- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Unincorporated associations: incorporating the association: does each member of the association have to consent to become a member of the new company?
- Share buybacks: are there any instances when a listed company may be restricted from buying back its shares when it has an approved buy back programme in place?
- Does the ostensible authority of the company secretary permit the signing of shareholder resolutions on behalf of the company?
- Company meetings: can a nominee shareholder vote shares for and against a resolution?
- Strike-offs: Can a reduction of capital be undertaken within 3 months of the application being made?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
Feature article examining trends in secondary offerings in the UK.
Trends and highlights from the first half of 2015.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Viability statement: new disclosures required in annual reports from September 2015.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: new slavery and human trafficking statement to be published by large organisations, expected from October 2015.
- Market Abuse Regulation: new regime takes effect from 3 July 2016.
- Prospectus Directive: proposed amendments to be announced in early 2016.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected late 2015/early 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- Corporate governance: FRC project on corporate culture and the role of boards
- What's Market: launch of coverage of cross-border mergers
- What's Market: deals added 19 September 2015 - 2 October 2015
- Deregulation Act 2015: commencement and transitional and saving provisions (corporate aspects)
- US corporate content: September 2015
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.