Browse queries by topic
- ADR: Employment
- Atypical Working
- Civil Litigation: Employment
- Collective Consultation
- Contracts of Employment
- Cross-border and Immigration
- Directors and Employees: Restructuring and Insolvency
- Discipline and Performance Management
- Discrimination: Employment
- Employee Data, Monitoring and Privacy
- Employment Appeal Tribunal
- Employment Status and Independent Contractors
- Employment Tribunals
- Equal Pay
- Families and Pregnancy
- General Contract and Boilerplate
- Legal Concepts and Miscellaneous
- Pay and Benefits
- Policies and Procedures: Employment
- Redundancy and Business Reorganisation
- Restraint of Trade, Confidentiality and IP
- Sickness and Incapacity
- Taxation: Employment
- Termination of Employment
- Transfer of Shares: Employment
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Unfair Dismissal
- Working Time and Time Off
Practical Law employees are not practising solicitors or barristers. The Ask scope and rules apply.
Where an employer appeals against a notice of underpayment in the employment tribunal, is payment of the penalty stayed pending the outcome of the appeal?
Agency workers regulations 2010: when do the anti-avoidance provisions apply?
How should we approach a change in location on an outsourcing to which TUPE applies?
Should an HR1 form be submitted to the Redundancy Payments Service notifying of 20 or more redundancies spread over different sites?
Can a seller retain employee PAYE records after a TUPE transfer?
Do employees still accrue holiday in prison?
Can an employer recover stolen funds from an employee in the civil courts?
Should paid overtime be included in a week's pay for holiday pay purposes?
How do you calculate holiday pay for a part-timer whose working time is expressed in hours?
Can employers pay enhanced maternity pay to employees who return to work early?
- Can you pay an employee the national minimum wage in pension contributions?
- Is there any case law on the failure to provide employee liability information?
- Are tribunals staying collective consultation cases pending the Woolworths ECJ referral?
- Are there equal pay issues if a transferor does not increase the salary of transferring employees to the same level as existing employees?
- Steering groups or "lean-in" circles for women in business?
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Lisa.
Lisa is head of Commercial at Practical Law. She joined us from Weil, Gotshal & Manges where she worked in the Corporate group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Susan.
Susan is head of Practical Law Corporate. On qualification she worked for Norton Rose, before becoming part of the Unisys in-house team. She has also worked for Olswang and BP Collins. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Sophie.
Sophie Capel joined Practical Law from Ashurst, where she worked for nearly 11 years. Sophie is head of our Employment team. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Claire.
Claire is head of Private Client at Practical Law. She joined us from Herbert Smith where she worked in the Private Wealth and Charities group. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Nikki.
Nikki Martin is head of Practical Law's Property team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Osborne Clarke, Pinsent Masons, Burges Salmon and Clarke Willmott. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as David.
David Rawson leads our Restructuring and Insolvency team. Before joining Practical Law he worked for Eversheds and Hammonds. Now his job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Emma.
Emma Nendick is head of our Tax team. Before joining Practical Law she worked for Freshfields and Herbert Smith. Now her job is to help you do yours.
Our quality starts with our people.Such as Iain.
Iain is head of Practical Law Construction. Before joining Practical Law, he worked for Taylor Wessing, Speechly Bircham and Lewis Silkin. Now his job is to help you do yours.