A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission opens Phase II investigation into acquisition of TNT Express by FedEx
- Commission opens in-depth state aid investigations into Romanian measures in favour of two airports and airlines
- Commission approves Irish state aid schemes for regional airports
- Commission closes antitrust proceedings against a number of cement manufacturers
- Merger notifications
- Ofcom note on Procedural Officer procedures
- CMA publishes case study and international research report in retail banking market investigation
- Merger consultations
- Government response to consultation on smart metering rollout strategy
- Ofgem consults on ex-post efficiency review of NGGT's Milford Haven pipeline project
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
This year we’re upgrading the Practical Law website to provide you with a fresh interface and exciting new features. Find out more information and see a list of FAQs here.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.