A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission closes Mathworks investigation
- Supreme Court of Canada dismisses Toronto Real Estate Board's leave to appeal: Competition Tribunal must reconsider Commissioner's dominance application
- ACM starts formal investigation into energy auctions
- Portuguese Competition Authority blocks Sport TV joint venture
- Chilean Supreme Court annuls decision of the Antitrust Court condemning the Chilean Civil Registration and Identification Service for discriminatory behaviour in a tendering process
- CMA publishes research as part of residential property management services market study
- Merger clearance
- CAT revised order on conduct of Groupe Eurotunnel/ SCOP appeal
- Ofgem decision on modification to National Grid's charging methodology in relation to Advanced Reservation Capacity Agreements
- CMA and Ofgem concurrency Memorandum of Understanding
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.