- Practice notes
- Standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Insolvency forms
- Guide to statements of insolvency practice (SIPs)
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for restructuring and insolvency professionals
- Restructuring and Insolvency Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- In a members' voluntary liquidation, can a liquidator make distributions to some unsecured creditors before others?
- Can a landlord safely accept rent from a third party when it knows that the tenant is going into liquidation?
- Where shares are held by a company that has since been dissolved, where should notice of a general meeting of shareholders be sent?
- For a company to go into administration, does it have to be insolvent, and must it have assets?
- Is there a time limit within which a liquidator can be appointed by a creditor to replace the official receiver?
Ask our expert team questions, browse others' queries and share your knowledge.
Access our guide to the new practice direction on insolvency proceedings that came into force on 29 July 2014 here.
- Restructuring and insolvency: At a glance: June 2015
- Winding-up petition was not an abuse of process despite collateral purpose of petitioner (High Court)
- Administration appointments: Practical Law's annual trend report published
- Appealing the valuation of a proof of debt for voting purposes: role of the court (High Court)
- Law Commission consults on consumer prepayments on retailer insolvency
What’s Market now allows you to track all administration appointments made in England and Wales since 1 October 2013.