A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Merger notifications
- Commission publishes guidelines for the examination of state aid to the fisheries and aquaculture sector
- Commission clears Mitsui's acquisition of a stake in GRI
- Commission approves amended restructuring plan of Austrian bank OVAG
- Commission suspends deadline in Flughafen Wien request for exemption from Utilities Directive for provision of airports or other terminal facilities
- CMA full text of decision on acquisition by Willis Group Holdings of Miller Insurance Services LLP
- CMA decision on review of PPU arrangements between HCA International and the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust
- Ofcom fines EE over complaints handling failures
- Ofcom publishes annual report for 2014/15
- Ofgem consults on draft Prosecution Policy Statement
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.