Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- When do directors "receive" termination payments?
- Should VAT be charged on legal fees for administering an estate where the executor is overseas and appoints a UK attorney?
- Can one company owned by a consortium surrender losses to another company owned by a consortium made up of the same members?
- What are the SDLT consequences where SDLT group relief is withdrawn?
- Can a transaction be a transfer of a going concern (TOGC) where the tenant has served a break notice and the lease will expire after completion?
- DOTAS: extension to employees of non-UK promoters and parties unconnected with designer
- DOTAS: information regulations aligned with Finance Act 2015
- Late payment and repayment interest extended to diverted profits tax
- Employers' input tax deduction on pension fund management costs guidance
- Pilot intra-EU VAT rulings scheme extended
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
Practical Law’s free 2015 Budget Summary is available NOW! Providing you with all the key points, reaction and analysis to the 2015 Budget Statement delivered on the 18th March 2015.