Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Time to change "time at large"? advised
Associate, Jennifer Varley: "...perhaps at least one member of the TCC judiciary thinks the time has come to review this long-standing principle of law."
Latest guidance on acting as an expert – part 1
Director, Jonathan Cope: "My message to all experts... is, follow the requirements of [RICS' Surveyors acting as expert witnesses] and you shouldn't get into the type of bother that some experts have got themselves into."
Personal liability, contractual liability, tortious liability: what's the difference?
Partner, Shy Jackson: "Can designers rest easy? The claim failed on the facts but the judgment does make a few suggestions as to when such liability could arise. The dividing line is perhaps not as clear as it could be."
Legal professional privilege versus the iniquity principle
Barrister, Alice Sims, Keating Chambers: "The majority of us rarely deal with cases where a fraud is committed on the scale of that committed by Mr Ablyazov. However, whether we will have to disclose privileged documents in cases concerning much more 'mundane' frauds is something we should all be aware of."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is a road a party wall structure?
- Does Practical Law have a checklist on how a tenant can protect itself from liability for Japanese knotweed?
- Will a deemed acceptance clause be effective in the case of emails?
- Is there any recent case law on the insolvency exception to pay-when-paid clauses in section 113 of the Construction Act 1996?
- What's the current position on escaping the obligation to prepare a costs budget?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
- Expert determination not valid and enforceable (Court of Appeal)
- New article: Dispensing with American Cyanamid: a fresh approach to interim relief in procurement challenges?
- Time at large, surveyor experts and privilege
- Results of review of tax and public procurement policy
- Don't forget to plead contractual interest (High Court)
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of the 2011 suite of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Autumn 2014, London.
We are delighted to announce the return of Practical Law’s Energy Law Forum providing a platform for legal and compliance professionals in the energy industry.
This year’s practice-driven summit will give you an excellent opportunity to network with the best of the Energy Law sector and enable you to assess the latest legal developments from a practical business perspective.
Register your interest today.