals Commission decision to open Phase II investigation into its joint acquisition of Cemex Croatia with HeidelbergCement
- Commission approves acquisition of ABB's High Voltage Cable and Cable Accessories Businesses by NKT
- Commission approves acquisition of the Technology Solutions business of Avnet by Tech Data
- Merger notifications
- Commission clears acquisition of Harman by Samsung
- New materials published on Brexit
- Ofgem welcomes increase in switching
- CMA writes to Lloyds Banking Group about breaches of Northern Ireland Personal Current Account Banking Market Investigation Order 2008
- CAA policy statement on recovery of costs associated with obtaining planning permission for new runway at Heathrow
- Balmoral Tanks appeals CMA's decision finding information exchange between galvanised steel tanks suppliers
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.