A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- ECJ rules that tenderer that has breached competition law can be excluded from procurement procedure
- Speech by Margrethe Vestager on state aid modernisation
- Commission approves state aid evaluation plans for aid schemes in the Czech Republic and UK
- BEREC analysis of impacts of "Roam like at Home"
- Summary of Marine Harvest/ Morpol fining decision published
- The Water Act 2014 (Commencement No. 2 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2014 published
- Merger clearance
- The Single Source Contract Regulations 2014 published
- Ofgem publishes new Corporate Strategy and consults on draft forward work programme 2015-16
- Ofgem approves modified BritNed interconnector access rules