A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- ECJ ruling on application of Brussels Regulation to enforcement of interim judgment in competition damages actions
- CEER consults on regulatory arrangements for the gas storage market
- Speech by Joaquin Almunia on the way ahead for antitrust litigation
- CEER status review on monitoring access to EU LNG terminals in 2009-2013
- Commission issues Article 27(4) notice inviting comments on Air France/KLM, Alitalia and Delta commitments
- Merger clearance
- CMA to refer acquisition by Immediate Media of certain assets of Future Publishing unless undertakings in lieu offered
- High Court adjourns application for early disclosure in public procurement proceedings
- Ofwat consults on modifications to Thames Water licence for price control of Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Ofcom change of control review following aquisition of Channel 5 by Viacom
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.