- Practice notes
- Standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Insolvency forms
- Guide to statements of insolvency practice (SIPs)
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for restructuring and insolvency professionals
- Restructuring and Insolvency Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where a tenant company in administration grants a licence to occupy to a connected company, does the tenant remain liable for rent?
- Is there a prescribed form for rule 4.110-CVL(3) of the Insolvency Rules 1986?
- My client company had a winding up petition presented against it just within the 2 year relevant period for preference. There is a transaction that might look like a preference but we are confident that it is not. Please can you clarify the position?
- What does a solicitor need to hand over to a liquidator to comply with a request to hand over the company files/documents?
- Can you petition for bankruptcy in reliance on a judgment in default that contains an error in the debtor's name?
Ask our expert team questions, browse others' queries and share your knowledge.
Access our guide to the new practice direction on insolvency proceedings that came into force on 29 July 2014 here.
- PPF publishes guidance on potential legal actions contemplated by insolvency practitioners
- New Practice Direction on e-filing in insolvency proceedings in the Rolls Building published
- Receivers owe no duty of care to bankrupt mortgagor (Court of Appeal)
- Extra-territorial effect of section 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986 considered further (High Court)
- Draft legislation to enact insolvency VAT clawback concession published
The new Business Crime & Investigations practice area will provide essential know how on all aspects of corporate crime, including Companies Act and Insolvency Act offences, BIS investigation and prosecution powers and tax evasion offences.