A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- Practical Law UK Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- General Court partially upholds appeal against Commission decision on French state aid to IFP
- Technical pillar Acts of Fourth Railway Package published in OJ
- Commission finds UK Broadband Scheme for 2016-2020 complies with state aid rules
- Commission approves acquisition of Sirti by Pillarstone
- Commission proposes new e-commerce rules
- Ofgem decision on DCC penalty interest licence modification
- Ofwat publishes Water 2020 - a new regulatory approach for water and wastewater services in England and Wales
- FCA paper on access to financial services
- Ofcom reports on its review of the regulation of Royal Mail
- Ofgem report into micro and small business engagement in the energy market
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.