A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- ACER and CEER response to Commission consultation on a new energy market design
- General Court dismisses appeal by Secolux against Commission procurement decision
- Commission approves acquisition of joint control of Data 4 Group by Colony and AXA
- Commission approves acquisition of SoftwareONE by KKR
- Council agrees position on market opening and governance proposals of Fourth Railway Package
- HM Treasury response to consultation on UK implementation of Interchange Fee Regulation
- Ofcom announces terms of reference of review of TV production sector
- CMA decision on acquisition by Oasis Dental Care of Total Orthodontics
- CMA invites comments on proposed methodology and draft questionnaire for research with tenants in energy market investigation
- FCA calls for inputs on competition in the mortgage sector
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.