Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does a termination payment into a registered pension scheme have to be made before the employment is terminated in order to be tax efficient?
- Can there be a transfer of a going concern where the sale is by a mortgagee in possession to an existing tenant?
- When do directors "receive" termination payments?
- Should VAT be charged on legal fees for administering an estate where the executor is overseas and appoints a UK attorney?
- Can one company owned by a consortium surrender losses to another company owned by a consortium made up of the same members?
- Peer-to-peer lending: bad debt relief technical criteria
- Tax news round-up to 31 March 2015
- HMRC guidance on reinstatement of aggregates levy exemptions
- Profit on transactions involving stripped bonds was taxable discount of income nature (Upper Tribunal)
- VAT: Agreed amount attributed to part-exchange car not discount for replacement car (Upper Tribunal)
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Practical Law’s free 2015 Budget Summary is available NOW! Providing you with all the key points, reaction and analysis to the 2015 Budget Statement delivered on the 18th March 2015.