Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is TOGC relief available if part of the business transferred is immediately sold off/operated differently?
- Please confirm how "securities" are defined in s216(2)(a) of the Income Tax 2007.
- If an employer pays an employee's application fees for an indefinite leave to remain application, does this constitute a taxable or non-taxable benefit?
- Can the apportionment under a section 198 election be £0?
- Where overlap relief reduces the rent of the new lease for the first five years to nil/zero, what issues does this cause for using the HMRC SDLT calculator?
- Advocate General opines that EU VAT cultural services exemption not directly effective
- Consultation on penalty for participating in VAT fraud
- Tax at a glance: September 2016
- Grounds of resistance on behalf of Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union released before High Court hearing on legal challenge to the process of Brexit
- Upper Tribunal finds that collection of commercial waste by local authorities falls within VAT exemption
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.