A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission further extends deadline for considering request from Poland for exemption from new Utilities Directive
- Commission approves Spanish investment aid for leisure park in Murcia
- Commission closes investigation into alleged provision of misleading information in merger notification by Munksjo and Ahlstrom
- Commission approves creation of Portuguese development financial institution
- Commission approves acquisition of Total's CCP Composite Business by PCCR USA
- Ofcom calls for inputs to development of media plurality measurement framework
- Practical Law Public Sector opinion blog: Suspension maintained: the decision in NATS (Services) Limited v Gatwick Airport Limited
- Ofgem rejects industry BSC modification proposals and expresses commitment to EBSCR reforms
- Merger clearance
- Ofgem approves proposal to modify BSC to mandate half-hourly settlement for larger non-domestic consumers
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.