A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission approves acquisition of MICROS by Oracle
- Merger notifications
- ACER publishes first cost allocation decision on a PCI project
- Commission approves acquisition of the Pulp, Paper and Packaging Business of the Rank Group by Oji Holdings Corporation and Innovation Network Corporation
- Commission's annual public procurement implementation review for 2013
- Ofgem consults on final proposals for extending existing smart meter framework for data access and privacy to remote access meters
- First CFD allocation round notice and standard terms notice published
- Monitor advice to CMA on pathology joint venture in south east England
- Merger consultations
- CMA announces new competition investigations in bathroom fittings and commercial catering sectors
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.