- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do you have any guidance on the exercising of power and retention of key personal documents and financial information by attorneys under a property and financial affairs LPA?
- What is the procedure for claiming IHT loss relief on sale of foreign property and is there a 5% allowance for sale costs?
- If charity trustees sell designated land with the intention of purchaing replacement land, are they required to make this purchase within a particular timescale?
- What dispositions can a surviving spouse make where there are mutual wills?
- Where a charity's land is vested in the Official Custodian for Charities (OC), is it necessary for leases to be assigned to the OC?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- HMRC guidance: IHT thresholds and interest rates
- Trustee ordered to produce accounts (High Court)
- HMRC guidance: Non-resident capital gains tax (NRCGT) return needed unless one of the statutory exemptions applies
- Court of Appeal suggests approach in difficult cross-border capacity cases (Court of Appeal)
- Finance Bill 2017 to be published on 20 March 2017
Our team of 40 tax and legal experts have worked into the night to analyse the 2016 Autumn Statement and produce an update summarising the key announcements and implications.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.