Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
The World Cup may be over, but should losing your key players always lead to penalties?
Senior associate, Katy Saunders: "Bluewater Energy Services BV v Mercon Steel Structures BV and others... raises some interesting questions. One example that caught my eye was the analysis of liquidated damages levied for the replacement or removal of key personnel."
TCC offers guidance for project monitoring surveyors
Director, Jonathan Cope: "This is a salutatory lesson... on the importance of getting vesting certificates right, and not feeling pressurised into certifying materials where ownership has not clearly passed between the parties."
Personal liability, contractual liability, tortious liability: what's the difference?
Partner, Shy Jackson: "Can designers rest easy? The claim failed on the facts but the judgment does make a few suggestions as to when such liability could arise. The dividing line is perhaps not as clear as it could be."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a sub-contractor be deemed the main contractor's agent?
- Should my client send a pre-action protocol letter for an unpaid debt?
- Does an architect have a duty to provide an economic design?
- Does the Construction and Engineering Pre-action Protocol apply to a debt claim?
- Can a party withhold the practical completion certificate if latent defects are discovered?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
- LCIA formally adopts new arbitration rules
- Court of Session rejects arguments that adjudicator's decision is defective and enforces it
- Views sought on changes to negligence claims in Social Action, Responsibility and Heroism Bill
- Equator Principles Implementation Note published
- Project monitoring surveyors
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of the 2011 suite of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Autumn 2014, London.
We are delighted to announce the return of Practical Law’s Energy Law Forum providing a platform for legal and compliance professionals in the energy industry.
This year’s practice-driven summit will give you an excellent opportunity to network with the best of the Energy Law sector and enable you to assess the latest legal developments from a practical business perspective.
Register your interest today.