A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- CCPC accepts failing firm defence in Baxter/ Fannin Compounding merger
- Cofece consults on technical criteria for dismissing criminal prosecution
- Polish Competition Authority conditionally clears acquisition of two Polish concrete and aggregates producers by the HeidelbergCement Group
- CNMC closes proceedings against Telefonica
- Spanish High Court considers that Oracle abused its dominant position
- Ofcom publishes Connected Nations Report 2015 and fourth European Broadband Scorecard
- CMA accepts undertakings in lieu from The Original Bowling Company
- CMA decision on merger between Just Retirement Group and Partnership Assurance Group
- Ofcom finds that BT has breached SMP conditions by failing to prepare reconciliation report and audit opinions
- Revised water mergers regime to enter into force on 18 December 2015
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.