A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission approves 2014-2020 regional aid map for Cyprus
- Summary of Commission decision on automotive bearings cartel published
- Commission announces publication of report on state of EU telecommunications markets
- ACER consults on transaction reporting user manual and RRM requirements for transaction reporting under REMIT
- Commission approves joint venture between Allergopharma, Stallergenes and LETI
- BIS report on review of balance of competences in competition and consumer policy
- Ofwat confirms Thames Water penalty for misreporting sewer flooding data
- Ofcom publishes research into consumer views on the importance of communications services and their affordability
- CMA makes initial enforcement order to Immediate Media Company
- DECC report on review of balance of competences between UK and EU on energy
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Following an extremely successful inaugural conference in 2013, Sweet & Maxwell are looking forward to welcoming back speakers from Brick Court Chambers, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and guests for the 2nd Competition Law Conference. Click here for more information.
17 September 2014.