A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- BIS second consultation on draft secondary legislation and draft CMA guidance
- Commission proposes directive on antitrust damages and makes recommendations on collective redress
- Commission consultation on measures to improve the effectiveness of EU merger control
- Council decision on conclusion of the revised WTO GPA published in Official Journal
- Merger notifications
- Speech by Joaquin Almunia on competition policy and the global economy
- ACER report on influence of existing bidding zones on electricity markets
- Commission approves acquisition of Esso's European Fuel Card Business by WEX and Radius