- Common land, town and village greens
- Compulsory purchase, blight and compensation
- Contaminated land
- Contracts and deeds
- Conveyancing procedure
- Corporate support
- Development and construction
- Easements, covenants and other third party rights
- Energy and buildings
- Enforcement and remedies
- Enfranchisement and right to buy
- Environmental impact assessments
- Financial and corporate crime
- Habitats, wildlife and biodiversity
- Land registration
- Land valuation and surveyors' liability
- Landlord and tenant
- Local government
- Mortgages and security
- Nuisance and noise control
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Commercial Property Standard Enquiries (CPSE)
- Land Registry practice guides
- Residential property materials
- Property litigation materials
- Rural and agricultural land materials
- Property materials for surveyors
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a lease include provisions that terminate it on the occurrence of certain events?
- Can a licensor backdate a licence to occupy?
- Can a landlord of residential premises charge a premium for unauthorised alterations that were carried out before my client and its predecessor acquired the property?
- Is a residential lease defective because it does not prohibit structural alterations?
- Can you "contract out" of the obligation not to derogate from grant in a lease?
List of current CPSE documents with links to the historic versions.
Follow Practical Law Property on Twitter.
- Dispute governed by parties' deed, not Party Wall Act 1996
- Land Registry updates Practice Guides 67 and 75
- CML, AMI and IMLA update industry guidance on mortgage sales and servicing by lenders and intermediaries
- Residential property conveyancer held jointly liable with surveyor for negligent over-valuation (High Court)
- New: long leases of commercial property