A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- FCCA approves application to lift conditions imposed on media merger
- ACER opinion on Network Code on harmonised transmisssion tariff structures
- Appeal by Infineon against smart card chip cartel decision
- Commission conditionally approves acquisition of Biomet by Zimmer
- Commission approves restructuring of Swisscard joint venture between American Express and Credit Suisse
- Ofwat forward programme 2015-2016
- CAA decision on approach to economic regulation of future runway capacity
- Two wrongs don't make a right: the High Court's decision in Gallaher and Somerfield
- CMA decision on acquisition by CVC Capital Partners of Sky Bet
- Court of Appeal dismisses appeal against judgment upholding government decision not to tender for administration of new scheme
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.