Landlord and tenant
- Breach of lease covenants
- Break notices
- Business tenancies (contentious)
- Rent, non-payment of rent and rent review
- Service charges
Residential landlord and tenant
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What happens if the adjoining owner's costs exceed the amount awarded under the party wall award?
- Do party wall surveyors have jurisdiction to issue addendum awards?
- Can the adjoining owner claim compensation and has it consented to the works in the party wall notice?
- Does a tenant have to serve a party wall notice on the landlord?
- Can a judgment creditor prevent a joint tenant severing a joint tenancy where the creditor has no interest in the property yet but wants to apply for a charging order?
Key court forms for Property litigation
A link to the online Civil Procedure Rules
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- New materials published on Brexit
- Negligent advice regarding ventilation works: failure to warn of risk of dispute and to investigate relevant planning condition
- Costs order where litigant in person acted inconsistently with directions (Upper Tribunal)
- Liability for estate agent's commission where client and payment conditions are unclear (Court of Appeal)
- Non-party seeking to set aside judgment on grounds of fraud must satisfy "reasonable diligence" test (High Court)
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.