A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- ACM finds that Dutch Railways breached Railway Act in procurement procedure
- MOFCOM signs MoU with Canadian Competition Bureau on co-operation in antitrust enforcement
- Federal Cartel Office closes proceedings against MasterCard and Visa regarding interchange fees
- Polish Competition Authority requests online accommodation booking companies to stop using MFN clauses
- New Members of Turkish Competition Board: Quorum is met after three months of inaction
- Supreme Court dismisses appeal against government decision not to tender for administration of new scheme
- UKRN 2015/16 work programme and report on 2014/15
- Ofgem conditionally approves Competition in Connections Code of Practice
- Ofcom market impact assessment of proposed changes to BBC Three, BBC iPlayer, BBC One and CBBC
- CMA extends deadline for responses to working paper on insured price analysis in private healthcare market investigation remittal
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.