- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Current rates and limits
- Redundancy ready reckoner
- Books online for employment professionals
- Employee Share Plans Multi-jurisdictional Guide
- Employment and Employee Benefits Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How do you deal with an opponent who is being dishonest in response to an order for specific disclosure?
- Can an employer offer a service occupancy as a discretionary benefit?
- Can we redeploy some employees in order that they do not TUPE transfer to a new employer?
- Does TUPE apply to transfer a sole trader when the business is sold?
- How should a mother preserve her six weeks' higher-rate SMP if she and her partner want to take shared parental leave?
The In-House Employment Lawyers Network provides training, networking and knowledge sharing for lawyers working in-house.
Follow Practical Law Employment on Twitter.
See our note on Lock and the other key cases.
Employment law reform
- Lack of mutuality of obligation between assignments irrelevant to whether court interpreters were "in employment" for discrimination purposes (EAT)
- Less favourable treatment of fixed-term employee in PHI policy not caused by employer (EAT)
- Costs: employment judge exercised discretion improperly in taking account of claimant's insurance (EAT)
- Employment news round-up for week to 18 September 2014
- Exclusion of union recognition application was not incompatible with Article 11 ECHR (High Court)
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Try out our newly enhanced automated drafting tool FastDraft. Improvements include a more intuitive look and feel, easier searching and even faster drafting.