- Practice notes
- Standard documents, standard clauses and drafting notes
- Toolkits and case studies
About this practice area
- About this practice area
- Meet the team
- New content
- Provisional publishing schedule
- Consultation board
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a local authority allow entities that are not contracting authorities to purchase off a framework for above threshold light touch services the local authority has set up?
- Is a public body required or should they in best practice contractually require a party to provide evidence in relation to the section 41, FOIA exemption so that the authority can take this into account in determining whether or not the exemption applies?
- If a person needing residential care jointly owns a residential care home business should it be taken into account in the financial assessment and if so, how would the sale of a part of the business be enforced?
- In an application for judicial review, when does the bundle of documents have to be filed? Is it at the same time as the claim form?
- Where a local authority tenant exercises their right to buy but then dies before the transfer takes place, is the local authority bound to sell to his executors if they wish to proceed with the purchase?
Most read: Practice notes
Most read: Standard documents.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of public sector law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- Article 50 and Brexit in the High Court: the immediate aftermath of Miller and Santos and McCord, and further developments
- Public sector investments and the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- FOIA and commercial interests: a level playing field for local authorities?
Also see our regular digests on education, FOI, housing, local government and public procurement.
- Does the definition of "previously developed land" in the NPPF only exclude residential gardens if they are in a built up area? (Court of Appeal)
- Revised Local Public Services Data Handling Guidelines published by NLAWARP
- Practical Law In-house: new content
- Changes to the Immigration Rules: April 2017
- In absence of express term, contractual notice of termination takes effect when employee personally takes delivery of letter containing notice (CA)
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.