Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance & derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where it is agreed that a residuary beneficiary should receive a property instead of it being sold to pay legacies, will the compensation that she pays to the estate attract SDLT?
- Where a bare plot of land with planning permission is acquired where works have not commenced, is it residential or commercial for SDLT purposes?
- Where a mixed used building is being acquired how do multiple dwellings relief and the 3% SDLT surcharge interact?
- How do I deal with the SDLT return(s) where a relief from the 15% SDLT relief applies in relation to some of the properties?
- Is VAT chargeable on my asset sale transaction?
- Scotland Act 2016 income tax powers: draft regulations for consequential changes and technical note
- Tax at a glance: November 2016
- HMRC publishes updated guidance on SDLT 3% surcharge
- Key dates for corporate tax practitioners: December 2016
- EU Justice Sub-Committee opens inquiry into "Brexit: civil justice cooperation and the CJEU"
Our team of 40 tax and legal experts have worked into the night to analyse the 2016 Autumn Statement and produce an update summarising the key announcements and implications.