Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Design defects in offshore wind turbines: it's an ill wind...
John Hughes-D'Aeth, partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"If Højgaard A/S v E.On teaches us anything, it is surely that lawyers should be more vocal in asking to review the so-called technical documents that will form part of the eventual contract."
Adjudicator's wide discretion to set the procedure and timetable unsuccessfully challenged
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"In my experience, holding a meeting with only one party in attendance has to be a last resort, as they are problematic to organise..."
Practical Law's breakfast roundtable on liquidated damages
Michelle Rousell, editor, Practical Law Construction
"These workshops are a fantastic opportunity to receive practical guidance and work through the challenges and issues that everyone faces."
When building projects go wrong
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"[...the judgment in Cockell (t/a Cockell Building Services) v Holton] provides us with a lesson in how not to plead a defects claim."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is a contract to supply and install electronic advertising boards a construction contract?
- Does a parent company guarantee cover interest if the contractor is in administration?
- Is the building owner liable for all the party wall costs?
- Could I enforce a 25 year obligation in year 20 under a deed with a 12 year limitation period?
- Can a party apply for declaratory relief (under CPR 8) to resolve issues relating to a contract's terms?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- Design liability, adjudicator bullying and liquidated damages
- Dispute Resolution blog to 20 May 2015: Enforcing foreign judgments, the new Part 36 and compulsory mediation
- Mediation of construction disputes note revised
- Importance of PTR reinforced in summary judgment and strike out application (TCC)
- House of Commons publishes briefing paper on PFI costs and benefits
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.