Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where a seller of car-parking facilities has opted to tax but has since de-registered for VAT purposes, is VAT chargeable on the sale of the commercial property?
- How are different classes of shares determined in relation to section 77 Finance Act 1986 stamp duty relief?
- Is SEIS relief available where the company has yet to issue the shares having received investor monies?
- Does the sale of a cash-rich company cause issues in relation to entrepreneurs' relief and to the transactions in securities rules?
- What is the SDLT liability of the landlord where a lease is surrendered and regranted to a third party and can sub-sale relief apply?
- What's Market: deals added 13 June 2015 - 26 June 2015
- PLC Magazine online: June 2015
- Upper Tribunal dismisses HMRC's appeal against recoverability of VAT on investment fund management fees
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015: corporate directors
- Compound interest on overpaid VAT: HMRC seeking to appeal against Littlewoods
Read our insights about possible tax announcements in the 2015 Post Election Budget on 8 July in Practical Law’s predictions article, available now!