Landlord and tenant
- Breach of lease covenants
- Break notices
- Business tenancies (contentious)
- Rent, non-payment of rent and rent review
- Service charges
Residential landlord and tenant
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do party wall surveyors have jurisdiction to issue addendum awards?
- Can the adjoining owner claim compensation and has it consented to the works in the party wall notice?
- Does a tenant have to serve a party wall notice on the landlord?
- Can a judgment creditor prevent a joint tenant severing a joint tenancy where the creditor has no interest in the property yet but wants to apply for a charging order?
- Who can be a party wall surveyor?
Key court forms for Property litigation
A link to the online Civil Procedure Rules
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- Claim struck out where claimant had paid wrong court fee after understating value of claim (County Court)
- High Court considers whether compliance with CPR 7.7 notice should be tested by reference to deemed service provisions in CPR 6.14
- Self-dealing rule not applied to a tenant seeking to acquire the freehold of a property of which he became a trustee after the start of the lease
- High Court rules on the power to amend an issued application notice
- High Court considers meaning of "consequential loss" in limitation of liability clause
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.