- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Share buybacks: what happens to treasury shares bought back under section 692(1)(b)?
- Reduction of capital: how can a public company without any distributable reserves utilise its share premium account in order to declare dividends?
- Treasury shares: can an AIM company sell its treasury shares at a discount to their nominal value?
- Reduction of capital: can a reduction of capital be used to create a reserve to pay up redeemable preference shares?
- Share buybacks: when repurchasing shares out of capital, does the company have to pay for any premium on those shares out of distributable profits?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
An article reviewing the European IPO market and considering the trends in recent market practice.
An article looking at the significant changes to UK accounting standards.
Guidance on directors' remuneration reporting
Trends and highlights from 2014
Key corporate aspects of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
- UKLA guidance notes: Primary Market Bulletin No 11
- Accounting Directive: Companies, Partnerships and Groups (Accounts and Reports) Regulations 2015
- Deregulation Bill: Royal Assent and publication of Act (corporate aspects)
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill: Royal Assent and publication of Act
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: Royal Assent and publication
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Practical Law’s free 2015 Budget Summary is available NOW! Providing you with all the key points, reaction and analysis to the 2015 Budget Statement delivered on the 18th March 2015.