- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2017
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Case tracker
- Financial and narrative reporting: key developments tracker
- Corporate governance: key developments tracker
- Partnerships and LLPs: key developments tracker
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Bonus issues: where a company's articles provide that dividends must be paid to all three classes of its shares as if they were shares of the same class, would a bonus issue have to be made to all three classes of shares?
- Directors: may an attorney appointed by way of Lasting Power of Attorney exercise the donor's powers as director?
- Dividends in specie: if an asset is sold at book value, what is the consideration? If the outstanding consideration is waived, does this amount to a further distribution?
- Articles of association: will a reduction in share premium account constitute a return of capital that is subject to the liquidation preference?
- PSC register: must a company note an application to prohibit disclosure of protected or secured information in its PSC register?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Key trends from the 2016 reporting and AGM season.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the Market Abuse Regulation.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the requirements for companies and LLPs to create and maintain a register of people with significant control.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- Distributions: Companies Act 2006 (Distributions of Insurance Companies) Regulations 2016
- Private equity: PERG ninth report on conformity with Walker Guidelines
- Societas Europaea: whether SE may be formed by merger with shell company (High Court)
- Duty to report on payment practices and performance: government response and revised draft regulations
- DTR: FCA Quarterly Consultation No 15 (corporate aspects)
Goode offers clear, in depth and succinct answers to issues arising from monetary obligations. It covers a range of familiar challenges you might encounter by rigorous analysis of underlying legal principles and provides you with an array of effective solutions.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.