A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission approves Apple's acquisition of Beats
- Commission opinion on questions from English court on disclosure of documents created during investigation
- Commission approves acquisition of Teeuwissen and Jagero II by Saria
- CEER memo on development and regulation of electricity storage applications
- Commission decides that creation of a joint venture between Lagardere Services and SNCF Participations does not fall within the scope of EU Merger Regulation
- Defra consults on amending Water Industry (Specified Infrastructure Projects) (English Undertakers) Regulations 2013
- Merger clearance
- CMA invites comments on research agencies invited to tender for market research in energy market investigation
- Ofcom joins Three in dispute about BT's proposed payments for 080 call origination
- Groupe Eurotunnel and SCOP seek review of CMA's remittal decision on Eurotunnel/ SeaFrance merger
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.