- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Assuming he beats his Part 36 offer at trial, is a claimant likely to be awarded the "additional amount" of up to £75,000 under CPR 36.17 even though his Part 36 offer was made less than 21 days before trial?
- What is the meaning of the word "cases" in the phrase "cases commenced before 1st April 2013" that's contained in CPR 44.3(7)(a) (which concerns the applicability of the costs proportionality rules)
- If certain relevant documents are already in the possession of both the claimant and the defendant, should they still be disclosed in the list of documents?
- Who takes priority over insurance money where there are competing claims?
- What draft directions are appropriate for a Part 8 claim?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- Independent, impartial and incorruptible: Expert Witness Institute Annual Conference 2016
- Signia Wealth v Marlborough Trust Company: a growing enthusiasm for costs budgeting?
- Whether creditors can use the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 to recover the costs of collecting a debt years after payment
- Costs budgeting: Love it? Hate it? Or is it time you changed your mind?
- Claiming further or other relief: a hard habit to break?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- High Court reconsiders effect on limitation of underpayment of court fee when issuing a claim
- Dispute Resolution blogs to 26 October 2016: Equitable remedies, payment of appropriate fees, and CPRC snippets
- High Court grants permission to enforce costs order in representative proceedings
- The Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 made: in force on 6 April 2017
- New practice note: Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016: what we are producing for you
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, this book answers questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.