A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission policy brief on state aid modernisation
- FCC closes investigation into distribution of new Volkswagen group brand vehicles
- Commission Recommendation on application of internal energy market rules between EU member states and Energy Community Contracting Parties
- Merger notifications
- ECJ rules mechanism for off-setting electricity generation costs is intervention through state resources
- CMA makes initial enforcement order to Didix International
- Ofgem grants DNOs relief from penalty interest following close out of the DPCR4 losses incentive mechanism
- MoD publishes draft Single Source Contract Regulations 2014
- CMA decision on acquisition by Noble Egg Innovations of Manton
- Ofcom citizens and communications services report
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.