- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2015
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Financial and narrative reporting: must a company lay its annual accounts before the company in general meeting before they are filed at Companies House?
- Share buybacks: can a company repurchase its own shares for nil consideration?
- Who is responsible for maintaining a PSC register once the company has entered liquidation?
- Powers of attorney: will the grant of a subsequent ordinary power of attorney automatically revoke an earlier power or should this be expressly revoked?
- Treasury shares: where a company wishes to hold its shares in treasury, is it sufficient for the departing shareholder to simply sign a stock transfer form in favour of the company?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
A suite of new resources on the requirements of the PSC regime that come into force on 6 April 2016.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
A selection of articles on the key changes for companies operating in Ireland.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: new slavery and human trafficking statement to be published by large organisations from March 2016.
- Market Abuse Regulation: new regime takes effect from 3 July 2016.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- MAR: FCA position on closed periods
- FCA draft notification forms and new webpage relating to delayed disclosure of inside information and PDMR transactions under MAR
- Board minutes: ICSA consultation on the practice of minuting meetings
- Financial reporting: FRC FAQs on ESMA guidelines on alternative performance measures
- Statutory audit: revised draft Statutory Auditors and Third Country Auditors Regulations 2016
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.