About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Do any of your agreements cover termination under regulation 73 of the PCR 2015?
- Can a public authority's decision not to act on an issue be challenged as Wednesbury unreasonable?
- Does the ability to vary a public contract by up to 50% of the value apply cumulatively or to each change?
- Is a Bill in draft until it receives Royal Assent or is it only in "draft" before it is formally introduced and then simply becomes a "Bill"?
- Does the termination of a framework agreement automatically terminate contracts made under it?
Most read: Practice notes
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of public sector law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- Edenred - a deceptively narrow decision but with wide reaching consequences
- What role do competition law principles play in public procurement?
- What exactly are the remedies for breach of the Part 4 public procurement regime?
Also see our regular digests on FOI and public procurement.
- CCS publishes commercial capability contract management standards
- Costs order in challenge against closure of youth services overturned (Supreme Court)
- Is devolution heading in the right direction?
- Ask Local Government and Public Law: new featured queries
- Exceptional case funding scheme for section 10 of LASPO is unlawful and does not provide safety net intended (High Court)
New Public Sector practice areas now available
Practical Law Public Sector has been replaced by two new practice areas. Local Government provides a comprehensive range of know how resources for local government lawyers.