- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- CPR tracker
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct regime require the claim form to state whether both parties have complied?
- If we become aware that the defendants' addresses on our un-served claim form are now out of date, do we need to amend the claim form?
- If a statement of truth on a claim form is signed by the wrong person, can we apply to strike out the claim form?
- Should a letter before claim include pre-action protocol information when the applicant wishes to seek an injunction?
- If a variation of a contract is induced by a misrepresentation, does the prohibition on partial rescission require the whole contract to be rescinded rather than only the variation?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- Judge revisits his decision on disapplying Foreign Limitation Periods Act 1984 (High Court)
- The Civil Procedure (Amendment No 8) Rules 2013 coming into force on 1 January 2014
- Law Commission recommends changes to law on contempt of court by publication
- A reminder of the strictness of the automatic disqualification rule on recusal (High Court)
- Need to consider who is a party to a preliminary issue when determining costs (High Court)
Practical Law's new Family service has launched providing essential know-how for family law practitioners.
An update on reporting issues, directors' remuneration and enforcement activity at the FCA. 19 November 2013. London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square Hotel.