Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How does SDLT apply on phased sub-sales?
- What are some of the possible tax consequences of parents transferring their rental income stream in a property to their child?
- Can TOGC relief be obtained after completion and is rectification possible?
- Where multiple dwellings are being acquired where some are the subject of a sub-sale, how do the SDLT reliefs (multiple dwellings relief and sub-sale relief) interact with each other?
- How does SDLT apply to a tenant's contributions to building costs under an agreement for lease?
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.