Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
- Cross-border and immigration
- Employment income, pensions and benefits
- Employment status and self-employment
- National Insurance Contributions
- Termination of employment
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Where the landlord is subject to VAT for a payment made to a tenant to carry out landlord's works, can the landlord recover the VAT?
- What are some of the tax consequences of a change in shares in a tenancy in common of residential property?
- Can a freehold sale be a TOGC if the headlease is surrendered before transfer but occupational leases remain in place?
- Is VAT always chargeable on the sale of a new flat with a short let holiday accommodation planning restriction?
- Can a non-resident company be liquidated and the property it owns distributed in specie free of capital gains and SDLT?
- Reasonable steps taken to ensure customer in another member state was VAT registered (First-tier Tribunal)
- QCB status unaffected by euro monetary union clause (First-tier Tribunal)
- Singaporean markets SGX-ST and SGX-DT designated as recognised stock exchanges
- VAT fixed establishment requires sufficient permanence and resources (ECJ)
- PLC Magazine online: October 2014
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.