Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance & derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is SDLT due on a declaration of trust of mortgaged properties? Does the supplemental 3% SDLT charge apply and is multiple dwellings relief available?
- Is the receipt of a dilapidations payment capital or revenue if the landlord subsequently sells the property?
- How do the transitional rules for the 3% SDLT surcharge and for the general SDLT rates pre-4th December 2014 apply to my transaction?
- Can an SEIS investor be granted an EMI option?
- Does multiple dwellings relief apply to granny annexes?