A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- ECJ ruling on imputability to state of guarantees given by director of public body acting outside his authority
- Commission approves acquisition of joint control of All3Media by Liberty Global and Discovery
- Commission approves 2014-2020 regional aid maps for Belgium, the Netherlands and Italy
- Speech by Carlos Esteva Mosso on mergers and the regulatory environment
- Commission clears Metal One/ Mitsui & Co Steel joint venture
- Ofwat corrects error in retail average cost to serve model
- Ofcom invitation to comment on Annual Plan for 2015/16
- Merger clearance
- Ofgem consults on applications by DNOs for relief from penalty interest following close out of the DPCR4 losses incentive mechanism
- CMA decision on acquisition of Open Text of GXS Group
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.