A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission approves acquisition of joint control of All3Media by Liberty Global and Discovery
- Commission approves 2014-2020 regional aid maps for Belgium, the Netherlands and Italy
- Speech by Carlos Esteva Mosso on mergers and the regulatory environment
- Commission clears Metal One/ Mitsui & Co Steel joint venture
- Commission approves French aid for SuperGrid research programme to develop innovative energy transmission networks
- CMA decision on acquisition of Open Text of GXS Group
- Speech by Ofgem Chairman defending critcisims
- Final decision on ElecLink request for exemption under Article 17 of Regulation 714/2009 for a GB-France interconnector
- DECC consults on proposals to amend ownership unbundling provisions of Electricity Act 1989 and Gas Act 1986
- CMA makes initial enforcement order to Roanza Limited, Enza Group Limited and Robert Smith Group Limited
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.