A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Amendments to antitrust procedural rules and Commission notices published in Official Journal
- Commission approves acquisition of Douglas Group by CVC
- Commission conditionally approves acquisition of Hospira by Pfizer
- Possible tacit collusion on Dutch SME bank loans market
- Commission amends antitrust procedural rules and notices to reflect Directive on damages actions
- DECC consults on amending smart meter "in-home display" licence conditions
- CMA extends deadline and publishes documents in Ashford and St Peter's/ Royal Surrey County hospital merger
- Consumer Rights Act 2015 (Commencement No. 2) Order published
- DECC publishes government's response to CMA's provisional findings in energy market investigation
- CMA decision on acquisition by AXA PPP healthcare of the private medical insurance business of Simplyhealth
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
This year we’re upgrading the Practical Law website to provide you with a fresh interface and exciting new features. Find out more information and see a list of FAQs here.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.