Occupational and personal pensions
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Current allowances, rates and limits
- Key topics citator
- Legislation tracker
- Case tracker
- Pensions Ombudsman tracker
- PPF Ombudsman tracker
- Pensions Regulator determinations and section 89 reports tracker
- Pensions quarterly cases reports
- Hot topics
About this practice area
- About the pensions practice area
- Meet the team
- Consultation board
- New content
- Provisional publishing schedule
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is an employer's power to appoint or remove pension trustees a fiduciary power?
- Are there any Pensions Ombudsman determinations dealing with cases where an applicant for ill-health early retirement has refused to attend a medical examination?
- For auto-enrolment purposes, does a qualifying scheme need to be set up if the only eligible jobholder wishes to opt out, and can a SIPP be a qualifying scheme?
- Can a non-UK resident individual claim UK tax relief on contributions to a Swiss pension fund?
- Are changes to the definition of "pensionable salary" covered by TUPE on a service provision change?
Standard trust deed and rules
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- Pensions tax: regulations made bringing Finance Act 2016 bridging pension provisions into force
- Pensions news round-up for the week to 20 October 2016
- Pension Schemes Bill 2016-17 introduced into Parliament
- Overpayments: cut-off date for limitation purposes was date of written response to notice of Ombudsman complaint
- HM Treasury announces government has cancelled plans to create market for secondary annuities
For an article considering the implications of the UK leaving the EU for pensions schemes and their sponsors, see Article, Brexit: what pension schemes and sponsors need to know now.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.