- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- Data Protection Global Guide
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What obligation exists to pay for services provided by a data controller who has processed personal data without notifying under the Data Protection Act 1998?
- Can a hashtag strapline be registered as a trade mark?
- Is a privacy notice the same as a fair processing/collection notice?
- How should the exemption to the non-disclosure obligation in section 35 of the DPA be applied?
- Is it acceptable to contact former clients with marketing literature with whom no contact has been made for 5 years?
Analysis and noter-up of the proposed new EU Data Protection Regulation, tracking comments and amendments made in the course of the EU legislative process.
An explanation and discussion of what binding corporate rules are and how they protect personal data.
- Retention of child protection records: 35-year period is lawful (High Court)
- Government revisits repeal of section 52 of the CDPA for industrially produced artistic works
- High Court finds DRIPA inconsistent with EU law
- ICO shares position on delisting enforcement against search engines
- LIBE Committee adopts draft report on PNR Directive
This year we’re upgrading the Practical Law website to provide you with a fresh interface and exciting new features. Find out more information and see a list of FAQs here.