Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Mediation, DABs and ADR in the Middle East (part one)
Helen Turner, associate, Pinsent Masons LLP
"The concept of mediation fits in well within the Middle East, where informal discussions...are common and seen as a way to resolve disputes."
Insurance and subrogation
Natalie Wardle, senior associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"Joint names insurance and subrogation can be tricky... so I was relieved to see that the Court of Appeal holds the same view."
It’s all about how you present your case before the adjudicator
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"[In Broughton Brickwork Ltd v F Parkinson Ltd], F Parkinson argued that... something had gone so seriously wrong that there wasn't rough justice, but no justice at all."
Professional negligence and adjudication - an unsuitable match?
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"Coulson J's very logical and well explained reasoning in MW High Tec Projects v Haase Environmental Consulting makes what is clearly a complex professional negligence issue seem relatively simple."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Should I execute a formal contract after completing works under a letter of intent?
- How do I deal with novation and the CDM 2015 transition period?
- When does a project "begin" under the CDM 2015 transitional arrangements?
- What should a professional consultant consider when sub-letting services on a construction project?
- Is my client liable for cost of clearing neighbour's drains after building works?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- PLC Magazine February 2015: construction-related items
- Court considers whether to remit or set aside award on section 68(2)(d) challenge (TCC)
- Clarity before the adjudicator, ADR in the Middle East and subrogation
- Public Sector opinion blogs: Top 10 tips for new procurement regulations and public children law digest (January - February 2015)
- Valid disclaimer of responsibility to third parties in audit report meant claim against auditors should be struck out (High Court)
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.