- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2017
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Case tracker
- Financial and narrative reporting: key developments tracker
- Corporate governance: key developments tracker
- Partnerships and LLPs: key developments tracker
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- PSC register: is a company required to serve a 790D(2) notice on a government?
- Share premium account: what process should be followed in order to be able to distribute the share premium account?
- Dividends: is it possible to cancel a final dividend and for the funds to be repaid to the company once it has been declared and paid to shareholders?
- Share buybacks: would a share buyback that is subject to completion accounts (and therefore a retention) be void under the CA 2006 as the consideration would not be paid in full at completion?
- Execution of deeds: do you have an execution clause for executing a deed under a foreign power of attorney?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Key trends from the 2016 reporting and AGM season.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the Market Abuse Regulation.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the requirements for companies and LLPs to create and maintain a register of people with significant control.
Top tips on what clients want from law firms.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
Plan for the implementation of key corporate legal developments which will impact companies over the next few years:
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: staggered implementation measures to, among other things, increase transparency from May 2015.
- Prospectus Directive: proposal for new Prospectus Regulation published in Q4 2015.
- Shareholder Rights Directive: adoption of amending directive expected 2016, implementation mid-2017.
- Capital Markets Union: a single market for raising capital across all member states by 2019.
- Public M&A: Trends and highlights from 2016
- Corporate governance: PLSA Corporate Governance Policy and Voting Guidelines 2017
- Limited partnerships: revised draft legislative reform order on amendments to Limited Partnerships Act 1907 in respect of private investment funds
- Limited partnerships: BEIS call for evidence on review of limited partnership law
- Corporate governance: ICSA and IA propose guidance on board engagement with stakeholders
A guide to Practical Law resources particularly suited to new trainees and new joiners to a corporate team.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.