Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- When issuing enforcement notices, can a local authority request for all costs incurred in rectifying the breach be borne by the owner/offender?
- Can a condition on an outline planning permission be varied under section 73 of the TCPA 1990?
- Does advance payment for CPO compensation include fees?
- Can you discharge a pre-commencement planning condition for a listed building if the works have already been completed and the condition has not been complied with?
- What are the time limits under section 31(6) of the Highways Act 1980?
Primary source links:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995
- The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Wales) Order 2012
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987
Articles giving barristers views of legal issues relating to planning.
CPO flowchart: making a CPO
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- New materials published on Brexit
- Negligent advice regarding ventilation works: failure to warn of risk of dispute and to investigate relevant planning condition
- Planning news round-up to 23 February 2017
- High Court holds that council disposed of land at less than best consideration but declines to grant relief given delay in bringing proceedings and substantial prejudice to third party
- High Court rules on copyright infringement in architects drawings used for planning permission
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.