A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- ACER decision on allocation of costs of Lithuania/ Poland PCI electricity interconnector
- CEER updated memo on regulatory aspects of energy investment conditions in European countries
- Commission approves acquisition of Pepe Jeans by M1 Fashion and LVMH
- Commission approves acquisition of Detlev Louis Motorradvertriebs by Berkshire Hathaway
- General Court judgment dismissing Deutsche Borse appeal against prohibition of Deutsche Borse/ NYSE Euronext merger
- Ofcom modifies General Conditions to implement a single switching process on KCOM's network
- CMA notice of appointment of consultant to conduct case studies on industry codes modification process in energy market investigation
- CMA invites comments on intention to request data from credit reference agency in retail banking market investigation
- High Court refuses to strike out Tesco damages action against MasterCard on basis of ex turpi causa defence
- Ofgem proposes to issue new regulatory instructions and guidance for RIIO-ED1
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.