A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission approves acquisition of Deutsche Glasfaser by KKR and Reggeborgh
- Merger notifications
- Advocate General opinions on calcium and magnesium reagents cartel appeals
- Advocate General's opinion on proposed minimum unit price for alcohol in Scotland
- ECJ ruling on calculation of interest when recovering unlawful state aid
- Ofwat consults on amending Guaranteed Standards Scheme to protect non-household customers in new retail market
- Ofgem decision on licence modifications to enhance role of system operator following ITPR project
- Supreme Court update on CMA appeal in Eurotunnel/ Sea France case
- ORR consults on commitments offered by Freightliner to address competition concerns in provision of deep sea container rail transport services
- CMA "60-second summary" guidance on competition law for accountants in practice
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
2015 will see the launch of a new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.