Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- How do the postponement rules for SDLT apply under the new "slice" system for commercial and mixed property?
- Does the additional 3% SDLT rate apply if overseas property is owned?
- Is an uninhabitable building previously used as a care home with C2 use residential?
- Where is the source for the statement that PILONs and certain damages payments will be taxed as earnings?
- Are SDLT and CGT due on a transfer of land to a claimant by executors in settlement of the claimant's claim against the estate?
- Key dates for corporate tax practitioners: May 2016
- Tax at a glance: April 2016
- Court of Appeal confirms intra-group novation of swap avoidance scheme failed but mistakenly-issued closure notice declared ineffective
- Apprenticeship levy: sharing of allowance between connected companies to be permitted
- Finance Bill 2016: Changes to definitions of trading company and trading group for purposes of entrepreneurs' relief
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.