- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2015
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Allotment of shares: what is the position where a company has issued shares in excess of its authorised share capital?
- Overseas companies: does an overseas company with a registered branch in England that wishes to relocate its branch to Edinburgh need to close the registered branch in England and open a registered branch in Scotland?
- Class rights: what rights are attached to a company's different classes of share, if the articles do not specify any rights?
- Conversion of shares: can redeemable preference shares be converted into preferred ordinary shares and, if so, what is the procedure to effect this?
- Distributions in specie: is shareholder approval required for a distribution in specie, even where the value of the distribution is treated as zero by virtue of section 845 of the Companies Act 2006?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
Includes trends from 2015 and predictions for 2016.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
A selection of articles on the key changes for companies operating in Ireland.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Viability statement: new disclosures required in annual reports from September 2015.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: new slavery and human trafficking statement to be published by large organisations from March 2016.
- Market Abuse Regulation: new regime takes effect from 3 July 2016.
- Prospectus Directive: proposed amendments to be announced in early 2016.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected late 2015/early 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- New legislation tracker: Prospectus Regulation
- FCA Handbook: Listing Rules and Disclosure and Transparency Rules (Miscellaneous Amendments) Instrument 2016 (FCA 2016/6)
- What's Market: deals added 16 January 2016 - 29 January 2016
- US corporate content: January 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: February 2016
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.