Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
If you throw enough jurisdictional and natural justice mud, will some of it stick?
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"Kingswood's mud throwing exercise, while admirable, is likely to turn out to be quite a costly exercise for it."
Emerging principals? Implementing CDM 2015
Iain Suttie, associate director, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"It's early days, but are there any patterns emerging as to how the new Regulations will be implemented?"
Hedging your bets in adjudicator nomination doesn't pay
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"Here the parties appeared reluctant to commit themselves... As a result, everyone incurred time and costs over what, ultimately, was a wasted adjudication."
March 2015 digest: adjudication, CDM 2015 and an election
Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
"Writing laws is easy, but governing is difficult."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Should an employer be required to mitigate its loss when claiming liquidated damages?
- How do I cover design obligations using a novation?
- What is the measure of damages for defective work to a new home?
- Does the CDM 2015 "mineral resource" exclusion mean the CDM 2015 don't apply to landfill gas extraction?
- Can my client stop works to a party wall?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- CDM 2015: JCT Amendment 1: Schedules of amendments updated
- Practical Law Roundtable Workshop: Liquidated damages at a turning point?
- Practice Direction on pre-action conduct and protocols: what you need to know
- Guidance on the electronic working TCC pilot practice direction
- Natural justice in adjudication
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.