A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Practical Law UK Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Government decisions on implementing EU Damages Directive and draft Regulations published
- Commission seeks views on jurisdictional and procedural aspects of EU merger control
- BIS launches consultation on options to refine UK competition law regime
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Full text of Commission decision approving purchaser of divestments in Konecrane / Terex merger published
- Implementation of the Damages Directive in Ireland
- Advocate General's opinion on application of state aid to activities of Spanish Catholic Church
- Commission clears acquisition of Corialis by CVC
- Full text of decision conditionally approving acquisition of WhiteWave by Danone published
- Ofgem updates policy view on the GB gas transmission charging regime
- DfT publishes post-implementation review of the Railways (Interoperability) Regulations 2011
- DfT consults on introduction of passenger rail public service obligation levy
- Ofgem letter on CMA Restricted Meters remedy
- CMA extends period for considering undertakings in lieu in acquisition by AMC of Odeon and UCI Cinemas
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.