Browse queries by topic
- ADR: Employment
- Atypical Working
- Civil Litigation: Employment
- Collective Consultation
- Contracts of Employment
- Cross-border and Immigration
- Directors and Employees: Restructuring and Insolvency
- Discipline and Performance Management
- Discrimination: Employment
- Employee Data and Monitoring
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Employment Status and Independent Contractors
- Employment Tribunals
- Equal Pay
- Families and Pregnancy
- General Contract and Boilerplate
- Legal Concepts and Miscellaneous
- Pay and Benefits
- Policies and Procedures: Employment
- Redundancy and Business Reorganisation
- Restraint of Trade, Confidentiality and IP
- Sickness and Incapacity
- Taxation: Employment
- Termination of Employment
- Transfer of Shares: Employment
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Unfair Dismissal
- Working Time and Time Off
None of the Editorial team providing responses to Ask questions are practising solicitors or barristers. The Ask scope and rules apply.
When new partners join a partnership is there a TUPE transfer of the employees?
Can a court reduce the scope of an unreasonable covenant so that it becomes reasonable?
What is employee's remedy if employer gives oral notice of PILON where contract specifies written notice?
Is an employer able to start a redundancy consultation for one employee in advance of the other employees who are at risk of redundancy?
Can an employer send an occupational health report to its solicitors for advice if the employee does not consent?
Where an employer approaches an employee with a job offer, can it seek a reference from the current employer without the employee's consent?
What should an employer state in a reference when the employee is claiming constructive dismissal?
Can an employer continue with disciplinary proceedings and dismiss an employee even after he has resigned?
Does an employer have to offer alternative accommodation if an employee refuses the initial accommodation offered under a service occupancy agreement?
Can an agency worker in England rely on a comparator doing the same role in Northern Ireland for the purposes of the Agency Workers Regulations?
- Is it discriminatory to require Muslim employees who are observing Ramadan to take time off work?
- Do all the matters referred to in an ET1 need to have been raised with ACAS during the conciliation process?
- Is an employee on paid suspension allowed to carry over unused holiday?
- When parents exercise the right to concurrent SPL do they both receive ShPP?
- Is an apprenticeship not an "approved English apprenticeship" under the amendments to ASCLA 2009 if there is not yet a published apprenticeship standard for the particular sector?
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Lisa.
Lisa is head of Commercial at Practical Law. She joined us from Weil, Gotshal & Manges where she worked in the Corporate group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Lucy.
Lucy is head of Practical Law Corporate. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Allen & Overy. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Sophie.
Sophie Capel joined Practical Law from Ashurst, where she worked for nearly 11 years. Sophie is head of our Employment team. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Claire.
Claire is head of Private Client at Practical Law. She joined us from Herbert Smith where she worked in the Private Wealth and Charities group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Nikki.
Nikki Martin is head of Practical Law's Property team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Osborne Clarke, Pinsent Masons, Burges Salmon and Clarke Willmott. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as David.
David Rawson leads our Restructuring and Insolvency team. Before joining Practical Law he worked for Eversheds and Hammonds. Now his job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Emma.
Emma Nendick is head of our Tax team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Freshfields and Herbert Smith. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Iain.
Iain is head of Practical Law Construction. Before joining Practical Law, he worked for Taylor Wessing, Speechly Bircham and Lewis Silkin. Now his job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Roger.
Roger Wesson is head of Practical Law's IP&IT and Media & Telecoms team. Before joining Practical Law he worked for Dentons and Allison & Humphreys. Now his job is to help you do yours.