Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Who can reclaim VAT on an invoice?
- Is SDLT payable on basic payment scheme (BPS) entitlements?
- On a business sale excluding the freehold but granting the buyer a lease, should the price be partly apportioned to fixtures?
- Are plant and machinery allowances available for expenditure on integral features if the seller claimed IBAs on such expenditure?
- Does Regulation 85 of the Value Added Tax Regulations 1995 (SI1995/2518) apply to peppercorn rents?
- HMRC guidance on client notification under international exchange of information regulations published
- What's Market: deals added 8 October 2016 – 21 October 2016
- Draft regulations extending interim securitisation tax regime
- Webinar on 3% SDLT surcharge for acquisitions of additional dwellings
- Ingenious Media's judicial review application against HMRC succeeds in the Supreme Court
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.