Most popular public procurement queries
- What steps should we take to comply with the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012?
- How do I decide if I have to competitively tender a Part B services contract?
- Can we invite only the top scoring bidders in a tender process to interview?
Other public procurement resources
Most popular information law queries
- Does a data controller have to carry out an annual audit?
- Are e-mails and scanned documents "data" within the DPA?
- What are the requirements for obtaining consent for data protection purposes?
Other information law resources
- Practice notes
- Standard documents, standard clauses and drafting notes
- Public Sector boilerplate clauses
- Toolkits and case studies
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for public sector professionals
- Public Procurement Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Most read: Practice notes
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of public sector law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- The future shape of local authority commissioning
- Government's proposed threshold for IPNAs in Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill 2013-14 suffers defeat in House of Lords
- Procurement Lawyers' Association event: the new procurement directives
Also see our regular digests on FOI, health and social care, housing, local government and public procurement.
- Public sector: In brief for week ending 5 March February 2014
- Thirty Nine Essex Street Mental Capacity Law Newsletter: March 2014 issue
- European Parliament adopts first reading position on proposal for a Directive to make online public services accessible to all
- DH consults on new offence of ill treatment or wilful neglect of patients and service users
- Two sets of draft regulations published on changes to local government, parliamentary and council tax referendums
Our new Family service has launched with essential know-how on topics including children's services.