A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Appeal by Infineon against smart card chip cartel decision
- Commission conditionally approves acquisition of Biomet by Zimmer
- Commission approves restructuring of Swisscard joint venture between American Express and Credit Suisse
- Commission approves joint venture between Global infrastructure Management and ACS
- Commission orders Romania to recover incompatible state aid granted in compensation for abolished investment aid scheme
- The Contracts for Difference (Allocation) (Amendment) Regulations 2015 published
- Cabinet Office publishes PPNs on prompt payments, sustainable skills development, open technology standards and tax arrangements
- The Electricity and Gas (Market Integrity and Transparency) (Criminal Sanctions) Regulations 2015 published
- Ofcom directions for BT's Regulatory Financial Reporting
- CAT publishes transcript of hearing of application by DSG Retail to serve damages claim out of jurisdiction on MasterCard
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.