Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
"But it's not fair..." "Now, now, don't be silly"
Jessica Stephens, barrister, 4 Pump Court
"Affinity's swathes of complaints were dealt with robustly by the adjudicator and found no favour with HHJ Raeside QC on enforcement."
From the ground up: managing ground condition risk in the Middle East
Paul Prescott, legal director, and Gabriel Olufemi, solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP
"Ultimately it is in the interests of all parties to construction contracts to consider a balanced risk allocation in relation to adverse ground conditions."
More thoughts on adjudication in Ireland
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"It has been suggested that adjudication there may fall under the statutory umbrella and that adjudicators may be open to judicial review and the Wednesbury unreasonableness test."
Design defects in offshore wind turbines: it's an ill wind...
John Hughes-D'Aeth, partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"If Højgaard A/S v E.On teaches us anything, it is surely that lawyers should be more vocal in asking to review the so-called technical documents that will form part of the eventual contract."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is tree cutting subject to the Construction Act 1996?
- What is the limitation period where there is an adjudicator's decision on the dispute?
- How does 30 day payment under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 relate to the Construction Act 1996?
- Do I need a separate contract dealing with the CDM 2015?
- Is a contract to supply and install electronic advertising boards a construction contract?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.