Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Are capital allowances available on a conversion of property from commercial to residential?
- Is SDLT payable on an extension of the term of a lease?
- How should I deal with VAT in settlement agreements?
- Is SDLT chargeable on a surrender for a reverse premium and is it notifiable?
- When should a compromise agreement be signed?
- Each supply in a chain of supplies can be zero-rated (First-tier Tribunal)
- Finance (No. 2) Bill 2015: Denial of deductions for bank compensation payments
- HM Revenue and Customs publishes further guidance on reinstatement of aggregates levy exemptions
- Consultation on simplifying tax and NICs on termination payments
- ECJ guidance on VAT treatment of mechanical breakdown warranty cover
Succinct summary and comment so you gain a thorough understanding of the key implications of the Budget.