Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Avoiding a blind alley: proving causation in an uncertain world
David Pliener, barrister, Hardwicke
"The facts of Graves v Brouwer are unlikely to trouble the courts again in the near future, but the principles applied by the court most certainly will."
Harding v Paice and Springall – the prequel
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"The central issue that Ramsey J had to consider was whether the parties' contract contained an express adjudication clause."
Are you trading with consumers? Complying with the new ADR Regulations (part 2)
Elizabeth Repper, barrister, Keating Chambers
"...the Regulations are complex to navigate and... require a reader to overlay two lengthy documents in order to work out their rights and obligations."
It is not a matter of "if" but "when": cyber security in the construction industry
Matthew Heywood, partner, Osborne Clarke
"When a cyber-breach is discovered, the actions taken in the immediate aftermath can have dramatic and far-reaching effects. Getting the response right from the start can effectively minimise the damage..."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do you have a form of bond for tenant's fit-out and structural works under a licence to alter?
- Is an appointment for front-end engineering design (FEED) services a construction contract?
- Can a homeowner claim against his builder for structural damage eight years later?
- How do you enforce a party wall award?
- Does the termination of a framework agreement automatically terminate contracts made under it?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- Green Deal in trouble: government withdraws support for Green Deal Finance Company
- High Court ruling on remedy following finding that local authority made errors in tender evaluation
- PLC Magazine August 2015: construction-related items
- CAT further extends stay in Lafarge Tarmac and Hope Construction Materials appeals
- Joint names CAR insurance does not automatically displace contractual liability (Outer House, Court of Session)
Sweet & Maxwell's 9th annual Construction Law Conference will be held in London on 8 October 2015. Delivered in partnership with Keating Chambers, the conference will ensure you can develop your practice across all key construction areas.
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.