- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Current rates and limits
- Redundancy ready reckoner
- Books online for employment professionals
- Employee Share Plans Global Guide
- Employment and Employee Benefits Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can an employee request to start her maternity leave after her due date?
- Can an employer offer a job to an external candidate at a higher rate of pay than was offered to an internal candidate?
- Do apprentices have the right to statutory redundancy pay at the end of their apprenticeship?
- Is an employer required to pay an apprentice when they attend college for training?
- How can an employer deal with an employee whom it suspects to have an alcohol problem?
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of employment law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
The In-House Employment Lawyers Network provides training, networking and knowledge sharing for lawyers working in-house.
Follow Practical Law Employment on Twitter.
- Ask Employment: featured queries 22 September 2016
- Employment news round-up for week to 22 September
- Early conciliation certificate extends to a claim of constructive dismissal where resignation occurred after certificate was issued
- Apprenticeship levy: consultation on draft regulations for calculation and payment
- Corporate governance: Commons committee inquiry on corporate governance
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.