- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does the statutory power of appointment under section 36 of the Trustee Act 1925 apply to a PR holding an estate on statutory trusts?
- Who can act if a will appoints partners in a firm as executors and the firm has ceased trading?
- Where a beneficiary owes money to the estate and has an IVA with other creditors, can the executors retain the debt owed to the estate without causing problems with the IVA?
- Is it possible for trustees of a NRB discretionary trust to give the surviving spouse a life interest in the deceased's half share of the property and everything else outright?
- If trustees of a discretionary trust lend funds to a beneficiary and then later write off that debt, are there any tax consequences for the trustees to consider?
- UK/Senegal double tax treaty enters into force
- Private Client news round-up to 25 August 2016
- Charity Commission reports on inquiry into mismanagement of former SPCK bookshops
- Property and financial affairs deputies must cooperate with Court of Protection welfare proceedings
- HMRC adds further examples to statutory residence test guidance RDR3
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.