Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance & derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How do the transitional rules for the 3% SDLT surcharge and for the general SDLT rates pre-4th December 2014 apply to my transaction?
- Can an SEIS investor be granted an EMI option?
- Does multiple dwellings relief apply to granny annexes?
- Is there a way of checking that a VAT registration number is valid and belongs to a particular business to minimise the risk of VAT fraud?
- Where it is agreed that a residuary beneficiary should receive a property instead of it being sold to pay legacies, will the compensation that she pays to the estate attract SDLT?
- House of Commons Exiting the European Union Committee publishes report on process for exiting the European Union and the government's negotiating objectives
- UK/UAE double tax agreement in force
- Tax news round-up to 17 January 2017
- Limited partnerships: revised draft legislative reform order on amendments to Limited Partnerships Act 1907 in respect of private investment funds
- Applicant is entitled to challenge tax information exchange request on basis of Charter of Fundamental Rights of European Union (Advocate General)