- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What are the "special circumstances" referred to in section 70(3) of the Solicitors Act 1974, and has the court ever allowed a client to challenge a bill more than 12 months after delivery?
- Having agreed with the claimant that the parties must not disclose any documents created before 1 Jan 2013, must the defendant disclose a document created in 2012 that's very harmful to the defendant's case?
- Can a Calderbank offer that's stated to be open for 21-days be withdrawn before the end of the 21-day period?
- Is it mandatory to submit a defence prior to submitting a strike out application in a claim issued in the County Court Business Centre?
- Can we refuse to disclose an ATE policy to excess ATE insurers on grounds of privilege?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
Daily court lists
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- Dispute Resolution blog to 27 July 2016: predictive coding and County Court Legal Advisers Pilot Scheme
- Briggs LJ's Civil Courts Structure Review: Final Report and recommendations
- Uncorrected error in worldwide freezing order substantially invalidates committal proceedings (High Court)
- Valuation method of assessment was appropriate to determine damages for deceit (Court of Appeal)
- Construction blogs: bias, direct payments and alliance contracting
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, this book answers questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.