Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
April 2015 digest: CDM 2015 (again), PD 51J and PAPs Elizabeth Bentley, Ode to Spring
Elizabeth Bentley, Ode to Spring
"Welcome, sweet season of delight, what beauties charm the wond'ring sight."
Comparing adjudication enforcement in Ireland and England
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"What happened in Macob may be the stuff of legend... Adjudication enforcement was born, but not quite as we know it today."
Arbitration, adjudication and insolvency
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"By all accounts arbitration is enjoying a bit of a resurgence. Rising court fees and increasing costs management in the TCC... appears to be leading to more and more parties choosing arbitration, rather than litigation, in their contracts."
Getting paid: remedies for non-payment in the UAE construction industry
Charlotte Leggett, associate and Mark Raymont, partner, Pinsent Masons LLP
"There is no equivalent legislation [to the Construction Act 1996] currently enacted in the UAE. As a result, a number of the contracting restrictions in the UK that reduce contractors’ risk in relation to payment do not apply in the UAE."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a client delegate its duties under the CDM 2015?
- Will the Infrastructure Conditions of Contract be amended to reflect the CDM 2015?
- Do you publish a schedule of amendments to the JCT Measured Term Contract, 2011 Edition?
- Can part only of a new extension wall be a party wall?
- Does the Highways Authority have to comply with the Party Wall etc. Act 1996?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- Liability when international standard is incorrect (Court of Appeal)
- CDM 2015: PPC2000 and TPC2005 amendment sheet published
- No relief from sanctions but counterclaim can be relied on as a defence (TCC)
- High Court ruling on claimant's requests for specific disclosure in public procurement dispute
- April 2015 digest: CDM 2015 (again), PD 51J and PAPs
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.