A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Practical Law UK Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Government decisions on implementing EU Damages Directive and draft Regulations published
- Commission seeks views on jurisdictional and procedural aspects of EU merger control
- BIS launches consultation on options to refine UK competition law regime
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- ECJ judgment on Commission appeal against General Court judgment on payment of interest on cartel fines
- Commission approves Italian guarantee state aid for Banca Popolare di Vicenza and Veneto Banca banks
- FTC Charges Two Individuals with HSR Act Violations
- Commission welcomes steps taken by Amazon/Audible and Apple to improve competition in audiobook distribution
- Decision on annual priority lists for development of network codes and guidelines for 2017
- Ofgem launches new Supplier Cost Index and publishes methodology
- CMA investigation into EU short-term car rental price transparency closed
- CMA issues directions to Co-op Insurance on no-claims bonus requirements of Private Motor Insurance Order 2015
- CMA announces settlement in the furniture industry products investigation
- Ofcom fines EE £2.7 million for billing failures
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.