Contracts and professional appointments
- Building contracts and contractors
- Engineering contracts
- General contract and boilerplate
- International construction contracts
- Professional appointments and liabilities
Mediation, DABs and ADR in the Middle East (part two)
Helen Turner, associate, Pinsent Masons LLP
"There are indications in the construction market that alternatives to lengthy arbitrations and court-based litigation are being considered."
Adjudication is suitable for disputes little and large
Jonathan Cope, director, MCMS Ltd
"No doubt some commentators will get somewhat vexed about these costs and claim that it demonstrates that enforcing adjudicators' decisions is too expensive."
February 2015 digest: CDM 2015 and public procurement
Practical Law Construction
"For winter’s rains and ruins are over and all the season of snows and sins… And in green underwood and cover, blossom by blossom the spring begins"
Insurance and subrogation
Natalie Wardle, senior associate, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
"Joint names insurance and subrogation can be tricky... so I was relieved to see that the Court of Appeal holds the same view."
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What risks arise where the employer is in Administration?
- What is the effect of a fitness for purpose obligation?
- Can a final account application also be a party's default payment notice?
- When might a notice relating to the payment machinery under a construction contract be invalid?
- What is the interaction between a limit of liability and a guarantee and indemnity clause in a parent company guarantee?
For a Q&A guide to construction and projects law and developments in key jurisdictions, see Construction and projects multi-jurisdictional guide.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
For specimen copies of the JCT contracts and guidance notes, see:
- Adjudication enforcement and Middle East ADR
- Public Sector opinion blogs: Restoring viability to city centre regeneration? Enter Pressetext and public procurement legislation and policy review (December 2014 - February 2015)
- Adjudication enforcement partially stayed due to "manifest injustice" to employer (TCC)
- Government outlines plan for BIM level 3
- High Court allows Council to proceed with award of new contract following challenge by incumbent NHS Trust supplier
Alongside our specialist know-how, subscribers can now access specimen copies of JCT contracts on Practical Law. See our JCT contracts toolkit.
Our Ask forum now includes Construction queries. See what your peers have asked, view our replies and join the discussion.