A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission approves acquisition of Solina by Ardian France
- Advocate General opinion on whether contracting authority can accept substitute tenderer that has not been pre-qualified
- Revised thresholds from 1 January 2016 under new public procurement directives
- Commission grants exemption from Utilities Directive for exploration for oil and gas in Portugal
- Commission amends Guidelines for state aid in the agricultural and forestry sectors and in rural areas
- Ofgem consults on DCC price control for 2014/15
- Ofgem consults on proposal to extend small generator discount again
- 2015 Autumn Statement: key competition and regulatory announcements
- CAT further stays Gamma's appeal against Interconnect Extension Circuits dispute determination pending Court of Appeal judgment in Ethernet case
- CMA decision on acquisition by Platinum Equity of Malcolm Enamellers
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.