Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
The wrong side of the tracks: indemnities and asset protection agreements
Senior associate, Adriano Amorese: "A client of mine (I'll call him Mr Bump) is procuring a large construction project in west London, adjacent to assets that are owned and operated by a major statutory undertaker (Mr Worry)."
Multiple contracts or one contract that was varied? Adjudicators beware of the difference
Director, Matt Molloy: "One element of Viridis v Mulalley that I found particularly interesting was that the court did not look at the Fiona Trust elements of Air Design v Deerglen."
Arbitrations, agreements and alternative arguments
Senior associate, Craig Macphee: "The TCC's decision in The Secretary of State for Defence v Turner Estate Solutions Ltd provides yet another example of the courts refusing to interfere with the arbitration process and disturb an arbitral tribunal's award."
Limitation and extensions of time for service in a post-Mitchell world
Barrister, Richard Osborne, 4 Pump Court: "The recent TCC decision in Lincolnshire County Council v Mouchel Business Services has re-enforced the courts' lack of sympathy for claimants who fail to progress their claim expeditiously."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a local authority be liable for failing to ensure the safety of a building it does not own?
- Can a contract administrator issue an instruction under clause 2.13 of the JCT IC 2011 after practical completion?
- What is the date for payment when an interim certificate is overturned by an arbitrator's award?
- What happens to the retention on sale of a property during the rectification period?
- What's the difference between a "collateral warranty" and a "collateral contract"?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
We work with law firms and industry to deliver our materials, including our:
- New practice note on project bonds
- Multiple contracts and extending time for service
- Limitation in tort of negligence and no trust on failed assignment (TCC)
- Liability for professional negligence requires evidence of breach and causation of loss
- Mesothelioma Act 2014 (Commencement No 1) Order 2014 published
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.