A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission decisions on aid to airports and airlines in France and Germany
- Commission approves UK Electricity Market Reform measures and support for five offshore wind farm projects
- Commission approves 2014-2020 regional aid map for Cyprus
- Commission approves restructuring aid for National Bank of Greece and Piraeus Bank
- Commission refers Italy to ECJ for failure to recover incompatible aid from SEA Handling
- Ofgem initial submission to the CMA on energy market investigation
- Ofcom further consultation on review of Sky's Access Control Services regulation
- CMA update on criminal cartel investigation into the supply of galvanised steel tanks for water storage
- Ofcom call for input on Internet of Things
- CMA confirms variation to payday lending terms of reference
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.