Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
- Cross-border and immigration
- Employment income, pensions and benefits
- Employment status and self-employment
- National Insurance Contributions
- Termination of employment
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
- Swaps and derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate tax professionals
- Tax on Transactions Multi-jurisdictional Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- FATCA: Is there any guidance on registering sponsored investment entities?
- Do I need to reflect the new EU Savings Tax Directive in bond issue documentation?
- Does an employer have to make student loan deductions from a tax free termination payment?
- Do I need to deal with capital allowances on a sale of an industrial unit?
- How does the fixed value requirement apply on a sale by a taxpayer that has not pooled but where its post-April 2012 seller had pooled?
EU tax developments
- HMRC publishes further guidance on payments of "trail commission"
- Accountants not negligent for failing to refer client to non-dom specialist (Court of Appeal)
- Directive amending EU Savings Directive published in Official Journal
- FA 2009 late payment and repayment interest extended to PAYE, Class 1 NICs and CIS payments
- Tax news round-up to 15 April 2014