A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- ECJ judgment on reference from Latvian court on application of Article 101 to non-compete clause in commercial property leases
- ECJ ruling on time limit for bringing procurement action
- Advocate General's opinion on five appeals in bathroom fittings cartel case
- ECJ ruling on application of Universal Service Directive to tariff modification clauses
- General Court upholds Commission decision on Spanish aid schemes for digitisation and extension of terrestrial TV network
- CMA appoints new Executive Director of Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis
- Ofcom 2015 report to Secretary of State on operation of media ownership rules
- Ofwat consultation on the abstraction incentive mechanism
- Ofcom publishes corrections to second consultation on review of BT's cost attribution methodologies
- CMA to refer acquisition by MRH of 78 petrol stations from Esso unless undertakings in lieu offered
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
Competition Law Conference 2015
Sweet & Maxwell's Competition Law Conference 2015 will return for its 3rd year on 17 September 2015 in London.
Leading experts from Monckton Chambers will be joined by in-house counsel to provide context and a broad understanding of the impact of the most crucial legal developments including, recent EU case law, CMA updates, sectoral regulator powers, dawn raids and merger controls.