Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Should an exempt charity buyer of property be concerned about capital allowances?
- Can the assignment of a lease for a restaurant business amount to a transfer of a going concern (TOGC)?
- Is the sale of land in my transaction residential or non-residential for SDLT purposes?
- Could cash reserves built up for a share buyback prejudice the availability of entrepreneurs' relief for a selling individual shareholder?
- Is the grant of an option linked to its exercise for SDLT purposes?
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Read our analysis of the business tax changes made by the Finance Act 2015