- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What are the general principles that apply to costs awards in intellectual property disputes?
- If the owner of copyright in a photograph cannot be identified, can a disclaimer be used to prevent use of the photograph without permission being an infringing act?
- What redress do parents have for use of photos of child for marketing purposes, where consent was withheld?
- When migrating all employee files into a secure online sharepoint, must they be in a signed paper copy, or can they simply have soft copies?
- What additional requirements are there on financial institutions transferring personal data in or out of the European Union or Singapore?
Analysis and noter-up of the proposed new EU Data Protection Regulation, tracking comments and amendments made in the course of the EU legislative process.
An explanation and discussion of what binding corporate rules are and how they protect personal data.
- High Court rules construction of patent licence does not necessarily require expertise of patent judge
- European Commission consultation on Satellite and Cable Directive
- High Court refuses detailed patent claim construction in advance of expert reports
- European Patent Office refuses correction to identity of document incorporated by reference
- High Court refuses to order subject access compliance where searches not reasonable or proportionate
2015 will see the launch of a new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.