A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Practical Law UK Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Government decisions on implementing EU Damages Directive and draft Regulations published
- Commission seeks views on jurisdictional and procedural aspects of EU merger control
- BIS launches consultation on options to refine UK competition law regime
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Shanghai DRC fines two companies for resale price maintenance
- Mexico looks at first criminal cartel prosecution case
- Jiangsu AIC fines water supplier for abuse of dominance
- JFTC reviews proposed acquisition of major petroleum products manufacturers in Japan
- Recent developments in antitrust cases and legislative developments in South Africa: February 2017
- Practical Law Competition: materials for those new to competition law
- Ofgem consultation on industry proposals to change network charging arrangements for small electricity distribution connected generators
- Ofgem consults on final proposals for electricity system operator incentives from April 2017
- Ofcom publishes final report on its review of the regulation of Royal Mail
- CMA provisionally concludes no material change in circumstance in private healthcare market to prevent bringing into force remedy relating to information on consultants fees
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.