A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- Practical Law UK Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission clears acquisition of Kurt Geiger by Cinven
- ACER and ENTSOG launch joint platform to facilitate gas network code implementation
- Commission opens in-depth state aid investigation into Spanish support for Correos
- Commission approves impaired asset management measures for banks in Hungary and Italy
- Commission publishes commitments in Liberty Global/ BASE merger
- Ofcom consumer experience report 2015
- CMA structural merger remedies review: decision on 11 remedies and provisional decision on one remedy
- CMA revises timetable in review of FirstBus/ SB Holdings merger undertakings
- UKRN information paper on inflation measures in economic regulation
- CMA to refer acquisition of Kilfrost's de-/anti-icing fluids business by Clariant unless undertakings in lieu offered
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.