Practical Law is working in association with MacIntyre Hudson Advisory Services to deliver a half day course on The Essential M&A Tax Toolkit for Corporate Lawyers on Thursday 10 October 2013.
About the Course
The course will give corporate lawyers a straight-forward and jargon-free overview of the key tax aspects of a typical M and A transaction and how these have changed over recent years.
The course will cover:
- How tax is developing – avoidance, the GAAR...
- Purchase of assets and goodwill v Shares sales
- Capital Gains Tax - individuals & entrepreneurs' relief
- Deferred consideration and earn outs
- Substantial shareholdings exemption
- Presale planning and simple reconstructions including hive downs and demergers
- Tax clearances
- Deferred tax
- Role of the tax deed and the warranties
- Pre-completion liabilities
- Actual liabilities
- Deemed liabilities
- Degrouping charges
- Post completion liabilities
You will benefit by:
- Increasing your confidence in communicating, not only with clients, but also with other members of the team
- Understanding the likely tax strategies involved when taking instructions or drafting transactional documentation
Who should attend:
The corporate lawyer whose advice to individual and corporate clients could be shaped by tax issues.
Numbers are limited to ensure quality.
To book your place, please complete the following registration form by 26 September 2013 to claim our Early Bird Offer.
For more information on this course please click here.
For more information on MacIntyre Hudson Advisory Services please click here.
Thursday 10 October 2013
- 09h00: Registration
- 09h30: Morning session
- 13h15: Course finishes
3.5 CPD Points
Book before 26 September 2013 to claim our Early Bird Offer!
- Subscribers: £199
- Non-Subscribers: £225
- Subscribers: £250
- Non-subscribers: £275
Maclntyre Hudson Advisory Services LLP
New Bridge Street House
30 - 34 New Bridge Street
London EC4V 6BJ
Please click here for directions.
If you would like to know more about any event, please contact the events team or call +44 20 7202 1220.
Follow our Events on Twitter.