Nature of practice and clients
Maberly & Co is a team of highly experienced commercial and corporate lawyers with specialist expertise in technology law. We provide both transactional and advisory support on a broad range of commercial and corporate matters including outsourcing, procurement, major corporate transformation projects and M&A and on all types of technology matters, from large-scale IT procurement to e-commerce and digital media.
Our technology practice includes:
- Handling strategically significant technology procurement projects.
- The development, licensing and commercialisation of software, technology and content.
- Telecommunications infrastructure projects, including subsea cable construction and telecommunications network procurement.
- Strategic advice for technology users on the adoption of managed services or cloud computing solutions.
- Commercial and compliance advice for digital businesses, including consumer law and privacy issues.
A key differentiator is our service delivery model of providing senior-led expert advice, which allows us adopt a more commercial, pragmatic and results-focused approach.
We are based in Auckland, but work with clients across New Zealand and overseas. Our first-hand experience of technology procurement across the world enables us to incorporate international best practice in our work and we are often involved as advisors and co-ordinators on cross-jurisdictional advisory matters.
Our technology practice is strong in the financial services, utilities, construction and healthcare sectors, working with customers and users of technology solutions in these sectors. Key clients in these verticals include Mighty River Power, Refining NZ, Heartland Bank, Lumley Insurance NZ (now IAG), healthAlliance, Fletcher Building and Two Degrees Mobile.