Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Consumer Rights Act 2015: mostly plain sailing but watch out for Feldarol
Richard Benn, associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"The CRA introduces a number of new rules which may come as something of a surprise to traders carrying out construction works [for a consumer]."
Bogged down in paperwork over steelwork exceptions under section 105(2)
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"...section 105(2) [of the Construction Act 1996] should be consigned to George Orwell's fate worse than death, Room 101!"
Supreme Court reformulates the penalty rule in Cavendish v Makdessi
Matthew Finn, barrister, Keating Chambers
"...in determining what constitutes a penalty in the future, Lord Dunedin's four principles will be used in conjunction with the 'legitimate interest' test put forward in subtly different ways."
PPPs in the Middle East: the new way forward?
Liz Mungara, associate, Pinsent Masons LLP
"The introduction of the Dubai PPP Law demonstrates the government’s commitment to the private sector and shows that there is a clear road map for the development of infrastructure in the Emirate."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do replacement windows need to comply with the Building Regulations 2010?
- When does an oral contract start?
- Does the Construction Act 1996 apply to a contract for the design, construction and installation of a wind turbine on land?
- What can an employer include in a pay less notice?
- What options does my client have if there is no final certificate under the Building Regulations 2010?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- NBS construction contracts and law survey 2015
- Parties' dispute settled by email exchange so nothing to refer to adjudication (TCC)
- Government publishes policy paper on privatising Green Investment Bank (GIB)
- Government announces new energy policy: environmental aspects
- Colour of seals on court documents: important HMCTS note published on 18 November 2015
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.