- Practice notes
- Standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Insolvency forms
- Guide to statements of insolvency practice (SIPs)
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for restructuring and insolvency professionals
- Restructuring and Insolvency Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can one joint trustee in bankruptcy sign a TR1, if they are acting jointly and severally?
- Where a customer contracts and pays for the supply of goods, but the supplier enters liquidation pre-delivery, will the customer be an unsecured creditor?
- What is the situation where a discharged bankrupt is continuing to pay a loan where the Official Receiver claimed the PPI insurance?
- Where a director sells a property to a company that he owns and controls, is the sale liable to be set aside if the director becomes bankrupt?
- Is a trustee in bankruptcy required to comply with the litigation pre action prototcol in sending a letter before claim to the other side?
Ask our expert team questions, browse others' queries and share your knowledge.
Access our guide to the new practice direction on insolvency proceedings that came into force on 29 July 2014 here.
- Companies Registrar owes duty of care when registering winding-up orders (High Court)
- Pensions and bankruptcy: Horton v Henry to be appealed
- Contingent creditor permitted to crystallise claim during IVA moratorium (High Court)
- New thresholds for bankruptcy and debt relief orders
- Income payments order cannot require bankrupt to draw pension: Raithatha v Williamson not followed (High Court)
What’s Market now allows you to track all administration appointments made in England and Wales since 1 October 2013.