Nature of practice and clients
CMS Cameron McKenna LLP Hungarian Office (CMS Hungary) is one of the largest international law firms in the country established in 1989. To focus on our clients' industry and sector, our Budapest team provides quality legal work for various sectors.
Clients include manufacturers operating in various sectors (pharmaceuticals, energy, automotive, electronics and consumer products), consultancy and outsourcing firms, banks and insurance companies, retailers and service companies, including a number of SSCs (shared service centres) in the country and on a regional or Europe-wide level.
The employment team of CMS Budapest is comprised of four associates headed by managing partner, Gabriella Ormai. We offer dedicated employment law specialists, dealing with the entire scope of HR matters, both contentious and non-contentious, including:
- Policy drafting, preparing contracts (including post-employment restrictive covenants and high-level consultancy arrangements).
- Compensation and benefit schemes (incentive schemes and benefit policies).
- Employment aspects of M&A transactions.
- Complex restructurings and mass redundancies.
- Internal audits and investigations.
- Negotiations with employee representatives (works councils and trade unions).
- Employment litigation concerning, for example, unfair dismissal, overtime and bonus claims, damages, compensation and discrimination.
CMS Hungary is part of the CMS network, which provides clients with specialist, business-focussed advice in law and tax matter. With our 3,000 legal professionals across the world, working in sector-based teams and trained in project management, our focus is on our clients and fulfilling their objectives. Each of the ten CMS firms is a leading firm in its own jurisdiction(s) and has profound experience in its local market.