A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission decision to reject complaint alleging refusal by Visa and MasterCard to provide payment services
- Commission approves joint venture between KKR and Riverstone
- Merger notifications
- Commission approves acquisition of WILD companies by Archer-Daniels-Midland Company
- Speech by Joaquin Almunia on EU competition enforcement highlights from last five years
- Ofgem update on work programme for consumer empowerment and protection in smarter markets
- Cabinet Office consults on transposition of new EU procurement directives
- Merger consultations
- CMA makes initial enforcement order to The Cooper Companies, Inc and Coopervision (UK) Holdings Limited
- Ofgem consults on proposed modifications to licence of successful bidder for the Lincs project
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.