- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does an interim costs award made by the Court of Appeal carry interest?
- Where a claimant accepts a defendant's Part 36 offer after the expiry of the relevant period, can the defendant's costs for the period after the end of the RP to the date of acceptance be offset against the amount of the Part 36 offer?
- How do I issue proceedings for breach of contract against a charity?
- When are County Court and High Court judgments exempt from registration in the Register of Judgments?
- Should parties file and exchange costs budgets in appeal proceedings?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
Daily court lists
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- Disputing the jurisdiction of the English court
- Electronic working in the UK courts
- Injunctions: an overview
- Consent orders and judgments
- Checklist of incurred and potential work to assist in preparing a costs budget
- Documents to be filed at court in civil litigation proceedings: checklist
- Fixed costs and Part 36
- Contracts: agreed remedies
- Court of Appeal confirms no near miss rule for Part 36 offers and overturns costs order penalising for exaggeration
- Jackson LJ considers time is ripe to establish CLAF
- Drafting mistake relating to introduction of LPI could be rectified on summary judgment (High Court)
- Construction blogs: specific implement, mediation and payment
- Importance of including all elements required under s.32 of Limitation Act 1980 in pleading (High Court)
Standard across the legal market, more judges and lawyers use the White Book than anything else. Why? Not only for the latest version of the rules, but also for the commentary provided by those best placed to advise you on what to do, so you can advise your client on what to do.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.