- Title issues
- Common land, town and village greens
- Easements, covenants and other third party rights
- Conveyancing procedure
- Contracts and transfers
- Land registration
- Charity transactions
Dealing with leasehold land
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Residential property materials
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a third party rely upon a lease provision barring the tenant from acquiring a right of light over the third party's land?
- Where a charity's land is vested in the Official Custodian for Charities (OC), is it necessary for leases to be assigned to the OC?
- Is there a continuing obligation on an assignor relating to pre-assignment breaches?
- Can a mortgagee sell free of a Matrimonial Home Act or Family Law Act notice?
- Is there a problem with a new residential lease reserving a ground rent that doubles every so often?
List of current CPSE documents with links to the historic versions.
- First-tier Tribunal considers procedural issues and bare trustees in failed SDLT scheme
- Land Registry consultation on rule changes to allow for digital transformation
- Business rates: increased threshold for empty properties exemption from business rates
- Were buyer's solicitors in breach of trust by paying completion monies to solicitors acting for a fraudulent seller? (High Court)
- Housing White Paper published: property implications (full update)
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.