Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can an applicant make a non-material or minor material amendment to a prior approval decision?
- What use class does an auction house fall in?
- Is planning permission required for the demolition of a wall inside a conservation area?
- Can an LPA withdraw an application for advertising consent? If the application includes both adverts with deemed consent and adverts which do not, can the LPA assess the entire application?
- Do you have any information on balancing the best interests of children when considering unauthorised traveller sites?
Primary source links:
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995
- The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Wales) Order 2012
- Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987
Articles giving barristers views of legal issues relating to planning.
CPO flowchart: making a CPO
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- Planning news round-up to 19 January 2017
- Deliverability of housing developments: Welsh Government report makes recommendations
- NPPF green belt policy applied to construction of new buildings providing facilities for outdoor sport (High Court)
- Compulsory purchase order confirmation notice requirements amended
- House of Commons Library briefing paper on the draft Public Service Ombudsman Bill 2016-17 published
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.