- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can you please explain the effect of the Recast Brussels Regulation on the service out rules and the first seised rule (lis pendens) where there is an English exclusive jurisdiction clause?
- Is a fraud claim automatically allocated to the multi-track?
- Can the court take a defendant's Part 36 offer into account when awarding costs if the offer was not accepted and the claim was struck out?
- Do I need to disclose documents in response to a letter before claim if I believe the claim is without merit?
- When should a witness statement be served in response to a pre-action disclosure application?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Daily court lists
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- ECJ rules on jurisdiction over copyright infringement claim relating to photos posted online
- High Court stays English proceedings because of Australian jurisdiction clause
- Retrospective alternative service permitted where substantive limitation period had not expired (Commercial Court)
- Appellate court will not "tinker" with costs budgets (High Court)
- Costs of injunction preventing breach of party wall award (TCC)
11 February, London: Get practical tips on instructing experts in this free seminar from Practical Law and Stephenson Harwood.