About the podcast
This podcast looks at international merger notifications, including an overview of the process and various factors that need to be considered when faced with an international merger transaction and how best to co-ordinate transactions that need to be notified in a number of jurisdictions. The podcast also looks at the risks of falling foul of the rules and the contributors discuss how to deal with tricky scenarios that often arise in such transactions.
Practical Law podcasts are produced in collaboration with JurisProductions. The podcasts can be played through Practical Law's website, or downloaded in mp3 format. Access to Practical Law podcasts requires a subscription or a free trial.
Note that since the podcast was recorded there may have been developments in the law. To check the latest position, see our maintained resources under the Sources and References tab above.
After listening to this podcast you will:
- Understand where to start when faced with an international merger transaction
- Understand the process and timetable issues involved in managing and co-ordinating notifications in a number of jurisdictions
- Have an overview of the risks and penalties that might be incurred when falling foul of the rules
- Be familiar with practical tips to help ensure the smooth running of managing large international merger transactions
Listen to our Practical Law podcasts to as part of your ongoing development, and gain constructive insights into the topics that matter in your practice area. You can then take the accompanying quiz to test your knowledge and demonstrate your understanding.
For those using the existing CPD system, the time spend listening to the podcast can be claimed as part of your CPD requirement, with an extra half hour if you complete the quiz.
You may also claim CPD points by listening to podcasts and then having a face-to-face discussion about them. You can claim the total time of the session provided it lasts at least an hour and the podcasts listened to comprise no more than half the total session.
- Practice note, International merger notification
- Practice note, Corporate transactions and merger control: practical considerations
- Checklist: Corporate transactions and merger control
- Checklist: multi-jurisdictional merger control analysis
- Questionnaire: Multi-jurisdictional merger control analysis
- Article, Global Merger Control: failure to file/ "gun jumping" - three compliance tips
How do I listen to this podcast?
You can listen to the podcast in two different ways:
- By playing in your internet browser. Just click the podcast you would like to hear from the playlist, and press the play icon on the player.
- By downloading the mp3 file. Right-click on the download link, and select Save Target As to save the file to your computer. You can then listen to this on your computer, or transfer it to a portable media player.
The podcast will not play on my computer
If you're listening to this podcast using the embedded player, please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed on your computer. You can download this free here.
If you have downloaded the mp3 file, make sure your computer has up-to-date audio software installed such as Windows Media Player, iTunes or RealPlayer.
I am still having difficulty
Please contact our customer support team if you require further assistance: email@example.com.
These podcasts are produced in collaboration with JurisProductions.