- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Case studies
- Quick guides
- Precedent statements of case
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 1)
- Resources for those new to dispute resolution (Part 2)
- Civil procedure rules
- Court fees
- Court forms
- Court guides
- Guide to key terms used in the CPR
- CPR tracker
- Civil Procedure Rule Committee meetings
- Case report list
- Other resources and external links
- Litigation tools
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Should I comply with a request from a litigant in person (LiP) on the other side that I correspond direct with one of the members of the LiP's family (who is apparently assisting the LiP)?
- Must manuscript meeting notes be disclosed even though, shortly after the meeting, an attendee produced and circulated a typed meeting note for all the attendees to comment on?
- Before (perhaps well before) the end of the trial, is a party required to notify his opponent that he is funded by a BTE (before the event) legal expenses insurer?
- Can a prospective claimant resident abroad validly issue an English court claim form?
- Can the court give judgment for a sum of money expressed in a foreign currency?
- Ministry of Justice
- Civil Procedure Rules online
- The Supreme Court
- The Law Commission
- High Court and Court of Appeal Term Dates
- Bank of England: Statistical Interactive Database: official Bank Rate History
- SRA Handbook
- SRA professional ethics helpline
- The Law Society: Practice Advice Service
- Bar Standards Board: Code of Conduct
Jurisdiction and cross-border
- Association of Costs Lawyers
- 39 Essex Street cost cases online
- Senior Courts Costs Office Guide (formerly the Supreme Court Costs Office Guide)
Daily court lists
Dispute Resolution Blog
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of dispute resolution law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key trackers and guides for dispute resolution lawyers
- The Bar Council suggest Pan EU judgments are vital to the UK economy
- Factual dispute regarding oral contract too complex to resolve on summary judgment application (TCC)
- Court of Appeal confirms jurisdiction of section 375 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Practical Law Dispute Resolution blog to 30 November 2016: Part 36, legal and litigation privilege, and an update on the CJC's work programme
- Anti-suit injunction to restrain assigned claims (English High Court)
The White Book brings you all the latest guidance on Civil Procedure. Trusted for its authority and commentary, it is relied upon by more judges and lawyers than any other court book. Available in print, online at Westlaw UK and as an eBook powered by Thomson Reuters ProView ™
Published in conjunction with Practical Law, this book answers questions posed on topics ranging from funding of litigation, case and costs management and proportionality to settlement offers, QOCS and summary assessment.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.