- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2015
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Written resolutions: can whether a written resolution is passed be determined by reference to the voting rights of eligible members who vote on the resolution?
- Allotment of shares: if bonus shares are allotted pursuant to an EMI share option agreement, must the directors be authorised under section 551 of the Companies Act 2006?
- Share buybacks: where a public company cancels its own shares (acquired for nil consideration) under section 662, what formalities does it need to comply with?
- Transfer of shares: how can a nominee shareholder transfer shares to a different nominee?
- Distributions: where a company declares a dividend to a Newco, can Newco itself use the cash it receives to declare dividends?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the Market Abuse Regulation.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the requirements for companies and LLPs to create and maintain a register of people with significant control.
Trends and highlights from first half of 2016.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- MAR: ESMA official translations of guidelines on market soundings and on the delayed disclosure of inside information
- What's Market: deals added 8 October 2016 – 21 October 2016
- Practical Law breakfast briefing on how AIM companies are dealing with MAR: 9 December 2016
- Equity capital markets: FCA final report on investment and corporate banking market study
- Questions for counsel: Professor Andrew Keay
Goode offers clear, in depth and succinct answers to issues arising from monetary obligations. It covers a range of familiar challenges you might encounter by rigorous analysis of underlying legal principles and provides you with an array of effective solutions.
Following the success of last year’s event the M&A Conference is back for its second year in November. The website is now live, please click here to view the most up to date information including the agenda and speakers. Book your place now to ensure you get a discounted price.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.