A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- ECJ dismisses appeal against refusal of interim measures relating to inspections in the oil, biofuel and bioethanol markets
- ECJ ruling on whether net cost of the universal service obligation includes reasonable profit
- ECJ ruling on whether imposition of tax on telecoms installations permitted under the Authorisation Directive
- ECJ ruling on compatibility with EU law of Italian court fees for procurement review procedures
- General Court dismisses appeal against re-imposition of sodium chlorate cartel fine
- CMA invites comments on proposed methodology and draft questionnaire for research with tenants in energy market investigation
- FCA calls for inputs on competition in the mortgage sector
- CMA consults on undertakings in lieu offered by The Original Bowling Company
- CMA invites comments on intention to conduct qualitative research in retail banking market investigation
- CMA final determination of Bristol Water price control appeal
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.