The Aviation Finance Global Guide provides a structured overview of practical issues relating to aviation finance in key jurisdictions worldwide, including available financing options for purchasing aircraft, registration and deregistration requirements, transfer of title, security, transfer of security, enforcement of security and repossession, and application of the Cape Town Convention.
For more detailed guidance on aviation finance in over 150 countries worldwide, you may be interested in Sweet & Maxwell’s Aircraft Finance: Registration, Security and Enforcement.
Roger Whipp is a Partner at Kennedys, London. He qualified as a barrister in 1987 and was admitted as a solicitor in 2010.
Mr Whipp is an experienced aviation commercial lawyer, who leads the Kennedys aviation commercial team. He has advised airline clients in the US, UK, Europe, India, China and the Middle East on fleet replacement projects and aircraft and engine leasing arrangements. He has specialist expertise in engine OEM flying hour support arrangements and special guarantees, including fuel guarantees. Mr Whipp also spent ten years as in-house counsel to British Airways (BA).
His areas of expertise include:
- Aviation commercial.
- Aviation regulatory.
- Business aviation.
- Aircraft and engine maintenance.
Some of Mr Whipp's significant work includes:
- Acting for BA in connection with the through life flying hour maintenance support agreements for the B787 and A380 (2010).
- Acting for a UK-based carrier on warranties, guarantees and maintenance support of CFM LEAP engines (2014).
- Acting for a major US carrier on a fleet order with Airbus and engine support arrangements with Pratt & Whitney (2015).
- Acting for a UK-based carrier on a US$1.5 billion engine maintenance services agreement to support Rolls-Royce engines.
- Working on the suspension, reinstatement and ultimate retirement of the BA Concorde fleet.
Mr Whipp acts for clients including airlines, aircraft operators, aviation industry clients, maintenance, repair and overhaul organisations, and airline insurers and reinsurers.
|Country Q&A||Contributing firm|
|Australia||Norton White Lawyers|
|Bermuda||Appleby (Bermuda) Limited|
|Brazil||J.G. Assis de Almeida & Associados|
|Germany||Urwantschky Dangel Borst PartmbB|
|Isle of Man||DQ Advocates|
|Japan||Squire Patton Boggs|
|New Zealand||Minter Ellison Rudd Watts|
|South Africa||Bowman Gilfillan|
|UK (England and Wales)||Kennedys|
Japan, Squire Patton Boggs
Inmaculada Martinez Caballero
Spain, AEROIURIS ABOGADOS
Isle of Man, DQ Advocates
Claire van Zuylen
South Africa, Bowman Gilfillan
"..a refreshing approach. The practical articles on how to do particular transactions in various jurisdictions are excellent for issue spotting. "
- Maurits Dolmans, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton