- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2015
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Dividends: can a company pay a dividend to a former shareholder who has transferred its share in the management company and interest in a leasehold property?
- Do you have any resources on the conversion of an LLP to a limited company?
- Share buybacks: does a small company that is exempt from audit under the CA 2006 still need to provide an auditor's report when buying back shares out of capital?
- Share buybacks: can a company approve an agreed form of share buyback contract, with a price to be determined by the directors, without needing separate shareholder approval for each contract?
- Company meetings and administration: is a court order required to correct an error in the company's register of members?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
A suite of new resources on the requirements of the PSC regime that come into force on 6 April 2016.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Insights into the UK shareholder voting process.
A selection of articles on the key changes for companies operating in Ireland.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Modern Slavery Act 2015: new slavery and human trafficking statement to be published by large organisations from March 2016.
- Market Abuse Regulation: new regime takes effect from 3 July 2016.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- Questions for counsel: Ten Old Square
- Questions for counsel: 4 Stone Buildings
- Market abuse: FCA policy statement on the implementation of the Market Abuse Regulation (corporate aspects)
- Statutory audit: revised UK Corporate Governance Code, guidance for audit committees and auditing and ethical standards
- UKLA guidance notes: Primary Market Bulletin No 14 (smaller related party transactions)
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.