Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
February 2015 digest: CDM 2015 and public procurement
Practical Law Construction
"For winter’s rains and ruins are over and all the season of snows and sins… And in green underwood and cover, blossom by blossom the spring begins"
Insurance and subrogation
Natalie Wardle, senior associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"Joint names insurance and subrogation can be tricky... so I was relieved to see that the Court of Appeal holds the same view."
Mediation, DABs and ADR in the Middle East (part one)
Helen Turner, associate, Pinsent Masons LLP
"The concept of mediation fits in well within the Middle East, where informal discussions...are common and seen as a way to resolve disputes."
It’s all about how you present your case before the adjudicator
Matt Molloy, director, MCMS Ltd
"[In Broughton Brickwork Ltd v F Parkinson Ltd], F Parkinson argued that... something had gone so seriously wrong that there wasn't rough justice, but no justice at all."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What is the time limit for action against a breach of the Building Regulations?
- Can an adjudication be stayed for arbitration?
- What can a homeowner do if works do not comply with building regulations despite a completion certificate?
- Is a JCT advance payment bond an on demand bond?
- Why would a responding party object to an adjudicator's appointment?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- February 2015 digest: CDM 2015 and public procurement
- PLC Magazine February 2015: construction-related items
- Crown Commercial Service guidance on new transparency requirements for publishing on Contracts Finder
- Court considers whether to remit or set aside award on section 68(2)(d) challenge (TCC)
- Clarity before the adjudicator, ADR in the Middle East and subrogation
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
The planning law conference is back and, with the general elections looming just over the hill, is well placed to provide planning professionals with insightful and practical know-how, but also a glimpse of what might be on the political agenda for planning.