Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
The impact of new technology on construction disputes
Richard Dupay, associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"New technology is making it easier for all those involved in a project, including project managers and contractors, to keep excellent site records."
January to June 2015, a half year case review
Practical Law Construction
Lord Denning: "If we never do anything which has not been done before, we shall never get anywhere. The law will stand still while the rest of the world goes on, and that will be bad for both."
June 2015 digest: Aspect v Higgins and an electronic filing pilot
Practical Law Construction
Edwards-Stuart J: "I strongly encourage all those with current or imminent litigation in the TCC to use it where possible… It is essential that this pilot… is tested to the maximum extent possible."
Mind the CAP, TfL's conflict avoidance panel
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS
"...the need was identified for something more flexible and less adversarial, in order that disputes could be 'nipped in the bud' at an early stage."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Who is responsible for a sub-contractor?
- Can I compromise over a single latent defect without affecting future claims for undiscovered latent defects?
- Does including a potential remedial works claim invalidate a pay less notice?
- Does assigning the benefit of a professional appointment allow the assignee to enforce its terms against the consultant?
- What expenses can a local authority recover under section 78 of the Building Act 1984?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- CDM 2015: ACE Agreements 2009 amendments published
- Dispute Resolution blog to 1 July 2015: Insurance Act 2015 and state immunity
- Blog LU New technology, CAP, BIM and cases
- Early application for payment invalid and any entitlement to payment defied common sense (TCC)
- June 2015 digest: Aspect v Higgins and an electronic filing pilot
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.