Browse queries by topic
- ADR: Employment
- Atypical Working
- Civil Litigation: Employment
- Collective Consultation
- Contracts of Employment
- Cross-border and Immigration
- Directors and Employees: Restructuring and Insolvency
- Discipline and Performance Management
- Discrimination: Employment
- Employee Data, Monitoring and Privacy
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Employment Status and Independent Contractors
- Employment Tribunals
- Equal Pay
- Families and Pregnancy
- General Contract and Boilerplate
- Legal Concepts and Miscellaneous
- Pay and Benefits
- Policies and Procedures: Employment
- Redundancy and Business Reorganisation
- Restraint of Trade, Confidentiality and IP
- Sickness and Incapacity
- Taxation: Employment
- Termination of Employment
- Transfer of Shares: Employment
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Unfair Dismissal
- Working Time and Time Off
None of the Editorial team providing responses to Ask questions are practising solicitors or barristers. The Ask scope and rules apply.
How should an employer calculate holiday pay when making a deduction on termination when an employee has taken more days than their accrued entitlement?
If an employee is absent on maternity leave is she entitled to a pay rise based on performance during the period during which she was absent?
Must independent advice on employee shareholder status include tax advice?
If the assets of a company are liquidated, do any possible personal injury claims which the employees may have against the company also cease with its liquidation?
How is SSP calculated when a contract states that only one day a week is a Qualifying Day for SSP but the employee actually works five days a week?
Must the recipient of a reference disclose it to the subject of the reference if they make a subject access request?
Can tax advice on employee shareholder status be provided separately from employment law advice?
Taxation of termination payments: is payment by an employer of an employee's employment tribunal fees taxable?
Is a redundant employee who has accepted an alternative role which is not a suitable alternative entitled to statutory redundancy pay?
Can further employee shareholder shares be issued to existing employee shareholders without a new agreement?
- Is an employee who is made redundant prior to the week before they are due to take shared parental leave entitled to any shared parental pay?
- Is it a redundancy dismissal when an employee is dismissed during an extended trial period?
- Can a man claim associative pregnancy discrimination if absence due to his wife's miscarriage is taken into account for the purpose of bonus calculation?
- Why will employees who take paid time off to attend an adoption appointment be ineligible for statutory paternity leave from April 2015?
- How long after a TUPE transfer can an employer safely harmonise terms?
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Lisa.
Lisa is head of Commercial at Practical Law. She joined us from Weil, Gotshal & Manges where she worked in the Corporate group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Lucy.
Lucy is head of Practical Law Corporate. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Allen & Overy. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Sophie.
Sophie Capel joined Practical Law from Ashurst, where she worked for nearly 11 years. Sophie is head of our Employment team. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Claire.
Claire is head of Private Client at Practical Law. She joined us from Herbert Smith where she worked in the Private Wealth and Charities group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Nikki.
Nikki Martin is head of Practical Law's Property team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Osborne Clarke, Pinsent Masons, Burges Salmon and Clarke Willmott. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as David.
David Rawson leads our Restructuring and Insolvency team. Before joining Practical Law he worked for Eversheds and Hammonds. Now his job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Emma.
Emma Nendick is head of our Tax team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Freshfields and Herbert Smith. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Iain.
Iain is head of Practical Law Construction. Before joining Practical Law, he worked for Taylor Wessing, Speechly Bircham and Lewis Silkin. Now his job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Roger.
Roger Wesson is head of Practical Law's IP&IT and Media & Telecoms team. Before joining Practical Law he worked for Dentons and Allison & Humphreys. Now his job is to help you do yours.