- Practice notes
- Standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Insolvency forms
- Guide to statements of insolvency practices (SIPs)
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for restructuring and insolvency professionals
- Restructuring and Insolvency Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How does a creditor decide which court to issue a bankruptcy petition in?
- Can 2 or more creditors petition to wind up a corporate debtor or must there be only 1 petitioner?
- Is the petitioning creditor entitled to repayment of his costs where the bankrupt is applying to annul his bankruptcy on the grounds of payment in full?
- Can a company oppose a winding up petition when it failed to do so at the first hearing that was adjourned for CVA proposals to be considered?
- What are the insolvency rules that require a trustee in bankruptcy to advsertise notice to creditors to prove their debts if the bankruptcy estate is complex?
Ask our expert team questions, browse others' queries and share your knowledge.
Access our guide to the new practice direction on insolvency proceedings that came into force on 29 July 2014 here.
- Ask Restructuring and Insolvency
- Absence of local remedy defeats rescission of payment by credit institution (EFTA court)
- Summary determination of VAT assessment appeal in winding up petition proceedings (High Court)
- Building society members to rank equally with creditors on a winding up from 20 November 2014
- Court refuses to exercise winding-up jurisdiction for foreign companies where no benefit likely to be derived from an English liquidation (High Court)
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Get the latest case reports and legal updates from Practical Law Restructuring & Insolvency delivered straight to your inbox.