- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is it possible to serve documents within the precincts of the court?
- I signed an agreement after the other party persuaded me to do so by telling me what I now realise was a misleading half-truth. Can such a half-truth constitute a misrepresentation under contract law?
- The claimant company's full name is not stated on its claim form that has just been served on me. By mistake, the claimant's solicitor has left off the word "Limited" from the end of the claimant's name. What should I do?
- What is the deadline for filing and serving a respondent's skeleton argument for a County Court appeal where no respondent's notice is filed?
- If the notice of commencement is served unsigned, are the detailed assessment proceedings valid and effective? And what happens if there is no "indemnity principle" certificate?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
Daily court lists
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- New standard documents: statutory demand and winding-up petition for use from 6 April 2017
- Dispute Resolution blog to 29 March 2017: special circumstances for detailed assessment, fixed recoverable costs, and dispute resolution clauses post-Brexit
- Commercial Court awards nominal damages in $2 billion claim
- HMCTS revises schedule of standard insolvency court forms for use from 6 April 2017
- Consumer groups call for UK government to take steps to safeguard interests of UK consumers post-Brexit
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on civil procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book.
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, The Costs and Funding Q & A book answers questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.