Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
TeCSA and the TCC: 25 years of collaboration
Caroline Pope, partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"TeCSA will keep the TCC informed of how practitioners are finding [the TCC electronic pilot] and, if teething problems are to be ironed out anywhere, a pilot in the TCC is probably the best place to do it."
No second bite of cherry as adjudicator's decision final and binding
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"...if the parties hadn't mentioned 'binding' in their correspondence, the adjudicator's decision would not have been finally binding."
If you throw enough jurisdictional and natural justice mud, will some of it stick?
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"Kingswood's mud throwing exercise, while admirable, is likely to turn out to be quite a costly exercise for it."
Emerging principals? Implementing CDM 2015
Iain Suttie, associate director, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"It's early days, but are there any patterns emerging as to how the new Regulations will be implemented?"
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Who gives an F10 under CDM 2015?
- Have you come across a clause making a main contractor liable for sub-contractor insolvency?
- Can an adjudicator issue his decision without a meeting with the parties?
- Should funder collateral warranties be in favour of a security trustee or all of the lenders?
- Can a buyer and seller give a joint party wall notice?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- Electronic working: TCC pilot starts on 11 May 2015
- Liquidators' book debt action stayed by valid arbitration clause (High Court)
- Adjudication, TeCSA and the TCC
- Public sector opinion blog: Innovation partnership – does it offer a genuine breakthrough?
- Post-judgment second thought not a valid basis to ask judge to revisit judgment (TCC)
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.