- Practice notes
- Standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Insolvency forms
- Guide to statements of insolvency practices (SIPs)
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for restructuring and insolvency professionals
- Restructuring and Insolvency Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Which offers a creditor better security in the event of the debtor's bankruptcy, a legal charge or a promissory note?
- Is there any guidance or case law on the appropriate deposit required by a liquidator for a requisitioned creditors' meeting?
- Can a bankrupt apply for annulment on the basis of payment in full where there may still be unknown creditors?
- Does the appointment of LPA receivers prevent a trustee in bankruptcy from seeking possession?
- Is posting a statutory demand through the debtor's letterbox enough if personal service has failed and can a debtor apply out of time to set the demand aside?
Ask our expert team questions, browse others' queries and share your knowledge.
Access our guide to the new practice direction on insolvency proceedings that came into force on 29 July 2014 here.
- Summary determination of VAT assessment appeal in winding up petition proceedings (High Court)
- Building society members to rank equally with creditors on a winding up from 20 November 2014
- Court refuses to exercise winding-up jurisdiction for foreign companies where no benefit likely to be derived from an English liquidation (High Court)
- Queen's Bench division has jurisdiction to hear administration application (High Court)
- New edition of Restructuring and Insolvency Multi-jurisdictional Guide
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Get the latest case reports and legal updates from Practical Law Restructuring & Insolvency delivered straight to your inbox.