Nature of practice and clients
Mayer Brown is a leading global law firm with offices in major cities across the Americas, Asia and Europe. The firm is known for its client-focused approach to providing creative solutions to complex problems on behalf of businesses, governments and individuals.
We are noted for our commitment to client service and our ability to assist clients with their most complex and demanding legal and business challenges worldwide. We serve many of the world’s largest companies, including a significant proportion of the Fortune 100, FTSE 100, DAX and Hang Seng Index companies and more than half of the world’s largest banks. We provide legal services in areas such as banking and finance; corporate and securities; litigation and dispute resolution; antitrust and competition; employment and benefits; environmental; financial services regulatory & enforcement; government and global trade; intellectual property; real estate; tax; restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency; and wealth management.
Our presence in the world’s leading markets enables us to offer clients access to local market knowledge.
- Changing pension terms: employers’ duties
- An analysis of the proposed implementation of a financial transaction tax (FTT) within the FTT zone
- Tax on corporate lending and bond issues in UK (England and Wales): overview
- Commercial real estate in China: overview
- Commercial real estate in Germany: overview
- The new CIETAC arbitration rules: how they measure up
- Lending and taking security in Hong Kong: overview
- Structured lending and securitisation in Hong Kong: overview
- China's new M&A review rules: a comparison with the US
- China: taxing offshore transactions