A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission approves acquisition of InterContinental Paris Le Grand Hotel by Constellation and InterContinental Hotels
- Commission approves acquisition of certain Lafarge and Holcim assets by CRH
- ECJ judgment on allocation of spectrum for digital terrestrial broadcasting by Bulgaria
- Commission launches consultation on remedies in public procurement
- Merger notifications
- CMA invites comments on intention to request data from credit reference agency in retail banking market investigation
- High Court refuses to strike out Tesco damages action against MasterCard on basis of ex turpi causa defence
- Ofgem proposes to issue new regulatory instructions and guidance for RIIO-ED1
- Merger consultations
- CMA makes initial enforcement order to Pennon in relation to potential "water merger"
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.