Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Does the 15% SDLT rate apply to my transaction?
- What is the VAT treatment of a payment to a tenant on a surrender of a lease and the payment to a landlord when exercising a break clause in the lease?
- How is a Liechtenstein foundation treated for UK tax purposes?
- What steps must a buyer take when buying a newly constructed commercial property from a developer to ensure that it is able to claim capital allowances in the future?
- What are the capital gains tax and SDLT implications of an inter-spouse transfer of land?
Wales and Scotland.
Customisable briefings about tax aspects of setting up a business in the UK.
Discover the key announcements in your practice area.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.