- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where an individual has entered a caveat, can that same individual apply for a grant of probate?
- What is the procedure for claiming IHT loss relief on sale of foreign property and is there a 5% allowance for sale costs?
- If charity trustees sell designated land with the intention of purchaing replacement land, are they required to make this purchase within a particular timescale?
- What dispositions can a surviving spouse make where there are mutual wills?
- Where a charity's land is vested in the Official Custodian for Charities (OC), is it necessary for leases to be assigned to the OC?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- Trustee ordered to produce accounts (High Court)
- Court of Appeal suggests approach in difficult cross-border capacity cases (Court of Appeal)
- Finance Bill 2017 to be published on 20 March 2017
- VAT: Company liable for penalties on inaccuracies concealed from directors
- EU VAT cultural services exemption not directly effective (ECJ)
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.