Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
A good use of Part 8 in adjudication
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"[Hurley Palmer Flatt v Barclays Bank is] another example of how effective the TCC is at supporting and policing adjudication, making sure the process works and the parties keep their houses in order."
The role of experts in adjudication
Catherine Gelder, partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"Do we need to put safeguards in place to ensure that the adjudicator is not misled by a partial expert?"
Topical issues experienced at the coal face of adjudication practice
Tim Hillier, associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"Most readers will spot some old favourites that are still causing a few headaches, and also some newer issues that have been building to a crescendo more recently."
Why try to resolve a neighbour dispute using mediation?
Elizabeth Repper, barrister, Keating Chambers
"Norris J suggested that it is time for the court to help parties involved in a boundary dispute, dispute over a right of way or other neighbour dispute. This help should take the form of a standard direction."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does removing a door require Building Regulations approval?
- Do you have standard wording for creating a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) in a building contract?
- Can a party wall surveyor claim interest on unpaid fees?
- Can the terms of a licence to alter override the need to comply with the Party Wall Act 1996?
- Can an employer under a construction contract withhold a sum due because of a defect, even after the rectification period?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
- Adjudicator's decision on jurisdiction correct so declaratory relief application failed (TCC)
- Scottish Court of Session lifts automatic suspension of award of framework contract for street lighting materials
- Adjudication, mediation and expert determination
- High Court lifts automatic suspension of award of MoD contract
- Stay allows dispute adjudication board (DAB) to determine dispute under FIDIC Silver Book (TCC)
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of the 2011 suite of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Autumn 2014, London.
We are delighted to announce the return of Practical Law’s Energy Law Forum providing a platform for legal and compliance professionals in the energy industry.
This year’s practice-driven summit will give you an excellent opportunity to network with the best of the Energy Law sector and enable you to assess the latest legal developments from a practical business perspective.
Find out more and register.