- Books online for IP&IT professionals
- IP in Business Transactions Global Guide
- Life Sciences Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How are jurisdiction and governing law determined in the absence of relevant contractual provisions?
- How will a court award additional damages for secondary infringement of copyright?
- What are the general principles that apply to costs awards in intellectual property disputes?
- If the owner of copyright in a photograph cannot be identified, can a disclaimer be used to prevent use of the photograph without permission being an infringing act?
- What redress do parents have for use of photos of child for marketing purposes, where consent was withheld?
Analysis and noter-up of the proposed new EU Data Protection Regulation, tracking comments and amendments made in the course of the EU legislative process.
An explanation and discussion of what binding corporate rules are and how they protect personal data.
- ECJ judgment on extent of reputation of Community trade mark required to successfully oppose later national trade mark application
- Upper Tribunal upholds Information Tribunal's decision ordering ICO to disclose journalists' names
- IPO responds to consultation on amendments to Registered Designs Act 1949
- Upper Tribunal rules FOIA request decision failed to consider witnesses to whom data protection principles applied
- High Court rules construction of patent licence does not necessarily require expertise of patent judge
2015 will see the launch of a new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.