Browse queries by topic
- ADR: Employment
- Atypical Working
- Civil Litigation: Employment
- Collective Consultation
- Contracts of Employment
- Cross-border and Immigration
- Directors and Employees: Restructuring and Insolvency
- Discipline and Performance Management
- Discrimination: Employment
- Employee Data, Monitoring and Privacy
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Employment Status and Independent Contractors
- Employment Tribunals
- Equal Pay
- Families and Pregnancy
- General Contract and Boilerplate
- Legal Concepts and Miscellaneous
- Pay and Benefits
- Policies and Procedures: Employment
- Redundancy and Business Reorganisation
- Restraint of Trade, Confidentiality and IP
- Sickness and Incapacity
- Taxation: Employment
- Termination of Employment
- Transfer of Shares: Employment
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Unfair Dismissal
- Working Time and Time Off
Practical Law employees are not practising solicitors or barristers. The Ask scope and rules apply.
Will TUPE apply where a business sells one of its stores to a franchisee?
Is there an equivalent to CPR 31.14 (specifically, the requirement to disclose a document mentioned in a statement of case) in the Employment Tribunal Rules?
Will an employer always be penalised for not investigating a grievance raised during disciplinary proceedings?
Does TUPE apply when a company changes its name?
Can an employer vary the timing of an employee's ordinary paternity leave?
Should an employee be allowed to call witnesses and question them at a grievance appeal hearing?
If a friend or family member provides reference for an individual, can they be held liable for negligent misstatement if the new employer relies on it to their detriment?
Are employees who have signed settlement agreements within the 90 day period included in a collective redundancy consultation?
Is an employee entitled to sick pay during a phased return to work?
When might a restrictive covenant of more than 12 months be upheld?
- Can you pay an employee the national minimum wage in pension contributions?
- Is there any case law on the failure to provide employee liability information?
- Are tribunals staying collective consultation cases pending the Woolworths ECJ referral?
- Are there equal pay issues if a transferor does not increase the salary of transferring employees to the same level as existing employees?
- Steering groups or "lean-in" circles for women in business?
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Lisa.
Lisa is head of Commercial at Practical Law. She joined us from Weil, Gotshal & Manges where she worked in the Corporate group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Susan.
Susan is head of Practical Law Corporate. On qualification she worked for Norton Rose, before becoming part of the Unisys in-house team. She has also worked for Olswang and BP Collins. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Sophie.
Sophie Capel joined Practical Law from Ashurst, where she worked for nearly 11 years. Sophie is head of our Employment team. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Claire.
Claire is head of Private Client at Practical Law. She joined us from Herbert Smith where she worked in the Private Wealth and Charities group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Nikki.
Nikki Martin is head of Practical Law's Property team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Osborne Clarke, Pinsent Masons, Burges Salmon and Clarke Willmott. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as David.
David Rawson leads our Restructuring and Insolvency team. Before joining Practical Law he worked for Eversheds and Hammonds. Now his job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Emma.
Emma Nendick is head of our Tax team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Freshfields and Herbert Smith. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Iain.
Iain is head of Practical Law Construction. Before joining Practical Law, he worked for Taylor Wessing, Speechly Bircham and Lewis Silkin. Now his job is to help you do yours.