- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- If the claimant goes into liquidation, is the limitation period for a debt claim extended?
- Is there a prescribed minimum period for which the court must keep audio recordings of hearings?
- Does the definition of company in the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 extend to an LLP?
- What is the date for converting insurance monies from one currency into another?
- Is it necessary to apply to court to revise a costs budget when the other side will not agree the revisions?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- An interview with Mr Justice Birss: part 3/3: crystal-ball gazing
- To notify or not to notify: the impact of contact terms on common law rights to terminate
- Contingency fees: rare High Court guidance with implications for DBAs?
- Charging orders and attachment of earnings: all change…or is it?
- Mind the gap! E Surv Ltd v Goldsmith Williams Solicitors, the continuing prevalence of the Bowerman duty and evidential difficulties under the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978
Daily court lists
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- Disputing the jurisdiction of the English court
- Electronic working in the UK courts
- Injunctions: an overview
- Consent orders and judgments
- Checklist of incurred and potential work to assist in preparing a costs budget
- Documents to be filed at court in civil litigation proceedings: checklist
- Fixed costs and Part 36
- Contracts: agreed remedies
- Construction blogs: termination and severance
- Strong warning against pleading in general terms in GLO claim (Court of Appeal)
- Clause may be penalty despite limited impact on contract breaker (High Court)
- Dispute Resolution blogs to 27 April 2016: contract termination, part three of Birss J interview and costs budgeting
- Criticism for taking point about service of copy claim form (County Court)
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, this book sets out to answer questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.