- Practice notes
- Standard documents, checklists and drafting notes
- Insolvency forms
- Guide to statements of insolvency practice (SIPs)
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for restructuring and insolvency professionals
- Restructuring and Insolvency Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is there authority for extending the 12-month period under s89 of Insolvency Act 1986 in a Members' Voluntary Liquidation, where there is a reasonable belief that debts will be paid?
- If the payment of a debt could potentially be set aside as a reviewable transaction, can that payment be deemed not to have been made irrevocably and unconditionally?
- Can a liquidator assign a claim for wrongful trading or fraudulent trading to a creditor?
- How does a chargor dispute the appointment of a receiver on the basis that it did not grant a charge over all of the property over which the receiver has been appointed?
- Can a utility supplier terminate supply if it becomes aware of a customer's impending insolvency event which would be caught by the new section 233A of the Insolvency Act 1986?
Ask our expert team questions, browse others' queries and share your knowledge.
Access our guide to the new practice direction on insolvency proceedings that came into force on 29 July 2014 here.
- Surprise: further Deregulation Act 2015 changes to insolvency law now in force
- European Commission assesses outcome of its recommendations on a new approach to business failure and insolvency and proposes legislative initiative
- Restructuring and insolvency: At a glance: September 2015
- Significant case management concerns highlighted in conduct of proceedings (High Court)
- The effect of restoration to the register after Crown disclaimer of a leasehold interest (Court of Session, Inner House)
What’s Market now allows you to track all administration appointments made in England and Wales since 1 October 2013.