Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does a company website need an acceptable use policy where there is no facility for user input?
- How is "user" defined for the purposes of regulation 3(2)(c) of the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000?
- Does a school need a PRS licence to play music to students over loud speakers?
- What are the implications for a company using children's images on YouTube and a website without parental consent?
- Can one party record a telephone call with another party without consent?
This note provides an overview of the regulation of telecoms in the UK.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- New joint PPL and PRS music licence for community radio stations from 1 January 2017
- European Commission publishes draft E-Privacy Regulation
- Ofcom fines EE £2.7 million for billing failures
- PSA clarifies requirements for texts following mobile number entry into online promotions
- Court of Appeal in Northern Ireland rules on Facebook privacy case
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.
The new Data Protection practice area page provides quick and easy access to specialist resources that help organisations comply with data protection law and regulation.