A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Key recent developments
- BIS consults on review of CAT rules of procedure
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission adopts new technology transfer block exemption and guidelines
- CMA guidance on Competition Act investigations, cartel prosecutions, concurrency and consumer powers
- Private actions in competition law: Consumer Rights Bill introduced to Parliament
- CMA publishes vision, values and strategy and performance management framework and consults on annual plan and prioritisation principles
- CMA guidance on mergers, market studies and investigations, penalties, transparency and cost recovery
- Commission approves acquisition of Pepkor by Steinhoff
- Commissioner Vestager announces proposal for e-commerce sector inquiry
- Advocate General's opinions on appeals against General Court's rulings relating to paraffin wax cartel
- Commission approves joint venture between Wartsila and China State Shipbuilding Corporation
- ECJ ruling on award criteria based on staff qualifications
- Merger clearance
- CMA publishes independent evaluation of OFT's market study on the commercial use of public information
- Ofgem consults on draft Electricity (Competitive Tenders for Offshore Transmission Licences) Regulations 2015
- Ofgem consults on modifications to RII0-GD1 and RIIO-T1 RIGs
- Ofcom Annual Plan 2015/16
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.