Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- PAYE and pension flexibility
- Is it possible to use a salary sacrifice to acquire shares in an employer?
- What are some of the tax implications of appointing a company as a non-executive director?
- How should VAT invoices be marked when they are to be paid by a third party?
- Is a co-owner's share a "major interest" for SDLT purposes?
- Television tax relief: cultural test amendment regulations made
- Oil and gas supplementary charge includes gains (Upper Tribunal)
- Taxpayer entitled to treaty relief on Delaware LLC profits (Supreme Court)
- Tax-free childcare scheme to launch in 2017
- Extended time limit of discovery assessments survives death of taxpayer (First-tier Tribunal)
Read our insights about possible tax announcements in the 2015 Post Election Budget on 8 July in Practical Law’s predictions article, available now!