- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What can the beneficiary of a bare trust do when the trustee refuses to transfer legal title into the beneficiary's name?
- If an executor claims relief on the sale at a loss of Property A and then sells Property B within four years of death, at a gain, does the executor have to declare it to HMRC and will the estate have to pay back some of the refund it received?
- Will dual listed AIM shares be eligible for BPR?
- Has a later EPA revoked an earlier one?
- Can a testator make a specific gift of land in his will if the land is owned by his company?
- High Court considers extent to which bankruptcy regime applies to insolvent estate administered under court's direction
- Provision of employment income in form of forfeitable loan note ineffective to avoid tax (First-tier Tribunal)
- Bankruptcy court has no jurisdiction over issue of third party information notice to TIB by HMRC (High Court)
- OPG and SCCO publish guidance on professional deputy costs
- Tribunal upholds charitable incorporated organisation registration refusal
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.