Occupational and personal pensions
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Current allowances, rates and limits
- Key topics citator
- Legislation tracker
- Case tracker
- Pensions Ombudsman tracker
- PPF Ombudsman tracker
- Pensions Regulator determinations and section 89 reports tracker
- Pensions quarterly cases reports
- Hot topics
About this practice area
- About the pensions practice area
- Meet the team
- Consultation board
- New content
- Provisional publishing schedule
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is an employer obliged to consult with affected pension scheme members when it pays them one-off lump sums in return for stopping further accruals?
- How does an employer calculate its pension contributions under a defined contribution pension scheme for a zero hours worker on maternity leave?
- Is an employer's power to appoint or remove pension trustees a fiduciary power?
- Are there any Pensions Ombudsman determinations dealing with cases where an applicant for ill-health early retirement has refused to attend a medical examination?
- For auto-enrolment purposes, does a qualifying scheme need to be set up if the only eligible jobholder wishes to opt out, and can a SIPP be a qualifying scheme?
Standard trust deed and rules
- Pension scheme trust deed and rules
- Deed of amendment: fixed protection 2016 and individual protection 2016
- Deed of amendment: abolition of salary-related contracting-out
- Deed of amendment: fixed protection 2014 and individual protection 2014
- Deed of amendment: automatic enrolment
- Deed of amendment: flexible apportionment arrangements
- General deed of amendment
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- ABI and other trade bodies consult on improving pension and investment transfers and re-registrations
- Parris: no discrimination arising from death-bed marriage restriction in qualifying requirements for survivor's pension (ECJ)
- Pension Schemes Bill 2016/17: amended Bill published after House of Lords committee stage
- DWP proposes drop in general levy rate to reduce surplus
- GMP equalisation: DWP issues draft guidance to resolve inequality including calculation model
For an article considering the implications of the UK leaving the EU for pensions schemes and their sponsors, see Article, Brexit: what pension schemes and sponsors need to know now.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.