A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- BIS launches consultation on options to refine UK competition law regime
- Practical Law EU Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- Practical Law UK Competition: Review of 2015 and what to expect in 2016
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission finds that alternative income tax regime for wholesale diamond sector in Belgium does not constitute state aid
- Commission decides that Italy has granted incompatible state aid to Sardinian airlines
- Merger notifications
- Commission clears acquisition of Foncia by Partners Group
- ECJ ruling on preliminary request from Hungarian court regarding application of Brussels Regulation to claim for recovery of interest on competition fine
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.