- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where a will has been rectified to correct the identity of the residuary beneficiary, can a grant taken out by attorneys of the original residuary beneficiary continue or should it be revoked?
- What document effects the transfer of an equitable interest in a property to a residuary beneficiary. Are any consents required and is self-dealing an issue where the PRs are the residuary beneficiaries?
- Could persons with significant control include trustees and beneficiaries of an offshore trust for the purposes of the PSC?
- Is it correct to inform an executor/trustee named in a Will that upon obtaining the Grant of Probate and before the assets are distributed, they have legal title to the assets?
- Would an on demand loan to a beneficiary of a discretionary trust set up by deed of variation be deductible from the beneficiary's estate?
Try out our newly enhanced automated drafting tool FastDraft. Improvements include a more intuitive look and feel, easier searching and even faster drafting.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.