- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2015
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Share buybacks: what are the consequences of a company buying back its shares out of capital without following the correct statutory procedure and what can be done to remedy the situation?
- Revaluation reserve: does a negative revaluation reserve need to be taken into account when determining distributable profits or can it be treated as an unrealised loss and not be off-set against realised profits?
- Share certificates: what date should be included in a share certificate?
- Share buybacks: where a company purchases shares out of capital pursuant to an employees' share scheme, how does the time limit for the surrender of the shares relate to the effective date of the resolution?
- Written resolutions: if the company fails to circulate a written resolution proposed by members, and the members circulate and pass the resolution, would section 293(7) of the CA 2006 make the resolution valid?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the Market Abuse Regulation.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the requirements for companies and LLPs to create and maintain a register of people with significant control.
Trends and highlights from first half of 2016.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- What's Market: deals added 13 August 2016 - 26 August 2016
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: government statement on duty to report payment practices
- MAR: CLLS and Law Society second Q&A
- Directors' remuneration: revised GC100 and Investor Group directors' remuneration reporting guidance
- Dividends: solvency statements, directors' duty to consider interest of creditors, and transactions at an undervalue (High Court)
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
Following the success of last year’s event the M&A Conference is back for its second year in November. The website is now live, please click here to view the most up to date information including the agenda and speakers. Book your place now to ensure you get a discounted price.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.