Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- In a hive down where the succession conditions are met, does the transferee company step into the transferor company's position for capital allowances purposes?
- Is stamp duty and/or SDRT payable on the transfer of loan stock?
- Do interest and penalties arise in relation to a claim for stamp duty group relief made after the 30 day limit for stamping?
- Does an SDLT charge arise where two individuals seed a co-ownership authorised contractual schemes (CoACS) with properties that they each wholly own at the same time?
- What contract provisions does the buyer need to include if the seller is not entitled to claim allowances on fixtures?
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
See what we expect to be in Finance Bill 2015.