- Title issues
- Common land, town and village greens
- Easements, covenants and other third party rights
- Conveyancing procedure
- Contracts and transfers
- Land registration
- Charity transactions
Dealing with leasehold land
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Residential property materials
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where there is a lease of the reversion, which landlord should take a surrender of the underlease?
- Can an assigning tenant, who is giving an authorised guarantee agreement, seek an indemnity from an individual connected to the assignee?
- Where a property was bought subject to a retention, can the initial buyer sell the property before getting back the retention money?
- How should a landlord approach an application for the tenant for consent to grant a reversionary underlease?
- Will a mortgagee be able to apply for relief where there is a right of re-entry for a failure to pay the rent under the rentcharge (that is, where a section 146 notice is not required)?
List of current CPSE documents with links to the historic versions.
- Property essentials: September 2016
- Estoppel where method of apportioning service charge was incorrect (Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber))
- Welsh Government consults on Approved Documents A, B and C of the Building Regulations
- PRA policy statement on underwriting standards for buy-to-let mortgages
- Grounds of resistance on behalf of Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union released before High Court hearing on legal challenge to the process of Brexit
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.