Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- On an intra-group transfer of a property business, which is a succession, can a section 198 of CAA 2001 election be used to create a balancing allowance for the transferor?
- What is the effective date for a renewal lease backdated to the expiry of an SDLT non-contracted out lease?
- If director's loan account is written off after appointment of liquidator is this treated as capital distribution?
- What is the FATCA status of the trustee of an employee-ownership trust?
- Can TOGC treatment apply where there is a temporary cessation in the business?
- Key dates for corporate tax practitioners: September 2015
- Tax at a glance: August 2015
- SBEE Act: updated provisional implementation dates
- Payment for release from exclusivity agreement was not expenditure deductible for CGT purposes (Upper Tribunal)
- HMRC rewrites employee travel tax and NICs guide (490)
Let our trainers guide you through key features and functionality on our website to help you get the most from your subscription. Free for subscribers.
2015 will see the launch of a new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.