- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2015
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Reduction of share capital: is it necessary to specifically refer to a reduction of the share premium account or is it sufficient to refer to a reduction/cancellation of shares?
- Company formation: what are the standard memorandum and articles of association that apply on the incorporation of a company? Can a company be registered without either of these documents?
- Resolutions: What form should the resolution proposed at a meeting convened under section 656 of the CA 2006 take?
- Trading disclosures: if a large number of companies are registered at one office, is it necessary to display the registered name of all companies at that office?
- Reduction of capital: what if not approved by all shareholders in a class?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the Market Abuse Regulation.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the requirements for companies and LLPs to create and maintain a register of people with significant control.
Trends and highlights from first half of 2016.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: new slavery and human trafficking statement to be published by large organisations from March 2016.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- Third country auditors: further Commission equivalence decision
- Executive remuneration: Working Group's final report
- MAR: FCA updated statement on closed periods
- Trading vehicles: OTS discussion paper on Sole Enterprise with Protected Assets proposal
- OTS publishes discussion paper on look-through taxation for small companies
Goode offers clear, in depth and succinct answers to issues arising from monetary obligations. It covers a range of familiar challenges you might encounter by rigorous analysis of underlying legal principles and provides you with an array of effective solutions.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.