A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- ECJ rules mechanism for off-setting electricity generation costs is intervention through state resources
- Commission further extends deadline for considering request from Poland for exemption from new Utilities Directive
- Commission approves Spanish investment aid for leisure park in Murcia
- Commission closes investigation into alleged provision of misleading information in merger notification by Munksjo and Ahlstrom
- Commission approves creation of Portuguese development financial institution
- CMA publishes Chapter I prohibition decision in Pride mobility scooters case
- Ofcom calls for inputs to development of media plurality measurement framework
- Practical Law Public Sector opinion blog: Suspension maintained: the decision in NATS (Services) Limited v Gatwick Airport Limited
- CMA makes initial enforcement order to Motor Fuels Group
- High Court judgment on limitation in competition damages action against Visa
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.