- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Current rates and limits
- Redundancy ready reckoner
- Books online for employment professionals
- Employee Share Plans Global Guide
- Employment and Employee Benefits Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is a redundant employee who has accepted an alternative role which is not a suitable alternative entitled to statutory redundancy pay?
- Taxation of termination payments: is payment by an employer of an employee's employment tribunal fees taxable?
- Do hours spent travelling outside of a worker's normal working hours count towards salaried hours work?
- Are there any provisions which entitle very small employers to financial support where a pregnant employee has to be suspended on full pay for health and safety reasons?
- Can an employment business charge a temporary worker/consultant a fee for processing their timesheet?
The In-House Employment Lawyers Network provides training, networking and knowledge sharing for lawyers working in-house.
Follow Practical Law Employment on Twitter.
See our note on Bear Scotland, Lock and the other key cases.
Littleton Chambers provides practical tips and advice from recent experiences in the employment tribunals.
Employment law reform
- Zero hours worker: £19,500 for injury to feelings for harassment (ET)
- Costs: employment tribunal awards fees paid by union
- Dismissal of elected Mayor from salaried school post was clear example of SOSR but was unfair (EAT)
- Information and consultation of workers: European Commission launches public consultation on consolidation of three Directives
- Law Society continues campaign against court fee increases
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Try out our newly enhanced automated drafting tool FastDraft. Improvements include a more intuitive look and feel, easier searching and even faster drafting.