A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission publishes second Competition Merger Brief
- Commission publishes full text of decision on acquisition of Statoil Fuel & Retail Aviation by BP
- Summary of Commission decision in paper envelopes cartel
- Commission clears acquisition of E.On Spain by Macquarie and Wren House
- BEREC announces outcome of 22nd plenary meeting
- CAT grants CMA extension of time to apply for costs against Eurotunnel and SCOP
- Ofcom statement on switching on the KCOM copper network
- CMA consults on material change of circumstance in acquisition by Ryanair of minority stake in Aer Lingus
- CMA working paper on capacity
- High Court allows Council to proceed with award of new contract following challenge by incumbent NHS Trust supplier
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.