Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can a husband gift shares to his wife so that she can benefit from entrepreneurs' relief?
- Do the SDLT changes announced in the Autumn Statement 2014 affect commercial/mixed property transactions?
- What is the VAT position on the assignment of the benefit of a land contract?
- Is a tenant who pays VAT on its lease required to opt to tax when they assign the lease?
- Are capital allowances relevant on the assignment of a lease for a reverse premium?
- SDRT penalties and interest amended appointed day order
- What's Market: deals added 13 December 2014 - 19 December 2014
- SDLT: additional guidance on application of new rates to shared ownership transactions
- Consultation on travel and subsistence relief for temporary workers
- Childcare Payments Bill 2014 receives Royal Assent
See what we expect to be in Finance Bill 2015.