A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- Council announces COREPER agreement on antitrust damages directive
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission adopts package of measures to simplify procedures under EU Merger Regulation
- Commission consultation on measures to improve the effectiveness of EU merger control
- BMI Healthcare withdraws second appeal to challenge Competition Commission's refusal to provide access to information and documents
- DECC announces progress on energy switching times
- Ofcom to consider disputes relating to BT's proposed payments for 080 call origination
- Ofcom final determination of disputes about the terms and conditions on which BT provided MPF New Provide
- Ofwat publishes further revised 2014 price review data tables