- Practice notes
- Standard documents and clauses with drafting notes
- Deal structures
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What should a funder consider when the building contractor goes into administration?
- Does a charging order against securities in a company have to be registered at Companies House?
- What is the effect of a guarantor going bankrupt or dying, where the guarantee does not expressly provide for these events?
- Are the terms "release" and "discharge" synonyms in your deed of release of guarantee? Do you need to both "cancel" and "surrender"? What does "delivery up" mean?
- In chattel mortgages, has the 'control' element been tested in the courts, either for individual or corporate security providers?
- Losing our passport
- Potential implications for loan agreements
- Potential impact on the UK's banking industry
- Some initial thoughts on prospectus requirements for issuers offering financial securities in the UK/EU
- Implications for financial services regulation
- Brexit: the legal implications landing page
- Practice note, Repacks: understanding repackaging note transactions
- Practice note, Troubleshooting: Registering security at Companies House
- Practice note, Reviewing acquisitions documents: issues for lenders
- Standard document, Board minutes: borrower completion minutes for an acquisition finance transaction (bilateral)
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
FastDraft helps you to create documents faster by using shortcuts such as importing data from your existing projects, your contacts or from Companies House.
- Letter of credit: presentation valid despite restriction on payment of underlying debt (Court of Appeal)
- Supplementary BoE consultation on SONIA reform
- Equity markets: FCA discussion paper on the effectiveness of UK primary markets
- FCA reviews effectiveness of UK primary capital markets (finance aspects)
- ICMA best practice guide for the European repo market
The Modern Contract of Guarantee provides readers with a detailed reference work on the law of guarantees.The authors provide practical insights into areas such as the validity and construction of guarantees, how to avoid a guarantee being discharged and common difficulties with enforcement.