- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- My client is facing action for repayment of an overdraft on a joint bank account, but she didn't benefit from the funds. What can she do?
- Can fees paid to insurance brokers be recovered as damages for breach of contract?
- When does a cause of action in contract accrue if there are multiple breaches?
- If a claimant company is dissolved or struck off, what is the status of the proceedings?
- Does an interim costs award made by the Court of Appeal carry interest?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- Should only litigants who love uncertainty make a Part 36 offer in appeal proceedings?
- Deutsche Bank v Sebastian Holdings: will we see an increase in non-party costs orders?
- Atkins v Co-Operative Group: fresh evidence allowed on appeal
- C&S Associates v Enterprise Insurance: email exchange is sufficient to vary a contract
- Our modern judiciary: advocates for the court
Daily court lists
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- Disputing the jurisdiction of the English court
- Electronic working in the UK courts
- Injunctions: an overview
- Consent orders and judgments
- Checklist of incurred and potential work to assist in preparing a costs budget
- Documents to be filed at court in civil litigation proceedings: checklist
- Fixed costs and Part 36
- Contracts: agreed remedies
- New article: Brexit: potential implications for contracts and disputes
- Committal proceedings: procedural and substantive guidance (High Court)
- Practical Law Dispute Resolution blog to 10 February 2016: Part 36 and uncertainty, and forum non conveniens
- No implied retainer, but solicitors owed limited duty of care to third parties (High Court)
- Construction blogs: advising friends, payment notices and arbitration
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.