Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Mediation, DABs and ADR in the Middle East (part two)
Helen Turner, associate, Pinsent Masons LLP
"There are indications in the construction market that alternatives to lengthy arbitrations and court-based litigation are being considered."
Adjudication is suitable for disputes little and large
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"No doubt some commentators will get somewhat vexed about these costs and claim that it demonstrates that enforcing adjudicators' decisions is too expensive."
February 2015 digest: CDM 2015 and public procurement
Practical Law Construction
"For winter’s rains and ruins are over and all the season of snows and sins… And in green underwood and cover, blossom by blossom the spring begins"
Practical Law's breakfast round table on adjudicator nomination
Michelle Rousell, editor, Practical Law Construction
"While Chatham House rules do not permit me to reveal all that was said, what I can tell you is how enjoyable the session was."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Should I refer to a set off or counterclaim (or both) in my defence?
- What can a building owner do if the adjoining owner refuses to pay expenses under a party wall award?
- Might the building regulations affect an internal reconfiguration of a property?
- What is the best "reasonable skill and care" wording for a contractor?
- How do you address a confusion about whether a JCT building contract includes sectional completion?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- New and updated BIM practice notes
- Increases in court fees to enter into force on Monday 9 March 2015
- Adjudication enforcement and Middle East ADR
- Updated content: Public procurement in the UK practice note
- Public Sector opinion blogs: Restoring viability to city centre regeneration? Enter Pressetext and public procurement legislation and policy review (December 2014 - February 2015)
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
The planning law conference is back and, with the general elections looming just over the hill, is well placed to provide planning professionals with insightful and practical know-how, but also a glimpse of what might be on the political agenda for planning.