Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
- Cross-border and immigration
- Employment income, pensions and benefits
- Employment status and self-employment
- National Insurance Contributions
- Termination of employment
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How does HMRC interpret whether a supply of legal services is land-related or not?
- Where an investor holds both EIS and non-EIS shares in a company, which shares are treated as being disposed of first on a sale?
- Where a shareholder is motivated to vote in accordance with Board recommendations, do they still exercise voting rights for Entrepreneurs' Relief purposes?
- If part of a building has been let, can the unused part qualify for business property renovation allowances?
- What are some of the main tax issues to consider in a share sale where one selling shareholder is proposing to gift part of his sale proceeds to another selling shareholder?
- HMRC guidance on withholding from interest on transferred receivables
- Key dates for corporate tax practitioners: September 2014
- Tax at a glance: August 2014
- Discrimination payment made in connection with termination taxable as termination payment (First-tier Tribunal)
- Transfer of certain assets as part of law firm winding up not a TOGC (First-tier Tribunal)
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Read our analysis and check the latest amendments and debates