Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
- Cross-border and immigration
- Employment income, pensions and benefits
- Employment status and self-employment
- National Insurance Contributions
- Termination of employment
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a freehold sale be a TOGC if the headlease is surrendered before transfer but occupational leases remain in place?
- Is VAT always chargeable on the sale of a new flat with a short let holiday accommodation planning restriction?
- Can a non-resident company be liquidated and the property it owns distributed in specie free of capital gains and SDLT?
- Do you have any commentary on non-disclosure/confidentiality clauses that are aimed at preventing disclosure to HMRC?
- What is the CGT base cost of an asset for a transferee who was deemed to acquire the asset at market value?
- Price reduction under settlement agreement entitles supplier to reclaim overpaid VAT (First-tier Tribunal)
- What's Market: deals added 4 October 2014 - 17 October 2014
- VAT on attracting and retaining deposit account customers irrecoverable (First-tier Tribunal)
- Regulations implementing change to VAT place of supply rules made
- Deadline for opening enquiry into corporation tax return clarified (First-tier Tribunal)
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.