- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Share capital: can a beneficial owner be named on a share certificate? Can an English limited partnership be the beneficial owner of shares?
- Is there an express power in your master will allowing PRs to run a deceased's company and what issues arise when they wish to exercise this power?
- Share buybacks and reductions of capital: can either be used to return value? Why choose one over the other?
- Shareholders' agreements: is a clause valid and enforceable if it restricts a shareholder's voting rights and powers?
- How is a Liechtenstein foundation treated for UK tax purposes?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
Key trends from the 2015 reporting and AGM season.
This article considers the key regulatory issues on a reverse takeover.
This article explains the new regime relating to the audit tender process and the mandatory rotation of auditors.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Viability statement: new disclosures required in annual reports from September 2015.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: new slavery and human trafficking statement to be published by large organisations from March 2016.
- Market Abuse Regulation: new regime takes effect from 3 July 2016.
- Prospectus Directive: proposed amendments to be announced in early 2016.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected late 2015/early 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- Financial reporting: FRC review of companies' tax reporting
- US corporate content: November 2015
- Prospectus Directive: Commission delegated regulation on regulatory technical standards under Omnibus II Directive
- Prospectus Directive: Commission proposal for a new Prospectus Regulation
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: December 2015
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.