- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
- Patent Litigation Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Who owns the copyright in commissioned works?
- At what point is an unregistered trade mark deemed to have acquired a reputation in the UK?
- Will an assignment of copyright in a website or software program include assignment of the rights to the source code?
- If a member of an LLP creates a copyright work in the course of the LLP's business, is it the case that the work belongs to him, but it is also an asset of the LLP?
- Do you have any information on the issues arising on the sale of a website as part of an asset purchase agreement?
A toolkit highlighting Practical Law content on cybersecurity.
A summary of the changes to the trade mark laws of member states that are to be introduced under Directive (EU) 2015/2436.
- Court of Appeal decides in principle that Arrow patent declarations can be granted
- Court of Appeal upholds decision on employee inventor compensation under Patents Act
- New joint PPL and PRS music licence for community radio stations from 1 January 2017
- EU General Court finds likelihood of confusion between "Lubelska" figurative mark and LUBECA word mark
- ECJ holds that information under Article 8(1) of IP Enforcement Directive can be sought outside IP infringement proceedings
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
This must-have text offers a succinct and comprehensive explanation of the key issues surrounding the ‘Classic Trinity’ of goodwill, damage and misrepresentation. This new edition is fully updated with the latest case law in the UK and Commonwealth, renowned for its clear analysis of the law this is the essential reference on the subject of passing-off.
The only book dedicated to the inner workings of the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (IPEC), this is a must-have for seeking guidance on the key features and relevant materials of the court. This title helps clarify the court’s procedures, outlining the most appropriate options for cost-effective dispute resolution. It also advises on pre-action matters and applicable special considerations, allowing you to determine whether the IPEC is the right forum for your case.