A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission approves joint venture by Mahindra World City Developers and Sumitomo
- Commission approves acquisition of Valida by Raiffeisen Zentralbank
- Commission approves acquisition of Eaststarch by ADM
- Commission approves acquisition of joint control of ESVAGT by 3i Group and AMP
- State aid recovery interest and reference rates from 1 September 2015
- Ofcom seeks comments on proposed spectrum trade by Qualcomm
- ORR data on government financial support to the rail industry in 2014-15
- Ofcom closes review of complaint handling and redress in the postal market
- Ofgem modifies conditions of electricity generation licence relating to compulsory land powers
- Crown Commercial Service Procurement Policy Note on supporting apprenticeships and skills through public procurement
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
2015 will see the launch of a new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.