- Title issues
- Common land, town and village greens
- Easements, covenants and other third party rights
- Conveyancing procedure
- Contracts and transfers
- Land registration
- Charity transactions
Dealing with leasehold land
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Residential property materials
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How do we deal with the LTA 1954 contracting out procedure where the tenant is (a) a foreign government entity and (b) a foreign company?
- Where the title is clear, is a registered proprietor bound by a qualified title to the mines and minerals that it knows affects the title?
- Can we raise some questions on drafting one lease of mixed-use premises with regard to the permitted use and the alienation covenant?
- Do the right to rent checks have to be carried out when the landlord is renting a pub with attached residential accommodation?
- How do we go about terminating a lease of a shop and a lease of the flat above, in order to then grant a single lease of the whole?
- New article: Brexit: potential implications for contracts and disputes
- Extension of English small business rate relief to March 2017
- Right to rent checks: service occupancy agreements amended
- Law Society practice note on flood risk updated for Flood Re
- Negligent misrepresentation by solicitors on discharge of a mortgage (High Court)
The new Business Crime & Investigations practice area will provide essential know how on all aspects of corporate crime, including criminal procedure, health and safety offences, HSE powers of investigation and prosecution, corporate manslaughter, bribery and sentencing.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.