A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission approves acquisition of Taminco by Eastman
- Commission approves acquisition of TIBCO by Vista
- Commission conditionally approves joint venture between Airbus and Safran
- General Court finds no errors in Council procurement of IT support services
- General Court dismisses appeal against fine for obstruction of Commission inspection.
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.