A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission clears acquisition of Noordgastransport by GDF SUEZ, PensionDanmark and Macif
- Summary of Commission decision in air cargo price-fixing cartel
- BEREC publishes presentations from second stakeholder forum
- Commission further recommendation on German regulator's proposals for mobile termination rates
- Merger notifications
- CMA decision on acquisition by Spire Healthcare of St Anthonys hospital in Surrey
- Merger clearances
- Ofgem makes licence modifications to require NGET to publish Electricity Ten Year Statement
- CMA decision on acquisition by Greater Manchester Buses of certain assets from JP Executive Travel
- FCA speech on competition in the interests of consumers
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.