- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
- Patent Litigation Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can opposition to a UK trade mark application be based on a foreign trade mark?
- Can a party agree to transfer ownership of reports to a client but (given the fee for those reports) restrict who the client can then disclose the reports to?
- Can an implied copyright licence for a logo be terminated by the designer giving reasonable notice?
- Do you have a precedent agreement for the use of an individual's artwork for display at certain locations in a town for a payment?
- If X makes a piece of equipment that does not work and leaves it with Y who then spends significant time and money making the equipment work, who owns the IPR in the equipment?
A toolkit highlighting Practical Law content on cybersecurity.
A summary of the changes to the trade mark laws of member states that are to be introduced under Directive (EU) 2015/2436.
- IPO call for views on illicit IPTV streaming devices
- New materials published on Brexit
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan accedes to Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan accedes to Singapore Treaty on Law of Trademarks
- IP Enterprise Court finds brake caliper patent infringed in second trial
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
This must-have text offers a succinct and comprehensive explanation of the key issues surrounding the ‘Classic Trinity’ of goodwill, damage and misrepresentation. This new edition is fully updated with the latest case law in the UK and Commonwealth, renowned for its clear analysis of the law this is the essential reference on the subject of passing-off.
The only book dedicated to the inner workings of the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (IPEC), this is a must-have for seeking guidance on the key features and relevant materials of the court. This title helps clarify the court’s procedures, outlining the most appropriate options for cost-effective dispute resolution. It also advises on pre-action matters and applicable special considerations, allowing you to determine whether the IPEC is the right forum for your case.