A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission approves aid for resolution of Greek Panellinia Bank
- Details of appeals against General Court judgments on re-adoption of Italian concrete reinforcing bar cartel decision
- Details of Slovak Telecom appeal against fine for abuse of dominance published
- Commission approves acquisition of office building in Paris region by Goldman Sachs and Altarea
- Commission approves acquisition of Catlin by XL Group
- Ofcom update on spectrum bands above 6 GHz that might be suitable for next generation 5G mobile services
- CAT orders AXA PPP to pay CMA's costs in appeal against private healthcare market investigation final report
- UKRN publishes phase 1 report on cross-sector resilience
- Merger consultations
- Ofgem consults on initial proposals for setting revenue, outputs and incentives for NGET's roles in EMR
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.