A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Council debates Connected Continent telecoms reform proposals
- Commission welcomes entry into force of Cooperation Agreement with Switzerland
- Commission conditionally approves acquisition of Covidien by Medtronic
- Merger notifications
- Speech by Carles Esteva Mosso on the big picture in EU merger control
- Merger clearance
- Ofgem final RIIO-ED1 determinations for slow-track electricity distribution companies
- Ofgem consults on suggested priority areas for changes to the Capacity Market Rules
- CMA decides to release certain ITV merger undertakings
- Ofgem investigates Utilita's compliance with transfer blocking licence conditions
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.