Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Is cost management by the courts working?
Associate director and head of LDR knowhow, Claire McNamara: "Initially, I regarded myself as a supporter of cost management... but I offer some thoughts on why I may be falling into the dissenter's camp."
Solicitor's undertaking to ensure payment of adjudicator's fees
Director, Matt Molloy: "This judgment may be a sign that we are moving to a position where either party will be reluctant to pay the adjudicator's fees just in case the court holds that the adjudicator erred in some way."
Can a third party use adjudication?
Trainee solicitor, Alasdair Blackshaw: "...it would be unusual to see an express power to adjudicate included in the provisions granted to third parties under construction contracts."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Should a landlord disclose to an incoming tenant the existence of a party wall notice?
- Can my client's buyer rely on a site investigation report that is more than 12 years old?
- Does an early warning notice count as a compensation event notice under NEC3?
- Do you have a precedent for assigning architects drawings and an environmental report?
- Do you have a standard form of construction sub-contract?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
We work with law firms and industry to deliver our materials, including our:
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.