- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is a simple consent order or judgment for the payment of money registrable in the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines?
- Can a defendant facing a number of similar claims in the same court (by different claimants) respond to them all with a single defence?
- Should I ask my opponent to clarify his badly drafted unclear Part 36 offer?
- What is the procedure for filing a defence and counterclaim in proceedings issued through Money Claim Online (MCOL)?
- Does the other side's recent purported acceptance of a (non-time limited) settlement offer made several years ago by my client mean there is now a binding settlement agreement in place?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- Monde Petroleum SA v Westernzagros Ltd: termination provisions and good faith in contracts
- What to expect when you’re expecting: court reforms, CPR and Brexit
- A plunge into the hot tub: Civil Justice Council report on concurrent expert evidence
- The County Court Legal Advisers Pilot Scheme: judicial triage in action
- Predictive coding: the current landscape
Daily court lists
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- Master dismisses paying party's objections regarding assigned CFA (Senior Courts Costs Office)
- Should £13 million claim be subject to costs management? (High Court)
- High Court considers strike out application after parties dispute settlement terms
- Four convicted of contempt of court over fraudulent whiplash claims (High Court)
- Construction blogs: insolvency and adjudication costs
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, this book answers questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.