A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- General Court judgment on penalty payment in Italian state aid case
- Commission consults on commitments offered by Air France/KLM, Alitalia and Delta concerning transatlantic joint venture
- CEER publishes final advice on the quality of electricity and gas distribution services
- Commission clears Mitsubishi Heavy Industries/ Siemens joint venture
- Commission clears acquisition of Noordgastransport by GDF SUEZ, PensionDanmark and Macif
- CMA sends supplementary statement of objections to pharmaceutical companies in relation to delaying generic entry
- Ofcom closes competition investigation into Talk Talk complaint against BT Group
- Ofgem issues guidance on Government Electricity Rebate
- CMA decision on acquisition by Spire Healthcare of St Anthonys hospital in Surrey
- Merger clearances
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.