Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
International arbitration: East or West of Java?
Partner, Carol Mulcahy: "What are the factors that influence parties for or against a particular venue? Berwin Leighton Paisner's fourth annual arbitration survey asked arbitration users...."
Decision day negotiations – it's never too late to settle
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd: "...up until a couple of weeks ago I'd never had a dispute settle after the response was issued."
Personal liability, contractual liability, tortious liability: what's the difference?
Partner, Shy Jackson: "Can designers rest easy? The claim failed on the facts but the judgment does make a few suggestions as to when such liability could arise. The dividing line is perhaps not as clear as it could be."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do you produce a short form construction contract for the construction of roads?
- Does the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 apply to private roads and estates?
- What is a knock-for-knock agreement?
- What is the effect of an architect's certificate in a residential property transaction?
- Can I claim liquidated damages and ask for specific performance?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
- International arbitration, settling during adjudication and CPR 7.7
- Right to adjudicate not granted by Third Party Rights Act 1999
- First decision on FIDIC Dispute Adjudication Boards (Swiss Supreme Court)
- Advance payments, liquidated damages and loss of profit under memorandum of agreement
- Cabinet Office consults on transposition of new EU procurement directives
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of the 2011 suite of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Sweet & Maxwell are pleased to announce the date of the 8th annual Construction Law Conference 2014. Following the extremely well received 2013 conference expert construction speakers from Keating Chambers will be back on the 9th October to provide useable updates on practice and procedure for construction law professionals. Following the Keynote Address there will the usual mix of essential updates and best practice to ensure all delegates are provided with the very best strategies to face the coming challenges for 2014 and 2015.