- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- If a money judgment states that payment should be made "forthwith", when can we embark on enforcement?
- If a claimant applies for default judgment as an alternative to filing a request, can costs be summarily assessed?
- I have obtained a money judgment in the CCBC. To which hearing centre do I apply for an order requiring the debtor to attend court for questioning under CPR 71?
- The court has ordered the other side to pay my client's costs, yet the order doesn't mention the costs having to be assessed. Is my client therefore entitled to recover even unreasonably incurred and disproportionate costs?
- A notice of enforcement was delivered to the home of a director of the debtor company. Will this be effective under the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
Daily court lists
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- Discretion to disapply the limitation period in personal injury claims (Court of Appeal)
- CIC publishes 2017 users' guide to adjudication
- Relief from sanctions: lenient approach in relation to serious and significant breach (High Court)
- Defendant's conduct leads court to propose early disclosure instead of non-party disclosure (High Court)
- No lifting of the embargo on disclosing a draft judgment under Practice Direction 40E (Court of Appeal)
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, this book answers questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.