- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can an IFA act as attorney under a lasting power of attorney (property and financial affairs)?
- Can an executor renounce in favour of a specified person?
- On intestacy, if there are uncles and aunts and issue of uncles and aunts who are alive at the date of death, do they take the estate equally or is the estate split between the deceased's mother's side of the family and the father's side?
- Where a property was owned solely by a deceased who left his cobabitee a right of occupation, when is the IHT attributable to the property payable?
- What is the position (from a tax perspective) in an estate where there is a loan to a family member, but that there is no likelihood of recovering it (treating it as a bad debt)?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- New solicitation statements for professional fundraisers
- New link to Master Will Fast Draft mirror wills option
- New resource on charity authorised investment funds (CAIFs)
- House of Commons Exiting the European Union Committee publishes report on process for exiting the European Union and the government's negotiating objectives
- UK/UAE double tax agreement in force
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.