Nature of practice and clients
Kasznar Leonardos Intellectual Property (or simply Kasznar) is an IP boutique with offices in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Porto Alegre. It provides Brazilian and foreign companies with a wide range of technical and judicial services in IP areas, such as trade marks; domain names; patents; industrial designs; copyrights; geographical indications; computer and software rights; unfair competition; trade secrets and confidential data; technology transfer, franchising and licensing; litigation and dispute resolution; regulatory law in the heath area; advertising law; anti-counterfeiting; and the protection of plant varieties. In these areas, Kasznar's team acts as attorneys in the prosecution of applications; as legal advisers in licensing and other contract matters; as lawyers in litigation and arbitration; and as neutrals in arbitration and mediation.
Our firm is known for its highly-qualified professionals, who are distributed in four main departments: Trade marks, Patents, IP Litigation, and Licensing. In Trade marks, we have a large expertise in obtaining and maintaining trade mark registrations in Brazil and abroad. We also provide counsel regarding domain names and copyright registrations, assisting our clients in all steps of the process. In Patents, we draft, file, and prosecute patent applications for local and foreign companies, and we count on experts who cover a variety of specialties, such as aviation, auto, biotech, electronics, oil and gas, chemistry, information technology, telecom, pharmacy, and steel. In Litigation and Licensing, we also have strong teams, led by the highly recognised IP lawyer Gabriel Leonardos. Among our partners, there are leading lawyers who have shaped, and continue to shape, Brazilian case law in IP matters, with a very successful track record for our clients.
- Kasznar Leonardos Intellectual PropertyRua Teófilo Otoni, 63 – 5th to 8th floors20090-080 – Rio de Janeiro – RJBrazilT+55 (21) 2113 1919F+55 (21) 2113 1920
- Data protection in Brazil: overview
- Privacy in Brazil: overview
- Distribution and marketing of drugs in Brazil: overview
- Pharmaceutical IP and competition law in Brazil: overview
- Medicinal product regulation and product liability in Brazil: overview
- The role of the healthcare regulator in the grant of patents for medicines