A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- Practical Law UK Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission approves acquisition of Global Via by USS Nero, OPTrust and PGGM
- Commission clears acquisition of Hunkemoller by the Carlyle Group
- Aer Lingus withdraws action against decision under IAG/ bmi commitments
- Speech by Carles Esteva Mosso on the contribution of merger control to the definition of harm to competition
- Merger notifications
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.