Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
October 2014 digest: happy sixth birthday to us
Practical Law Construction
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
TCC grants stay to enable FIDIC dispute board to proceed
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"We should welcome this judgment as further evidence of the TCC's support for ADR... for the court to have decided otherwise would have allowed a 'coach and horses' to be driven through FIDIC's dispute clause."
The Ebola crisis: knowing your force majeure provisions
Matthew Heywood, senior associate, Pinsent Masons
"Parties should therefore review their contracts and contingency plans and discuss with clients and supply chains what can be done."
Multi-tiered dispute resolution clauses. What are they? Why include them? Are they enforceable?
Jessica Stephens, barrister, Keating Chambers
"The test in Wah v Grant Thornton gave some degree of certainty. It is not yet clear whether and, if so, to what extent Teare J's decision in Emirates Trading will be followed."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does an exclusive jurisdiction clause prevent a party adjudicating?
- What are my client's options when a neighbour's boiler flue is trespassing over its land?
- Are the boundary walls covered by the transfer, or should we comply with the Party Wall Act 1996?
- Does the JCT publish guidance on its Sub-subcontract, 2011 Edition?
- Does limiting liability to a multiple of the fee mean the fee paid or the fee due?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- Injunction to prevent winding-up petition based on interim certificates refused
- RIBA launching construction contracts
- PLC Magazine November 2014: construction-related items
- Dispute boards and Ebola
- Reminder to raise jurisdictional challenges during adjudication and properly plead novation defence (TCC)
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.