A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- General Court dismisses appeal against Commission decisions rejecting application to participate in restricted invitation-to-tender procedure
- Commission approves acquisition of UBM by the Ortner Group and the Strauss Group
- Commission publishes decisions to open in-depth state aid investigations into transfer pricing arrangements on corporate taxation of Apple and Fiat Finance
- Commission approves joint venture between Areva and Gamesa
- State aid recovery interest and reference rates from 1 October 2014
- New checklist on minimum time limits in public procurement procedures
- CMA consults on variation of Cineworld/ City Screen final undertakings
- Ofwat information note on improving services for customers on new connections
- CAT Practice Direction on commencing damages actions against foreign defendants
- Merger clearances
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.