A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Ombudsman finds no maladministration in Court of Justice's conduct of call for tender
- Commission clears acquisition of UK airport operator NDH1 by Macquarie and Ferrovial
- Commission decision on INEOS/ Solvay joint venture decision published
- Merger notifications
- Commission sends statement of objections to suspected participants in trucks cartel
- High Court awards costs of successful tenderer in relation to application to lift automatic suspension
- Ofcom consults on proposal to apply electronic communications code to Network Rail Infrastructure
- Ofgem decision on SP Transmission request for amended revenue allowance for Beauly-Denny project
- Merger consultations
- FCA speech on its new competition powers
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.