- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Inside information: would a sale of a 20% holding amount to inside information?
- What are the obligations to report on greenhouse gas emissions following a merger of two companies?
- DTR 5: where a custodian (who has discretion to vote) has transferred the shares of a benefical owner to a sub-custodian, who has a notification obligation under DTR 5?
- Do you have a summary of provisions under the Companies Act 2006 which, under the transitional provisions, do not apply automatically to companies incorporated under the Companies Act 1985?
- Share buybacks: where a departing shareholder transfers his shares to the company in accordance with the articles, does this amount to an off-market buyback that is not in writing?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Annual reporting and AGMs 2014: What's Market practice?
An article looking at the significant changes to UK accounting standards.
Guidance on directors' remuneration reporting
Trends and highlights from 2014
Key corporate aspects of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Bill
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
- What's Market: deals added 10 January 2015 - 23 January 2015
- ISDX Growth Market: consultation on proposed changes to Rules for Issuers and Corporate Adviser Handbook
- FTC Revises Thresholds for HSR Act Filings and Interlocking Directorates Violations
- High Court holds that indemnity claims were not subject to an implied term of accuracy
- Listing Rules: FCA final notice for breaches of LRs and DTRs
The new homepage provides easy access to topics such as corporate transactions, equity and debt markets and AGMs, as well as a new deal type Aim Rules: Reverse takeovers.