- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Who owns the copyright in an unsolicited entry to a competition to design an image?
- Is it possible to transfer equitable title in a trade mark to one person and legal title to another?
- What are the definitions of "performance right" and "publishing rights" in relation to music?
- Will an absence of a territorial limitation be taken to confer global rights in a VAR agreement or licence agreement?
- If we agreed to transfer copyright to a client, could we place any restrictions on the use of the documents (for example, for use on a specific project only) or is it the case that once copyright is vested in the client we lose all right to control its use?
Analysis and noter-up of the proposed new EU Data Protection Regulation, tracking comments and amendments made in the course of the EU legislative process.
An explanation and discussion of what binding corporate rules are and how they protect personal data.
- EPO allows both types of second medical use claims in a single set of patent claims
- European Trade Mark and Design Network communication on common practice of trade mark distinctiveness
- IP Enterprise Court rules on trade mark and passing off dispute between adult education organisations
- Gambia accedes to Madrid Protocol on trade marks
- EU General Court confirms likelihood of confusion between SEQUOIA CAPITAL and earlier SEQUOIA word marks
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.