- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What is the potential liability of a trader in relation to use of a trading name that began prior to a third party's registration of a similar trade mark?
- Does the use of commercially available designs for covering other commercial products by decoupage amount to copyright or design right infringement?
- What is best practice for a controller in respect of the model clauses where a processor engages a sub-processor outside the EEA?
- Although an IP rights-owner is principally based in the US, am I correct in thinking that they could still enforce their IP rights against my client in the UK courts?
- Will a person be deemed to have acquiesced in the use of a later conflicting trade mark if they were unaware of that use, but a routine trade mark search would have revealed the existence of the later mark?
Analysis and noter-up of the proposed new EU Data Protection Regulation, tracking comments and amendments made in the course of the EU legislative process.
An explanation and discussion of what binding corporate rules are and how they protect personal data.
- EU General Court finds likelihood of confusion between "B'lue" figurative mark and BLU DE SAN MIGUEL word mark
- EU General Court finds likelihood of confusion between IDEALINA and figurative mark including word "idéalia"
- EU General Court finds NIAGARA descriptive for bottled and drinking water
- EU General Court finds "Liiga" figurative mark descriptive for games and sporting activities
- Court of Appeal upholds High Court invalidation of emergency contraceptive patent
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
The 4th Annual Life Sciences Law Forum takes place on 23 June 2016. For the most up to date information, including the agenda and speakers, click here to visit our website.
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.
A leading text in its field, Copinger & Skone James on Copyright offers thorough and comprehensive coverage on the main aspects of copyright and connected rights.
This must-have guide for any practitioners advising about patents, brings together the expertise of over 25 highly respected professionals including patent attorneys, solicitors and members of the bar, all individually selected for their expert knowledge.